PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts of Lizardmen

Grandmaster Belial
09-09-2007, 05:33
This is my Lizard army I've whipped up, so any help would be most appreciated as i have not yet had a chance to playtest it yet. It's a sacred host Quetzl, focusing mainly on two large blocks of Saurus led by two Saurus heroes, suppoted by some skinks and some heavy hitters.

(mods please excuse uppercase, this was copied from excel and i really do not feel like typing it all out again)

Here it is in all its resplendent glory for you to tear apart, the Host of Hexoatl

SAURUS OLDBLOOD XHOTZLA-GOR-BOK
GREAT WEAPON, LIGHT ARMOUR, ENCHANTED SHIELD, AURA OF QUETZL, VENOM OF THE FIREFLY FROG, SACRED SPAWNING OF QUETZL, SACRED SPAWNING OF TLAZCOTL, BLESSED MARK OF THE OLD ONES 279

SAURUS SCAR-VETERAN TENOQUATL
GREAT WEAPON, LIGHT ARMOUR, SHIELD, CHARM OF THE JAGUAR WARRIOR, SACRED SPAWNING OF QUETZL, SACRED SPAWNING OF SOTEK 148

SKINK PRIEST UAXZA
LEVEL 2, 2 DISPEL SCROLLS, SACRED SPAWNING OF QUETZL 155

SKINK PRIEST XHENQA

19 SAURUS WARRIORS
FULL COMMAND, SACRED SPAWNING OF QUETZL 288

10 SKINK SKIRMISHERS
BRAVE, SCOUTS, SACRED SPAWNING OF QUETZL 80

25 SKINK SKIRMISHERS
JAVELINS AND SHIELDS, SACRED SPAWNING OF QUETZL 155

19 SAURUS WARRIORS
FULL COMMAND, SPEARS, SACRED SPAWNING OF QUETZL, SACRED SPAWNING OF TLAZCOTL 346

3 KROXIGOR
KROXIGOR ANCIENT 196

3 SALAMADER HUNTING PACKS 195

TOTAL POINTS: 1997

The_Dragon_Rising
09-09-2007, 08:11
SAURUS OLDBLOOD XHOTZLA-GOR-BOK
GREAT WEAPON, LIGHT ARMOUR, ENCHANTED SHIELD, AURA OF QUETZL, VENOM OF THE FIREFLY FROG, SACRED SPAWNING OF QUETZL, SACRED SPAWNING OF TLAZCOTL, BLESSED MARK OF THE OLD ONES 279

Weird set-up, looks like he doesnt know whether he wants to be rank and file or a lone trooper. I would suggest Blade of the Revered Tzunki, Enchanted Shield, Light Armour, BS Tepok, BS Quetzl. This gives him serious killing power and staying power aswell.

SAURUS SCAR-VETERAN TENOQUATL
GREAT WEAPON, LIGHT ARMOUR, SHIELD, CHARM OF THE JAGUAR WARRIOR, SACRED SPAWNING OF QUETZL, SACRED SPAWNING OF SOTEK 148

Fine as he is, he isnt meant for joining squads in this build though.

SKINK PRIEST UAXZA

Nothing wrong here

SKINK PRIEST XHENQA

Would consider dropping scrolls and taking Diadem of Power instead.

19 SAURUS WARRIORS
FULL COMMAND, SACRED SPAWNING OF QUETZL 288

Nothing wrong here.

10 SKINK SKIRMISHERS
BRAVE, SCOUTS, SACRED SPAWNING OF QUETZL 80

Drop the brave

25 SKINK SKIRMISHERS
JAVELINS AND SHIELDS, SACRED SPAWNING OF QUETZL 155

Split into two units of 12

19 SAURUS WARRIORS
FULL COMMAND, SPEARS, SACRED SPAWNING OF QUETZL, SACRED SPAWNING OF TLAZCOTL 346

Drop Tlazcotl and up the squad to 20, perhaps take tepok if mmagic is predominant in your area.

3 KROXIGOR
KROXIGOR ANCIENT 196

Drop the ancient ,up the squad to 4.

3 SALAMADER HUNTING PACKS 195

Nothing wrong here.

TOTAL POINTS: 1997

List changed with suggestions

Grandmaster Belial
09-09-2007, 08:35
Thank you for your input

The oldblood joins the unit with the spawning of Tlazcotl, that's why the unit is 19. the other saurus unit is to protect my JSOD, and also because saurus are a strong core for the army. the brave is in the unit of ten skinks to support them in their role as scouts with his extra BS. the second skink unit is to act as a screen for my saurus as they advance. i've used 2 scroll caddies mainly for the magical defence they provide.

gerrymander61
09-09-2007, 11:10
I'd change the dispel scrolls on one for a diadem of power. This gives you more versatility since if you're playing a magic heavy army, you now have 2 more dispel dice, and if not, then more power dice for you. Also costs less than the 2 scrolls. A must.

I'd get a 2nd unit of skink scouts or a unit of terradons. Currently your army packs quite a bit of punch but would get torn up by a gunline army by virtue of moving so slowly. By the time they'd get close enough to do any hurt, there wouldn't be enough left to do the hurting.

Kroxigor ancient is useless.

unit of 25 skinks is unnecessary. Either split up or cut in half. I like where you're going thou with quetzl + jav/shields. Gotta try that one.

The unit of salamanders is great, but if you're looking for points to make terradons or scouts, 2 will do the job you need them to do.