PDA

View Full Version : question about annoyance of netlings!

Anardakil
09-09-2007, 09:48
Say for instance that I want to give my dragon lord AoN and try killing my friend's Chaos Lord on Daemonic steed. Will he only hit the highborn on 6s or will the AoN also affect the dragon so that he'll only hit the dragon with 6s too?

Thanks in advance.

Alathir
09-09-2007, 10:15
It depends on the exact wording of the description of the Annoyance of Netlings... I believe it was something like this? 'Any character with the annoyance will only be hit on 6's in challenges'

Anyway, my opinion is that it only applys to the character, not the dragon.

Festus
09-09-2007, 10:22
Hi

If it were only as simple as this, if the wording is indeed the one given above :D

The whole model is a character, and a monster... it all depends on the interpretation of p.7 BRB.

Festus

Atrahasis
09-09-2007, 11:22
The 7th edition FAQ tells us that special rules from magic items and the like only affect a character's mount if the item specifically says so.

Anardakil
09-09-2007, 11:46
Okey-dokey :) thanks for the answers.

Hrrm I wonder if I should still try to tackle the chaos lord or just eat some knights instead.

theunwantedbeing
09-09-2007, 15:05
The dragon isnt a character with the annoyance of netlings.
The rider of the dragon is.
Only the rider is hit on a 6+.

Finnigan2004
09-09-2007, 16:17
You could just use an alter kindred. He could be relatively cheap, fast and nasty with the annoyance, an amber pendant, the helm of the hunt, a great weapon, and whatever else you want to fit in for equipment. Against chaos knights though, I'd like the bow of loren and arcane bodkins on the alter. Throw in the pendant in case you need to go hand to hand with a two handed weapon, and he is a very nasty character for under three hundred points.

Anardakil
09-09-2007, 20:42
I used my dragonlord. I just can't leave my lovey dovey dragon highborn behind :D but thanks for the tips and answers people!