View Full Version : A Badab Project: Lost And The Damned & Red Corsairs

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Mr Feral
09-09-2007, 10:46
RENEGADES & HERETICS / LOST AND THE DAMNED STARTS ON THIS PAGE
SOME RANDOM NURGLESQUE MUTANTS ALSO START ON THIS PAGE
RED CORSAIRS START ON PAGE 16
EPIC STARTS PAGE 44

(if any pictures are missing, it's because there are more up-to-date versions later on in the thread. Either that, or a wizard did it.)

Hello all renegade enthusiasts, well recently I have decided, after several years break from 40K, to start a Renegades & Heretics army because it’s something I’ve always wanted to do, especially after seeing the Traitor Guard in Codex: Eye of Terror and the amazing Chaos Renegade Militia from FW. Since I’m still a student and therefore rather lacking in the financial department, the basis of my force at the moment uses the Cadian range because I’m cheap and can’t afford the CRM kits. I’ve painted up a Combat Patrol, but have currently gone back and added more highlights and detailing. Anyway, I’ll shut up now and bring on the pictures (apologies for shoddy photography but you’ll get the idea)

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/3362/renegademilitiaplatoon1ti5.jpg

First Renegade Militia Squad completed. I would like to point out that I model the sergeants in dramatic poses and on the larger bases because; it looks good and I imagine sergeants to be in the thick of the action and two, so it’s easier to recognise individual infantry squads on the battlefield (when the army eventually reaches one that is).

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/6623/renegademilitiaplatoon1ex8.jpg

Second Renegade Militia Squad half complete. I posed the sergeant in this squad more dramatically (dubbed “Rambo”), as with all character models later to come. Although hard to see from the photos, I’ve hand painted Chaos runes and the Chaos star onto armour and there’s lots of battle damage.

As for the main parts of painting, I used the following methods:

Basecoat: Chaos Black
(very appropriate mwhahahaha ahem)

Armour
Basecoat: Mechrite Red
Layering: Mechrite Red / Blood Red
Highlighting: Mechrite Red / Tanned Flesh
Insignia: Skull White (very thinned-down)

Fatigues
Basecoat: Chaos Black
Layering: Shadow Grey / Chaos Black
Highlighting: Adeptus Battlegrey (very thinned-down)

Flesh
Basecoat: Scorched Brown
Layering: Scorched Brown / Tanned Flesh
Highlighting: Tanned Flesh / Skull White (very thinned-down)

As for future updates, I’ve got to finish the rest of the Renegade Militia Platoon and also work on the Heavy Weapons Platoon as well (hmm Mortars KABOOM) , and then afterwards (funds and time permitting) I’ll start work on some human reavers and pirates for another Infantry Platoon, using a mixture of Marauders and Catachans, and hopefully a Company Command Platoon featuring a converted Commissar model for the Exalted Champion, with bionic limbs from a Necron Flayed One to fit in with the piratical theme. Oh and converted Renegade Ogryn Berserkers but that’s far off in the project, and eventually some of the Chaos Renegade Militia FW kits would be nice.

Anyway, this is the list I will use for Combat Patrol games:

Renegade Militia Platoon

Militia Command Squad
Champion has power weapon
One Militaman has a flamer

3 x Renegade Militia Squad
One Militaman has a grenade launcher

Heavy Weapon Platoon

Militia Command Squad
One Militaman has a missile launcher
One Militaman has a grenade launcher

Mortar Squad

As for tactics, the infantry platoon moves forward and shoots the enemy, grenade launchers for anti-infantry and anti-light vehicle purposes and the Heavy Weapon Platoon shoot whatever seems most threatening infantry-wise. Since they are no heavy vehicles in Combat Patrol, I think this list can stand up to most opposition with a fair chance.

Comments and criticism wanted.
Thanks for reading, and yes I will take better photos next time.

Still learning
09-09-2007, 11:02
wow, very nice, really captures the feel of traitor guard!

the varks
09-09-2007, 11:50
wow i love renagade guardsmen and i will be watching this log reguarly. i really like the colour scheme and the free hand. good luck with the army,

Marco

Merceus
09-09-2007, 13:20
Either my eyes are bad or the pics are a little too bright/blurry... but from what I can see they look great... I've always wanted to do a snowy-based army... :p good luck

Mr Feral
09-09-2007, 17:08
Either my eyes are bad or the pics are a little too bright/blurry... but from what I can see they look great... I've always wanted to do a snowy-based army... :p good luck

Yes the photos are blurry. I'll try to take better photos when I update this.

Trilbydude@Dragon
22-10-2007, 15:26
Ooooh, nice work there, Mr. feral. what army is it? looks like Blood pact to me...

Mr Feral
10-11-2007, 21:46
I've managed to get the whole lot painted (eventually) and now having purchased the parts I am working on some Catachan / Marauder based renegades, and 'll post pictures soon.

The Guy
10-11-2007, 22:33
Wow those are looking great!
Keep up the good work :)
Get some of the renegades from FW ASAP! IMO they'd make great grendiers or vets for you.

Mr Feral
11-11-2007, 07:56
@ Tribydude: No these aren't Blood Pact but a renegade faction of my own devising.

@ The Guy: Thanks for the comments, I'll probably get some when I start on some tanks sometime after this next lot I have to paint...

plague man
11-11-2007, 12:57
change and use the lost and dammned army list come on mutants everybody loves mutants

Mr Feral
11-11-2007, 13:03
change and use the lost and dammned army list come on mutants everybody loves mutants

Not after I'd spent 38 on the IA book. Anyway I prefer the Renegades and Heretics list.

Mr Feral
11-11-2007, 13:15
This is what you have been waiting for...

pictures obviously

The lone WIP renegade will be the start of the next part of my force. I was going to try and combine torsos and such from the Marauders kit but it failed, so I'm going for another platoon of renegades (I'll probably mix in some Necromunda models as well) and do a seperate unit of Mutants (using Worker's Rabble stats) for modelling and close combat oppertunities, which will also tie in with some Berzerker Ogryns to convert when I can afford it.

OnnO
11-11-2007, 17:42
Looking great!
The only critique I can think of is that the barrels of the 'nade-launchers aren't drilled out :)
So ignore me and make more cool models!

Mr Feral
13-11-2007, 10:14
I've started on the Mutants which I'll post the first few tomorow probably.

Mr Feral
14-11-2007, 09:14
Photo updates time!

I managed to get the first Mutant painted up, which I wll admit came out rather well. I'll let you decide on that. I added tentacles sprouting out of the Mutants body using GS and some cut down horns from the Marauder helmets.

I've also taken another photo with the second Mutant I have built, painting WIP, and also the WIP on the second Renegade Militia Platoon
(built using Catachans and Marauder accessories). The heavy stubber is converted from a Cadian grenade launcher, cut down autocannon barrel and a ammo belt from the Heavy Weapons sprue.

Comments and criticism welcome.

catbarf
14-11-2007, 11:49
Looks less like a mutant and more like crazy hill-folk. But it works.

Mr Feral
14-11-2007, 11:59
Looks less like a mutant and more like crazy hill-folk. But it works.

A crazy hill-folksman with tentacles bursting out of his stomach...
Yeah I did plan for the smple and nomadic look, which I'll contnue onto when I do Renegade Ogryn Berzerkers.

I can't wait, those shall be fun to do.

Mr Feral
17-11-2007, 11:47
Update time

I've started on the Company Command Platoon for my HQ choice. I'm not painting these until, one I get my Mutants done, two another Renegade Miltia Squad and three when I can afford the pistols and some superglue (it sucks being poor...) Bearing that in mind that's why some of the hands are missing atm.

The first photo is my WIP Veteran with Chaos Banner. I've yet to decide on how I will paint the banner, suggestions welcome. The second model here is my WIP Champion, who will sport a claw and foot from a Necron Flayed One when I can afford some superglue... I imagine him as some kind of "caped crusader" although evil in his cause *evil laugh*

Comments and crticisms welcome.

Mr Feral
18-11-2007, 12:47
Another update

The first photo is one of my WIP Renegade Veterans for my Company Command Squad. He reminds me of one of the old Orlock models, which is good since plan to add some Orlocks in this platoon at some point, a Fire Support Squad with Heavy Stubbers perhaps?

Anyway the second is another WIP Mutant, the various appendages bursting from his chest are made from the hooks on the Marauder banner. I though it looked nice anyway.

Comments, suggestions and criticism wanted
(btw most the newer stuff hasn't been built yet so I'm looking for suggestions)

Mr Feral
21-11-2007, 12:14
Oh no, the dreaded quadrupal post!
*waiting for comments*

Anyway, more photo updates on my Mutants. Taking advice from other people's comments and general inspiraton from The Flood in the Halo games (half the reason I started these), I've been adding tentacles and lots of rotting flesh. I'm very pleased with the effect, again comments and criticism welcome, very welcome.

I'll shut up now and bring on the photos. BTW, the last three photos are of my Mutant Boss, greenstuffed to make him obese, and yes I did sculpt hm a pair of manboobs *laughs* and a burst-open stomach.

Last thing, an army list for 1K points
Before you mention it, tanks are coming later on ;]

Company Command Platoon
-Exalted Champion w/ Laspitol & Power weapon
-4 Veterans, all w/ Laspistols & Close Combat Weapons
one also w/ Chaos Banner

-3 Renegade Ogryn Berzerkers
one w/ Power weapon

-3 Renegade Ogryn Berzerkers
one w/ Power weapon

Renegade Militia Platoon
Militia Command Squad
-Champion w/ Laspistol & Power weapon
-Militia w/ Lasguns
one w/ Flamer

3 Renegade Militia Squads
-Veteran w/ Laspistol & Close Combat Weapon
-Militia w/ Lasguns,
one w/ Grenade Launcher
one team w/ Mortar

Renegade Militia Squad
-Militia w/ Lasguns,
one w/ Grenade Launcher
one team w/ Missile Launcher

Renegade Militia Platoon
Militia Command Squad
-Militia w/ Lasguns
one w/ Flamer

Renegade Militia Squad
-Militia w/ Lasguns,
one w/ Heavy Stubber

2 Renegade Militia Squads
-Militia w/ Laspistols & Close Combat Weapons

AbyssRaven
22-11-2007, 02:32
Looking good so far :)
Love the Red and Black scheme as well. Looks great

Mr Feral
27-11-2007, 11:05
A small update for you readers.

I've been working on my Champion for my HQ unit, and once he has a pistol in his other hand (next on the list to be purchased) then he is ready to paint. Can't wait.

On the painting front, I've started on the latest platoon, and I must say that these guys are some of my best painting IMO. Comments appreciated.

The last picture is a sketch I did for a Chimera conversion (if I can work out how to do it) inspired by the Malcador (which I can't afford) but I can try to emulate it's style :D Advice on what materials to use for the hull and things like that would be helpful folks.

So I've still to finish the 20 Mutant conversions, finish building the renegade platoon, and purchase some Ogre Bulls for the Renegade Ogryn Berzerker conversion treatment. After all of that, I will have 1K points completed and then I'm going gaming :D to see if I can match my painting ability on the table (although I doubt it)

After that, the 500 point expansion to 1,500 points, I have a few ideas. Perhaps some tanks or Renegade Armoured Fist squads? What do you lot recommend?

Comments, ideas and criticism much appreciated.

*edit*

I would like to convert an Armoured Fist like these guys for the next 500 points. From what I have established so far, a mix of Ork and Zombie parts would be good, with resculpting of fingers, toes (three not four), clothing and faces. After that I would buld a ramshackle Chimera to go with.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g223/CommanderXenock/MutieRaiders-1.jpg

Comments and ideas anyone?

Mr Feral
29-11-2007, 13:47
Oh noes the dreaded double post!

After a bout of Mutie madness and some rummaging through the bitz box, I chucked together a concept model for a Mutie (see pictures) Although you probably can't see it, the fingers have been resculpted and it looks quite nice IMO. t will look better when it's painted, I promise.

Comments and suggestions?

Khorghan
29-11-2007, 15:38
so your going for the backpack hunched ork muties?

Mr Feral
29-11-2007, 15:48
so your going for the backpack hunched ork muties?

Probably, although I am not sure how these will be organised. Either I can build these and count them as Renegade Militia, or I can start a new army of these using the new Ork Codex and the wonderful "count-as" rule.

I reckon that I could also build some of the Plague Zombie conversions with the in-built guns similar to the one's here
http://www.jrn-works.dk/gallery/mini.php?range=GWmuties&model=Muties
I think they would make great "count-as" Grots, and then I could convert some Mutie Cavalry and some ramshackle vehicles. I could theoretically use them in either list.

Mr Feral
01-12-2007, 12:35
I've finished painting up my Mutie test model. Painting wise, I like it, the head looks gnarly IMO. The modelling though I'm not so sure of, well just the hands really. However the gun, backpack and cable I am satisfied with.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Muties/Mutietestmodel2.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Muties/Mutietestmodel1.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Muties/Mutietestmodel.jpg

Comments?

Pfreck
09-12-2007, 09:26
Sorry for the late reply (and threadomancy..?),

This army is stunning! I really like what you did with the cadian plastics, the paintscheme is also very well fitting the theme. :)

Are you planning to do some roughriders too? (although they aren't in the Renegades & Heretics list) I was thinking to mount some of my CRM on these bikes (http://www.westwindproductions.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=106_107&products_id=945) from West Wind Productions. It really gives a nice rebellion feeling. :)

Keep it up mate!

Mr Feral
09-12-2007, 10:58
Yes people an actual update! (photos later on today)

I've been workng on my Mutants, which have taken quite a while, what with all the limb repositioning and the sculpting of many tentacles.

I've also started on a Rogue Psyker to accompany my HQ, and is ready to paint, so expect pictures later on today.

After all this and some Renegades to finish, I'm getting the Chimera to transport the Renegade Armoured Fist unit, andddddd finally a Leman Russ so I can call this army a balanced army.

After this 1,000 ponts is done, I'm probably going to start on some Adversaries (of the Daemonhunters and Witchhunters variety) to add some variety and fluffyness to this army, like Mutants and Daemon Packs, perhaps even some Beastmen. I'll also build a new squad to replace my Mutants in the Renegades army (curently beng used as Workers Rabble) and put then in with the Adversaries, so as not to confuse people.

And finally, as to make up for not having pictures yet, here's my army list for 1,000 points:

Company Command Platoon
one also w/ Chaos Banner
-Rogue Psyker
w/ additional psychic power, power weapon

Renegade Militia Platoon
Militia Command Squad
-Militia w/ Lasguns
one w/ Flamer

-Militia w/ Lasguns,
one w/ Grenade Launcher
one team w/ Mortar

Renegade Militia Squad
-Militia w/ Lasguns,
one w/ Grenade Launcher

Workers Rabble
20 Workers Rabble w/ Laspistols & Close Combat Weapons

Renegade Armoured Fist Squad
-Militia w/ Lasguns,
one w/ Heavy Stubber

-Chimera
w/ turret mounted Twin-linked Heavy Bolter
w/ hull mounted Heavy Bolter
w/ Extra Armour

Renegade Tank
-Leman Russ

Comments and pointing out obvious tactical flaws in the army list wanted.

ps. @ pfreck: thanks for the encouragement and if you weren't going to perform threadomancy here, then I was :p

EDIT: it's photo time!

First up, my Rogue Psyker, about to be painted. This uses mainly Marauder parts with a cut-down Cadian helmet, vox caster unit thing and some Catachan accessories, oh and GS chainmail.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/RoguePsykerPIP2.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/RoguePsykerPIP1.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/RoguePsykerPIP.jpg

Mutants WIP pictures coming soon...

Mr Feral
09-12-2007, 12:11
Mutants WIP (note to self, get more round bases soon because i've run out...)

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Adversaries/MutantsWP.jpg

And my favourate Mutants so far

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Adversaries/MutantsWP1.jpg

One painted up

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Adversaries/MutantPIP.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Adversaries/MutantPIP1.jpg

Novogord_Vivendi
09-12-2007, 12:13
Some pictures are rather dark, so I can't say much about them. But all the other stuff is really good. But I think that you should not only use human mutants, like said above some orcs or tau mixed in them would look really good.

Mr Feral
09-12-2007, 12:21
Some pictures are rather dark, so I can't say much about them. But all the other stuff is really good. But I think that you should not only use human mutants, like said above some orcs or tau mixed in them would look really good.

Thanks for the comments. I really need to work out how to take decent pictures. The non-human Mutants isn't a bad idea, I was thinking of doing some Beastmen and more Mutants in the future. The mutated Orks artwork in the DH Codex springs to mind now.
http://uk.games-workshop.com/daemonhunters/adversaries/images/mutant-ork.jpg

*Ideas formulating*
*dribbles at though of idea*

Vasteye
09-12-2007, 13:12
mmmmn sweet mint jelly

:D

nice looking army, i've always thought the chaosy/guard plastic bits went together well

Mr Feral
10-12-2007, 19:16
The Rogue Psyker is complete and photos will be posted tomorrow.

Mr Feral
13-12-2007, 15:33
Sorry for the delay.

One Rogue Psyker
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/RoguePsyker.jpg

That and I purchased a knife.
Hopefully some more Mutants and Renegades pictures up soon, then I get to the fun tanks.

Here's a question for you: Should I get a Leman Russ, Basilisk or Hellhound?

Novogord_Vivendi
13-12-2007, 16:39
I prefer to play with a hellhound, because most of my openents(when I every go out and play the game) go havie on infantery. So then something that can burn them away is a must.
On to the mini, he looks more like a fanatic then a sorcerrer. Otherwhise he looks good from wath I can see.

kiwichild
13-12-2007, 18:09
All hail the angry ninja/rogue pshycotic. Screw being scared of his phsy-chic abilities, that double maruader death-knuckle wrist guard will be a Close-Combat surprise to anyone who underestimates him........(please tell me it`s something sweet: wargear-wise/ powerfist?)...............:D

Mr Feral
13-12-2007, 18:35
Thanks for the feedback

@ Novogord_Vivendi - I agree, a Hellhound does sound amusing and would be good to tag team alongside my Chimera mounted squad. Hellhound it is then. This Rogue Psyker model-wise is more of a random guy afflicicted by psychic powers and goes berzerk from the voices in his head. He can't control what he's doing really.

@ kiwichild - I never thought of him as a ninja until you mentioned it. Unfortunately it turn out that Rogue Psykers can't have PWs or PFs :( and even if he could, the possesion rules overide wargear choices, so I hope in battle when he gets close to the enemy he screws up a power and goes mental :evilgrin:

An updated army list for your analysis:

Company Command Platoon
one also w/ Chaos Banner
-Rogue Psyker
w/ additional psychic power

Disciples of Xaphan
-1 Champion w/ Autogun
-9 Disciples w/ Autoguns,
two w/ Grenade Launcher

-Chimera

Renegade Militia Platoon
Militia Command Squad
-Militia w/ Lasguns
one w/ Flamer

-Militia w/ Lasguns,
one w/ Grenade Launcher
one team w/ Mortar

Renegade Militia Squad
-Militia w/ Lasguns,
one w/ Grenade Launcher

Workers Rabble

Hellhound
-Hellhound
w/ Extra Armour

Mr Feral
14-12-2007, 21:37
I purchased my Chimera today and for my first vehicle built in years, I've started to modify the hull which will have a Malcador-esque look to it. It's going to have a twin-linked Heavy Bolter for the main frontal weapon and the lasguns down the side. Also attached was the basic plan from a while back so you know what I'm on about.

Some WIP photos:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/ChimeraWIP2.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/ChimeraWIP1.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/ChimeraWIP.jpg

Comments and criticisms anyone?

Mr Feral
15-12-2007, 11:38
I've pretty much finished the construction of the tracks and started on the hull:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/ChimeraWIP3.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/ChimeraWIP4.jpg

You can probably see what I'm getting at now. Fluff-wise, it's going to be an ancient variation on the Chimera, and it's going to be really battle-damaged and fixed up.

However yet I don't know about how I'm going to do the rivets, so if anyone has any ideas then that'll be helpful.

Danny76
15-12-2007, 11:50
looks great so far, how did you do the battle damage?

I've heard people use a cut up spear shaft or similar thin item to create rivets..?

Mr Feral
15-12-2007, 12:11
looks great so far, how did you do the battle damage?

I used a knife for the bullet holes and clippers for the bent edges on the sides.

I've heard people use a cut up spear shaft or similar thin item to create rivets..?

Hmm sounds like a good idea, I think I have some Skink javelins around here somewhere.

Deamon-forge
15-12-2007, 12:17
Thats one fine renegade army you geting there,

for rivets i buy mine in packs of 100-175 from http://www.barrule.com/Workshop/about.html there p+p is very fast!

keep up the good work i be watching this thread.

Mr Feral
15-12-2007, 13:33
@ Daemon-forge: Thaks for the compliment, I too am pleased with how this project is turning out

Right, I've now finished the basic construction of the Chimera, and it's looking good

The details I need to add are the metal strips around the hull's edges to cover up the (dodgy) joints with GS, and then rivets.

Anyway I'll shut up and bring on the pictures:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/ChimeraWIPbasicconstructioncomplete.jpg
That's right, the troops jump out the top of the tank

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/ChimeraWIPbasicconstructioncompl-1.jpg
We have laguns on ths side in case any more b*stards decide to key my ride

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/ChimeraWIPbasicconstructioncompl-2.jpg
It speaks for itself really

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/ChimeraWIPbasicconstructioncompl-3.jpg
Hmm........battle damage

Easy E
15-12-2007, 13:59
Nice traitor tank. It looks well used and less technologically advanced than the Imperial stuff.

I'm not sold on the troops coming out of the top though. Kinda... difficult.

Edit: I also like your mutants. They are still obviously human, which adds to their sinister effect. Their corrupt humans and not a bunch of beasts.

Mr Feral
15-12-2007, 14:03
I'm not sold on the troops coming out of the top though. Kinda... difficult.

That's why these aren't in mass-production ;), although on a serious note I should add some handles to the back so the troops can climb in and out.

Deamon-forge
15-12-2007, 14:05
just having a better look at the tank it reminds me of a Malcador.... mite have to borrow the tank idea :D

Mr Feral
15-12-2007, 14:08
just having a better look at the tank it reminds me of a Malcador.... mite have to borrow the tank idea :D

That was the plan :p and you have my blessings if you use my idea. Battleship-esque tanks FTW!

FraustyTheSnowman
16-12-2007, 23:38
Will definitely be using this idea for my own traitors. One thing I think I'll do though is put the access hatch on the back of the upper hull section. Have it look like one of those old style double doors in the ground to the storm celler...

chuckyhol
17-12-2007, 03:28
Very nice stuff. You captured the dark and gritty look beautifully.

Disturbing_Clown
17-12-2007, 04:13
Like what you are doing here. Do you plan on using these guys in Apocalypse games? I have mutants left over from Latd that I get to use next week. I'm going to use the entry from the eye of terror list for now, but if GW doesn't get off their butts and release their mutant datasheet soon, I'm going to do up my own. On that note, time to get dressed so I can work on my traitors without getting cold!

Mr Feral
17-12-2007, 17:10
A small update; I added a small hatch at the back of the Chimera, reworked the hull Heavy Bolter and am about halfway on the modelling details.

@ FraustyTheSnowman - yeah it be amusing to imagine the troops jumping out of the cellar-door access hatch.

@ chuckyhol - thanks, it has been my theme throughout, I can't stand "clean" looking troops, they have to be gritty!

@ Disturbing_Clown - ATM I need to get back into gaming and perhaps expand into 1500 ponts before I go Apocalypse sized. My Mutant models will probably be the first thing to be replaced if I continue with this project (it's likely :D) I was thinking of replacing them with a scratchbuilt Turret Emplacement because it suits the fluff of the army, be cheap money wise and would also add some much needed anti-tank weaponry.

As for where the Mutants would end up, here's what I'm thinking ATM
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118139

Captin Korea!
17-12-2007, 21:17
Very nice army so far! Maybe add an tentacle coming out of an hach on one of the tanks to make it look "eviler"

Mr Feral
20-12-2007, 11:29
Update time.

I've finished the GS work on the Chimera and all it needs now is rivets and a nice paintjob. Note the reworked weapons and a small hatch on the back

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/Chimerapre-rivetstage.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/Chimerapre-rivetstage1.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/Chimerapre-rivetstage2.jpg

BTW the birthday cake in the background is for me for tomorrow :D

Mr Feral
20-12-2007, 11:29
More pictures:

As a break from the Chimera, I've been working on some of my infantry models, and this is my Exalted Champion nearly finished (a few details and the basing needs to be finished)

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/ExaltedChampionPIP2.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/ExaltedChampionPIP.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/ExaltedChampionPIP1.jpg

Mr Feral
20-12-2007, 11:34
Final update for today, some of the Mutants / Workers Rabble I've been working on slowly (it doesn't help that I'm running out of paints and round bases...)

These are in varous stages, some reworked on, some started not long ago and some that need touching up with some paint:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Adversaries/Mutantsbatch1PIP.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Adversaries/Mutantsbatch1PIP1.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Adversaries/Mutantsbatch1PIP2.jpg

Comments, criticism and wacky idea suggestions very much appreciated!

Dromedar
20-12-2007, 12:31
Cool =) to be honest I wasn't sure about the Chimera (?) in the beggining though I love how things came togheter =)

Mr Feral
20-12-2007, 13:02
Cool =) to be honest I wasn't sure about the Chimera (?) in the beggining though I love how things came together =)

Thanks Dromedar for the compliment, there were too moments for me when I was thinking that the Chimera wasn't adequate enough, but I seemed to have pulled it off now. Only after the paintjob will I know :p

I've been thinking about the the possibilites of the last unit to include in the 1000 points list, and my main contender ATM is Servitor Anti-Tank teams manning Lascannons, with a hint of steampunk ie. little funnels and bits for the Servitors and lascannons and then when everything is painted up shall I have 1000 points complete :D and ready to game with.

Deamon-forge
20-12-2007, 16:50
I like the reworked Chimera, cant wait to see more.

Mr Feral
20-12-2007, 17:46
And more you shall see soon Deamon-forge, for today I purchased some Servitors, and the plan for the Anti-Tank teams is on the go.

Seeing the SM Servitors in the flesh, they justify the 7 per pair that I spent on them today. :)

Daniel36
20-12-2007, 18:03
Wow your models possess so much motion! Good going, and good choice of colours too. ;)

donuter
20-12-2007, 23:35
i love the chimiara use the new rule in imperial armour apoc for the chaos renagade strike force

T_55
21-12-2007, 01:15
Awesome Tank conversion there with some cool mutants to boot, i can't wait to see the servitors.

malika
21-12-2007, 01:18
Ah mutants! Kick ass...I know you've got a thread about them in the other modelling section here too. But have you considered looking at the Necromunda model range or the Digga models from Gorkamorka? You might want to use the old Ork vehicle models to convert them into crude civilian vehicles because they are more based on human sizes than Ork sizes.

Mr Feral
21-12-2007, 09:20
Thanks everyone.

@ Daniel36 - Thanks for the compliment, my Champions / unit leaders are all modelled in varied action poses to make them stand out from the troops.

@ donuter - I've heard about the Vraksian (sp?) datasheet but don't know what it contains. Can anyone give me a brief descripton of it?

@ T_55 - Thanks, I should have a WIP photo of my first Servitor team later on. I can't wait to see more of your servitors as well :p Chaos Servitors FTW!

@ malika - I have considered some of the Scavvies from the Necromunda range, but I prefer plastics for the bulk of my troops (perhaps a Necromunda gang for another time?) I have seen the Diggas, they do look a lot like weedy Marauders. Still, who knows where this project will go next?

Oh yeah, WIP Servitor pictures later...

malika
21-12-2007, 10:44
I have considered some of the Scavvies from the Necromunda range, but I prefer plastics for the bulk of my troops (perhaps a Necromunda gang for another time?)
I was talking about the other gangs, such as the Goliaths (IIRC they had plastic models) and the Orlocks. Redemptionist models would also make creat cultist! But those can be made using Elf models in combination with 40k bits.

I have seen the Diggas, they do look a lot like weedy Marauders. Still, who knows where this project will go next?

You wanted a mutant army based on the Ork armylist right? Perhaps those Diggas could count as Grots since they are so weedy. Would be expensive though. :(

Mr Feral
21-12-2007, 11:27
I was talking about the other gangs, such as the Goliaths (IIRC they had plastic models) and the Orlocks. Redemptionist models would also make creat cultist! But those can be made using Elf models in combination with 40k bits.

I see what you mean know. The metal Goliaths and Orlocks models are great models, perhaps in the future I could get some and mix them in wth the plastics. Ahh the Redemptionst models.........Apostate Preachers come to mind.

You wanted a mutant army based on the Ork armylist right? Perhaps those Diggas could count as Grots since they are so weedy. Would be expensive though. :(

Unfortunately, I can't do expensive but they are nice models :rolleyes:

Anyway, the (bad quality) pictures that I said I'll upload. I'm not too happy with the chainmail over the left one's face so that'll probably be redone. Paintjobs in progress, the first one is too dark ATM. The left one is holding the power pack whch will be connected to the Lascannon, and the other Servitor is holdng the trigger at the back of the gun. Eventually both Servitors and the lascannon will be mounted on a 60mm base (when my local GW gets them in stock)

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/ServitorHeavyWeaponTeamWIP.jpg

The beginnings of the other two Heavy Weapon teams (ie. not started)

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Servitorsinblisters.jpg

These will probably take a while because I want to do a good job on them. Comments and that appreciated.

Mr Feral
21-12-2007, 15:43
I've resculpted the chainmail on the first Servitor and the whole model will be repainted because it looks bad in comparison to the second Servitor which I just finished:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Servitorpainted.jpg

Yes, can you believe it, a picture from me where you can actually see the detail! This model was very nice to paint and I'm damn proud of it, best way to spend a birthday ;).

Comments and criticisms appreciated as always.

Earthbeard
21-12-2007, 15:51
The servitor is a really nice job, loving the blending and yes as you say the pictures are a lot less dark ;)

Mr Feral
21-12-2007, 15:54
The servitor is a really nice job, loving the blending and yes as you say the pictures are a lot less dark ;)

Thanks, IIRC the flesh alone took about 6 layers to get it right. Madness, and I've another 5 to do!

cyprus01
21-12-2007, 16:50
five more layers or five more servitors

Mr Feral
21-12-2007, 17:43
five more layers or five more servitors

Five more Servitors, for three Anti-Tank Teams.

Pfreck
21-12-2007, 17:55
best way to spend a birthday ;).
It's your birthday today? Happy birthday mate! And many more years of awesome Renegade goodness! :D

The servitor is looking great man, what will it be rulewise?
I'm also a big fan of that Chimera design, I might steal it for my Renegades. :)

Cheers!

PS.
Any chance on a group picture of the army so far?

PPS.
Have you seen the new CRM command squad and Nurgle Apostate preachers (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/QUATERMASTERS_STORE_NEW_STUFF__11.html) yet? They're awesome!

Kasrkin 666
21-12-2007, 22:27
Yes happy birthday!:D And that servitor is straight sexy!

-Sunny:o

T_55
22-12-2007, 01:16
I can't wait to see the rest of the servitors if their going to turn out that good, that looks fantastic, awesome details.

Earthbeard
22-12-2007, 01:33
Thanks, IIRC the flesh alone took about 6 layers to get it right. Madness, and I've another 5 to do!

But for such a fine end result I'd say its more than worth it.

Mr Feral
22-12-2007, 11:43
Thanks everyone, and yes it was my birthday yesterday, I had a great time.

@ Pfreck - Thanks, the Servitors will be formed into an Anti-Tank squad wth lascannons when I can get the large bases for them. I tried to get a group shot taken but the poor lighting conditions said otherwise :(

Yes, those FW Renegades literally made my jaw drop when I saw them. Perhaps a FW order is in....order.

@ Kasrkin 666, T_55 and Earthbeard - Thanks for the comments, the finished result did justify the two/three hours that went into it. I can assure you that the other ones will be painted just as well :p.

The final version of my 1000 point list:

Company Command Platoon
w/ Trademark Item
one also w/ Chaos Banner
-Rogue Psyker

-Anti-Tank squad
w/ Lascannons

Disciples of Xaphan
-1 Champion w/ Laspitol & Power weapon
-9 Disciples w/ Laspistols & Close Combat Weapons
two w/ Grenade Launcher

-Chimera

Renegade Militia Platoon
Militia Command Squad
-Militia w/ Lasguns
one w/ Flamer

-Militia w/ Lasguns,
one w/ Grenade Launcher
one team w/ Mortar

Renegade Militia Squad
-Militia w/ Lasguns,
one w/ Grenade Launcher

Workers Rabble

(that's 88 models in total BTW :p)

Later on if I recover for last night's celebrations (read as excessive drinking), I'll start on the second Servitor.

*EDIT* I've decided to rework my Disciples of Xaphan to be a close comabt squad, and am currently swapping in new weapons. I am going to make them more CRM-esque as well, with arm-mounted blades and shoulder armour plates. Expect WIP pictures soon (after I've got some more GS)

james4191
22-12-2007, 16:21
Thats some cool renegades you've got there Mr Feral, I have to say, your chimera conversion is rather good, it gives a great impression of out of date, low tech stuff that the imperium scraped ages ago, but your militia have pressed it back into service. I look forward to seeing some more renegades and painted minis soon!

Mr Feral
22-12-2007, 18:54
I've finished painting the other Servitor, pictures up tomorrow (and it's looking good ;)).

@ james4191 - thanks for the compliment, it appears that my Chimera conversion is quite the popular one. You can thank FW for releasing the Malcador and giving me the hull modification idea.

So far to complete the first 1000 points, I need to:

-change weapons and paint Disciples of Xaphan
-finish building and paint Mutants / Workers Rabble
-paint Company Command Squad
-finish building and paint Anti-Tank squad
-add rivets and paint Chimera
-repaint the flesh on Renegade Militia Platoon

(quite a lot to do then)

I was thinking of what to get after I've got everything up to date, (and as I promised myself a long time ago) Iwill maybe get some Chaos Renegade Militia for some Armoured Fist squads, and maybe some tanks. I'm open to request people, so fire away with your ideas.

james4191
23-12-2007, 11:02
Your quite welcome Mr F. You seem to have given yourself quite a bit to do, so I wish you the best of luck. Just an idea, perhaps some rough riders on some suitably mutated beasts... just a thought let me know what you think.

Mr Feral
23-12-2007, 13:08
A picture for you lovely viewers to ponder over:

One Servitor Heavy Weapon Team (unfortunately lacking a 60mm base to finish them)
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Servitorsneedbasing.jpg
(and many various unfinished units in the background :eek:)

@ james4191 - Unfortunately, the Renegades & Heretics list (great as it is) distinctly lacks with the non-mechanized Fast Attack choices, it's just Hellhounds, Sentinels and Salamanders for choice. :rolleyes:

Having seen the new plastics VC Ghouls (http://warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31897&d=1198332162), they scream for the Mutant conversion treatment. I just love their hunchback look. Ideas / suggestions anyone? I'm thinking of the enslaved Abhuman type (Slave Levy?)

If anyone has any fluff / modelling ideas to chuck into the melting pot, fire away. That and I need to scrounge as much Mutant-related artwork as possible. Links would be good.

Now you'll have to excuse me, I've got Autopistols to convert for some Disciples of mine...

donuter
23-12-2007, 21:09
vraskin has 2 malcadors +4 squads of traitors + enforces(chaos) + evil ogryns
all are fearless and furius charge

voiceofthewarp
23-12-2007, 21:11
Your metals are really nice and grungy :D Perfect for heretics, I think that the minis could do with soe more highlights on the black though;)

-Voiceofthewarp

Mr Feral
24-12-2007, 11:51
@ donuter - Two Malcadors? Thanks for the info, it's a bit out of my league ATM but perhaps in the future.

@ voiceofthewarp - Thanks, the "black" areas are actually dark grey (Chaos Black / Shadow Grey mix)

On the progress front, not much has happened (it doesn't help that the extended family decide to mass-visit my house by means of a pre-determined arrangement) although I have nearly finished riveting my Chimera, and to my surprise, I do have some Chaos Black spraypaint (I thought I'd ran out) Further progress is hampered by my lack of GS and round bases :( and also by that particular Xbox 360 I'm unwrapping tomorrow :p. Hell, at least I get Bioshock with it.

Once I get my GS and round bases I'll be able to steamroller through the painting, perhaps even get this done by the new year.

And that folks was my 200th post, and Merry Chrismas to all!

cyprus01
24-12-2007, 11:56
merry Christmas mr feral and don't play on the xbox to much!!

Mr Feral
24-12-2007, 15:02
@ cyprus01 - I'll try not too...

To quote Professor Farnsworth, "good news everyone!", I've got some more GS and a tank brush so I can continue with my Disciples, Workers Rabble and Chimera. That and WD was out early, and it actually looks good this month.

Still the round bases aren't avaliable at my local GW...

And finally, thanks Deamonforge for the Malcador plans, that's something else to do in the new year.
That is all.

cyprus01
24-12-2007, 15:30
i wouldn't blame you if you did i just got my xbox 360 so my fists will be taking a back step

Mr Feral
25-12-2007, 12:37
@ cyprus01 - I'll try not too, but it's so shiny and Bioshock is awesome.

I've started painting my Chimera. It's looking awesome so far (the near finished parts like the top hatch, weathering makes it look much better) and should be done in the next few days (Xbox 360 permitting :D).

However, I am stumped what to call it, something threatening and cool sounding, which the tank crew have scrawled across the side. Any suggestions people?

donuter
25-12-2007, 15:16
call it a

mini-malc

Captin Korea!
26-12-2007, 01:26
The hell-bell
what have you made the orgen out of?

Mr Feral
26-12-2007, 13:40
@ donuter - Your suggestion amused me.

@ Captin Korea! - Another amusing name suggestion, but I don't understand what you mean by the "orgen"?

A small update to prove I've been working on this project:

I won't lie to you, Bioshock has kept me busy but I have been working away on the Chimera.

Some PIP pictures:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/ChimeraPIP.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/ChimeraPIP1.jpg

I have decided not to give it a name and write PURGE! on the side instead, basically because I like that word. It still needs the sides, weaponry and tracks done, and some Chaos insignia as well.

Comments and criticisms?

*EDIT* I forgot to ask, I'm stumped on what to get for the next 500 points. I've got CRM planned but that's about it.

donuter
26-12-2007, 15:10
blood pact storm troopers or another 'purge' and a hell cannon for a basalisk (thats what i've done for my renagades, may do a blog myself........)

Mr Feral
26-12-2007, 19:39
*shouts some "colourful" language at the browser for crashing whilst I'm trying to update this log*

@ donuter - thanks for the suggestions, you should start a project log. I'd like to see your stuff. BTW the "purge" is one of a kind, being out-dated technology and that.

Right, I reckon the Chimera should be finished tomorrow so expect pictures. With the influx of money from the birthday/Christmas combo I am getting myself one Cadian Battleforce for reinforcements :D

After re-reading my army list I discovered to my horror that the points value came up short, so I'm whacking in a Leman Russ for good measure. However with that points sink, something had to go, and that fell to the Mutants / Workers Rabble. That means less to paint until I can game :) although I've still got Disciples of Xaphan, a Company Command Squad and a Chimera to finish. That and re-do the flesh on the Renegade Milita platoon to improve the painting standard.

I've been working slowly on the Mutants so you know. That and playing Bioshock too much. Anyone who's played it will know of the Splicers, the result of human civilians screwed up by excessive genetic manipulation. That viewers, screams out Mutants to me and I happen to have some Empire Militia and plenty of GS around here somewhere. There's something for another time then, I have enough to do ATM.

BTW I'm not starting on the Battleforce until everything outstanding is done :rolleyes: and I placed an order to FW for some CRM...:eek:

The ABSOLUTE final 1000 point list:

Company Command Platoon
w/ Trademark Item
one also w/ Chaos Banner
-Rogue Psyker

-Anti-Tank squad
w/ Lascannons

Disciples of Xaphan
-1 Champion w/ Laspitol & Power weapon
-9 Disciples w/ Laspistols & Close Combat Weapons
two w/ Grenade Launcher

Renegade Militia Platoon
Militia Command Squad
-Militia w/ Lasguns
one w/ Flamer

-Militia w/ Lasguns,
one w/ Grenade Launcher
one team w/ Mortar

Renegade Militia Squad
-Militia w/ Lasguns,
one w/ Grenade Launcher

-Chimera
w/ Extra Armour

Renegade Tank
-Leman Russ
w/ sponson mounted Heavy Bolters
w/ Extra Armour
w/ Track Guards
w/ Pntle mounted Storm Bolter
w/ Extra Armour

Deamon-forge
26-12-2007, 20:31
looks good, How about using a hell cannon mounted on the back of a chimera (little conversion work) and make it into a Bombard? as i think the cannon is a little bit to use as a basalisk, plus the Bombard is a ace tank!
*BOOMMM!* *slap* *blood/body parts for the gods*

donuter
26-12-2007, 23:52
i wanted to say that but a bomabard is apoc only so a basalisk will do for now.
add some evil preaches under the priest rules as that would be cool

Mr Feral
27-12-2007, 12:19
@ donuter - Bombards are actually a HS choice in the Renegades & Heretics list, so can be used in non-Apocalypse games :). I was considering getting some of the FW Nurgle Apostate Preachers because they are so nice *dribbles*. I've heard the confirmed rumour that Nurgle-marked Renegades will be in IA6, so fingers crossed for something good.

@ Deamon-forge - That sounds a bit pricey for me ATM, but perhaps later on. However IIRC the Bombard is mounted on a LR chassis, not the Chimera chassis.

Deamon-forge
27-12-2007, 12:23
@ Deamon-forge - That sounds a bit pricey for me ATM, but perhaps later on. However IIRC the Bombard is mounted on a LR chassis, not the Chimera chassis.

Oh yea forgot about that, must of been thinking of the Griffon.
If you could make the track areas out of plastic card, and just brought the track links/wheels you could make it very cheap, just need to get a Hell cannon from some one cheap.

Skidman
27-12-2007, 15:31
nice work on the renegades, they are coming together quite nicely im really excited to see how your entire force looks once it is completed

--Skid

donuter
27-12-2007, 16:05
yes the 2 forces in IA 6 are khorne and nurgle, some have already been released(berezerkar ogryns). i for one love death guard after my word bearers

Mr Feral
28-12-2007, 12:28
@ Deamon-forge - That's a good idea, unfortunately I don't have a clue where to get some plastic card. I'll have to have a look around the shops one day.

@ Skidman - Thanks, it should be quite a sight to see everything together and finished.

@ donuter - IIRC, the Berzerker Ogryns were lobotamised after the the initial rebellion, not because of Khornate influence. Anyway I hope in IA6 that the expanded list include some CSM and marked-troops. If that's so then it's Nurgle all the way for me.

BTW I did get my Cadian Battleforce :D, but still no round bases :cries:.
I promised myself I wouldn't start it until I've got the Chimera, Disciples, Heavy Weapons and the Company Command Squad done.

Pfreck
28-12-2007, 12:30
some have already been released(berezerkar ogryns).
Actually, Ogryn Berserkers are not capable of worshipping any kind of god. They simply are just stupid, their masters say what they have to do and they obey. They only have to know which side is the enemy. :evilgrin:
It's all explained in AI5.

Mr. Feral,

The chimera is looking great man, I would suggest to let the word 'Purge' stand out some more. Maybe cracked white?

Cheers!

Mr Feral
28-12-2007, 12:35
@ Pfreck - Since the last photos, I've have gone over the writing and insignia with white, and have now got to tidy it up and finish the tracks, and then I should be done. One might even see it finished today, if I can resist playing Halo 3 for a bit :p.

Mr Feral
29-12-2007, 12:58
I've finished the Chimera:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/Chimerafinished.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/Chimerafinished3.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/Chimerafinished2.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/Chimerafinished1.jpg

Comments and constructive criticisms?
(I've just noticed the symbol on the back needs touching up...)

Mr Feral
29-12-2007, 13:46
I've also been working on a few other things, one being the Chaos Banner of the army. This model is still in the PIP stage so you know.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/VeteranwithChaosBannerPIP.jpg

I'm quite pleased with the freehand and the layering on the banner.

Deamon-forge
29-12-2007, 13:52
its looking good there mate nice work

T_55
29-12-2007, 14:55
I really like that banner, the half chaos star is a nice addition, keep it up. The chimera is excellent as well.

Easy E
29-12-2007, 17:04
Nice use of the half chaos star as a motif on your vehicle and the banner.

That Tortoise style chimera looks heavily used. Perfect.

Mr Feral
29-12-2007, 17:33
Thank you Deamon-forge, T_55 and Easy E for the compliments. I'll probably get the banner bearer finished tonight and the Armoured Fist squad as well. After that I'll probably end up playing Bioshock or Halo 3 to get some ideas for future units (The Flood is one of the best game character concepts ever!).

I better get working then.

Khorghan
29-12-2007, 17:48
battle damage on the chimera looks good

catbarf
29-12-2007, 18:01
Bioshock

Big Daddy.

Mr Feral
29-12-2007, 18:06
@ Khorghan - Thanks, the batle damage was a significant part of the painting time for the Chimera.

Big Daddy.

Those and some Splicers. I managed to aquire myself a copy of the Bioshock concept art book, and it's give me some damn good ideas. Some of the Splicer pieces are quite creepy.

Deamon-forge
29-12-2007, 18:07
your welcome Mr F,
just a question how tall is your Chimera?
i think a big daddy idea would be ace, use them as ogyres (sp)

Mr Feral
29-12-2007, 18:24
@ Deamon-forge - IIRC, I believe the Chimera's hull is 5cm tall, but taking into account the 1cm or so that the hull is lowered by, I'd say abut 4cm taller than the average Chimera. I'd say about 9 or 10cm tall in total then.

Big Daddies it is then, for the masses have spoken! So much to do, so much to do...

Mr Feral
30-12-2007, 16:57
I've started on the Leman Russ I got in my Cadian Battleforce set, and although I said I wouldn't start on that until I got everthing else done, I ran out of black paint :rolleyes:.

Still, as with the Chimera I'm re-working the turret and this time I'm basing it on the Malcador with battlecannon variant (the "Defender" variant IIRC?) and will probably rework the sponsons too.

A quick question, Malcadors can take Heavy Stubbers as sponsons, can they?

Oh and expect pictures of the first Servitor Heavy Weapon Team finshed tomorrow. Just the base to finish :).

Deamon-forge
30-12-2007, 17:21
A quick question, Malcadors can take Heavy Stubbers as sponsons, can they? .

yea they can take stubbers.

Mr Feral
30-12-2007, 17:29
yea they can take stubbers.

Oh good, I'll save the Heavy Stubbers from the Tank Upgrade sprues for later than. Thanks.

donuter
30-12-2007, 22:17
i smell a volscani strike force

Mr Feral
31-12-2007, 11:19
@ donuter - Volscani Strike Force? Do you mean the Vraksian Strike Force instead? I'm way off Apocalypse level games ATM.

Progress has been made, I've pretty much finished construction on the Leman Russ, and the converted Tank Commander in the hatch. That and I finished the Servitor HW Team. Pictures later, then I start on the second Renegade Mlitia Platoon...

james4191
31-12-2007, 13:20
Oooh, a Malcador/Russ;) That should be good, keep it up Mr Feral!

Mr Feral
31-12-2007, 14:49
I have (terrible quality) pictures of the Leman Russ. I decided against making any drastic modifications since it looked really nice whilst I was building it, but I converted a Renegade Tank Commander to make up for any disappointments.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/LemanRussWIP.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/LemanRussWIP1.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/LemanRussWIP2.jpg

The tank commander has a cut-down Cadian helmet with GS wires on his back, a bionic eye in-built into his helmet and re-worked sleeves. Just imagine it looks good until I paint him and get better pictures.

Also the battery on my camera went when I was trying to photograph the Servitor HW team... :rolleyes:

I'm going to start on the next Renegade Militia Platoon since I got some good ideas from this Blood Pact (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116112) log, that and I've ran out of paint.

cyprus01
31-12-2007, 15:50
i think the photo is great it is not the best quality but has a renagade feel about it.

Mr Feral
31-12-2007, 17:20
I've started working on the second Renegade Militia Platoon. To distinguish them from my first Platoon (which are more Traitor Guard than Renegade Militia), I've done extensive work on them, includng cutting down helmets, the removal of shoulderpads and detailing on the fatigues and converting their Lasguns into Autoguns :eyebrows:. Now to mention it, I've still got to GS their sleeves a bit. Fluff-wise these are the soldiers that have been doctrined in after the initial rebellion of the Traitor Guard, and as such have a more basic look and weaponry.

WIP pictures tomorrow if the camera batteries charge properly.

Happy New year everyone!

Deamon-forge
31-12-2007, 17:23
Oh new pthe russ looks good mate. cant wait to see more troops,

happy new year to mate

TheNZer
31-12-2007, 23:40
I take my hat off to you Mr Feral that Chimera is just plain cool.

The Banner is looking pretty good to and i'd really like to see some more pic's of that Russ.

Mr Feral
01-01-2008, 17:05
@ Deamon-forge - Thanks, and you shall see more infantry. BTW I was ringing in the new year playing co-operative Halo 3 on legendary mode ;) Much fun was had.

@ TheNZer - Thanks, the Chimera was a labour of love (if one could say that about a minature tank...). I'll continue with the banner after the Renegade Militia Platoon I'm doing now.

Speaking of which, here is a picture of the Renegade Militia so far (they're rather time consuming to do so that's why there's only five ATM)

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Renegade%20Militia/RenegadeMilitiaWIP.jpg

Damn the poor lighting :rolleyes:, but I think you'll get the idea of where I'm going with this. They need a minor amount of GS work and then they're ready for painting :D.

Comments, criticism and the such welcome as always.

Deamon-forge
01-01-2008, 17:08
They look good, what you done to there helmits they look good! very old looking to me and well a little evil as they dont match any of the imperiums (sp).

Mr Feral
01-01-2008, 17:14
They look good, what you done to there helmits they look good! very old looking to me and well a little evil as they dont match any of the imperiums (sp).

The helmets have been cut and filed down, along with the removal of shoulder pads makes these guys less bulky looking.

Pathfinder177
01-01-2008, 17:40
i really like the look of the Chimera, got that renegades look jsut spot on with their old worn out ill maintained equipment, just found this log and i am very impressed with feel of the army and wish i could do half as good a job.

Mr Feral
01-01-2008, 21:00
@ Pathfinder177 - Thanks, I tried to make the battle-damage and ill-mantained equipment a strong theme of this project, and it seems to have paid of so far. I don't know if I'm that good, although my painting and GS skills seem to have improved over the last six months ;) My advice, practise plenty and don't be afraid to borrow other people's ideas.

A small amount of progress has been made on the Renegade Militia, in that I've finished the GS work (extended sleeves and the odd shoulder plate thrown in for good measure) and painting shall commence tomorrow. If you're lucky, I might be able to get some decent WIP photos up :D

Death Korp
01-01-2008, 21:12
Heheh...everyone ahs trouble with the dreaded camera unless if they are rich....

This army has been a fuel of insparation to me, so much in fact that i have started an army, and have some models coming to me as we speak :) Thank you for making a larger whole in my wallet :D

DK

Mr Feral
02-01-2008, 11:34
@ Death Korp - I am going to remain proud that I'm making you poorer out of inspiration. I'll feel the same when Codex: Daemons comes out and the ideas I have for that army...

Pictures updates everyone!

The first batch of Renegade Militia are ready to commence undercoating:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Renegade%20Militia/RenegadeMilitiapre-undercoatstage.jpg
If I may point out the sleeves, some of the best GS work I've ever done.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Renegade%20Militia/RenegadeMilitiaAutocannonteam.jpg
Starting on the rest of the unit, and yes that's an Autocannon. See the weapon theme yet?

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/LemanRussWIPagain.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/LemanRussWIPagain1.jpg
Some better pictures of the Leman Russ as requested by TheNZer.

Mr Feral
02-01-2008, 11:36
I also managed to get a picture of the Servitors completed as well:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Servitorsfinished.jpg

Comments, criticisms, suggestions and cookies appreciated.

Deamon-forge
02-01-2008, 11:38
Its looking good there Mr Feral! good work

Mr Feral
02-01-2008, 17:01
Well I've painted the first Renegade Milita, and it's looking good (easy and quick to paint too) I'll probably speed through the rest tonight and get pictures up tomorrow afternoon (damn college starting again :()

This is the current 1000 point list I'm aiming to complete soon:

Company Command Platoon
-Exalted Champion w/ Laspistol & Power weapon
w/ Trademark Item
-3 Renegades w/ Laspistols & Close Combat Weapons
-Veteran also w/ Chaos Banner
-Rogue Psyker

Renegade Militia Platoon
Militia Command Squad
-Militia w/ Lasguns
one w/ Flamer

-Militia w/ Lasguns,
one w/ Grenade Launcher
one team w/ Mortar

Renegade Militia Platoon
Militia Command Squad
-Militia w/ Autoguns,
one team w/ Autocannon

-Militia w/ Autoguns,
one team w/ Autocannon

Renegade Militia Squad
-Militia w/ Autoguns,
one team w/ Autocannon

-Chimera
w/ Extra Armour

Renegade Tank
-Leman Russ
w/ sponson mounted Heavy Bolters

Comments and tactical criticisms on the current list appreciated.

Angel Robertson
02-01-2008, 17:04
Cool looking milita there. Are they using standard imperial guard codex?

AR

Mr Feral
02-01-2008, 17:06
@ Angel Robertson - Thanks, but no I'm using the IA list for Renegades & Heretics.

G.Hawke
02-01-2008, 17:08
Nice work feral, i see like me you've stolen Col.Gravis's idea for the helmets, though you've not chainmailed like me, still cool stuff,

Lookin quite a bit like blood pact, which i can't help but admire,

hawke

Mr Feral
02-01-2008, 18:03
@ G.Hawke - When I finish the first batch and get pictures up, ypu'll certainly see that they're not Blood Pact. (although everyone loves the Blood Pact) They fit very well with my original Traitor Guardsmen but look much simpler and more "renegade".

Colonel Haizelhoff
02-01-2008, 18:48
I just found the thread and thought I'd quickly look at the first page, but pictures were so great that I had to look the whole seven pages and this took me the whole afternoon. They are great and you're posing skills are great with the veterans. You have a new fan ;)

Mr Feral
02-01-2008, 18:56
@ Colonel Colonel Haizelhoff - Yeah, a fan! I've never had a fan before. *wipes away tear of joy*

One painted Renegade Militiaman (excuse the dodgy lighting):
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Renegade%20Militia/RenegadeMilitiapainted.jpg

I'll finish the rest tonight.
And finally, I've added a link to my Photobucket account, where all this project's pictures are kept in nicely organised folders.
That's enough self-promotion from me :p

Mr Feral
04-01-2008, 20:34
Just a small update so you know I've been working on this project.

So far I have painted the magnificant total of THREE Renegade Militia, I blame college, headaches and Halo 3 for the lack of progress. Although saying that, I'm not far of finishing the tank commander...pictures tomorrow perhaps?

On another subject, I haven't forgotten the Mutants, because I'm awaiting Codex: Daemons until I progress with those. It's hard to say what I'll do this early before it's release, but I have a few ideas...

Pathfinder177
04-01-2008, 20:57
ah halo3 the great time consuming machine lol i blame many a uncompleted project on my xbox360 oh well.:(

models looking good,looking forward to seeing the next batch.

Mr Feral
04-01-2008, 20:59
@Pathfinder177 - Yes, the single-player campaign is so immersive IMO, you can probably guess that the Flood levels are my favourate by looking at my Mutants :)

Getz
04-01-2008, 21:25
Looking good... I shall follow this thread with interest (and nick all your good ideas for my own Renegades :evilgrin:)

benmannen
04-01-2008, 22:29
Beautiful stuff. I love the Chimera, dont change it, just make another one!

I am actually working on a Renegades and Heretics army as well. I started a Death Korps of Krieg army but didnt like the lack of conversion opportunities and sold it all.

This inspires me to maybe make my own blog about it. Cant wait to see what Sentinel conversions you would come up with :)

My list is a bit different with a Medusa Siege gun, a Sentinel, 3 Berzerkers and the rest infantry... How did the Psyker work out for you? Also why not give your Exalted a Plasma Pistol... It's always nice with an extra high strength shot before you assault :)

Mr Feral
05-01-2008, 12:00
@ Getz - Just don't be too surprised if I steal some of your ideas...:p

@ benmannen - I believe the Chimera was a one-off, although Sentinels are a great idea! Oh the ways one could convert Sentinels.....:D. A blog? I must see this! Oh and for my Exalted Champion, he's nearly finished so I won't be changing his weaponry about.

Pictures as I promised yesterday:

Renegade Militia
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Renegade%20Militia/RenegadeMilitia.jpg

Leman Russ Tank Commander
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/TankCommander.jpg

Comments and stuff are good.

Colonel Haizelhoff
05-01-2008, 12:40
Like the new pics, but going back to that armylist of yours, I think you should take more mortars because they really need to be used in big numbers or not at all, but maybe into the 2000 pts. army?

p.s. the pics are REALLY nice. I wouldnt have the guts to take off cadian shoulderpads from a whole platoon of guardsmen.

Angel Robertson
05-01-2008, 12:42
Shoulder pads, i knew something was different!!

AR

Getz
05-01-2008, 12:48
@ Getz - Just don't be too surprised if I steal some of your ideas...:p

That assumes that any of my ideas are worth stealing.

I'm liking the new renegade squad. Loosing the shoulderpads does make them look quite a bit different.

Luke
05-01-2008, 13:00
Know something, I didn't notice the absence of shoulder pads because they were so well removed! Good job matey!

Mr Feral
05-01-2008, 13:17
@ Colonel Haizelhoff - Well I do have enough parts for another three Mortars from the Battleforce set, so the next batch of models purchased will have some Mortars spread around somewhere.

@ Angel Robertson & Luke - Thanks, they'e not perfect but the lack of shoulder pads really do change the aesthetics of the Cadian plastics.

@ Getz - If you do see anything vaguely familiar then you'll know...

I think I'll start on my second Servitor team for a bit of a change next.

Easy E
05-01-2008, 13:59
Not just taking the time to remove the shoulder pads, but he filed down the helmets chopped off the tip of the lasgun. That's dedication to every trooper.

Nice.

Mr Feral
05-01-2008, 14:09
@ Easy E - Don't forget the sight modification on the Autoguns! Yeah it takes a while to do each one but it's worth it.

cyprus01
05-01-2008, 14:18
cocould you please tell us how you did the auto guns they look really good (understatement of the year)

Mr Feral
05-01-2008, 15:13
@ cyprus01 - Basically the Autogun conversion involves:

-removing the bayonet
-moving the gun sight to the front of the gun
-clipping and shortening the gun nozzle
-cut off the inner part of the clip.

I think that's about it. I might put some WIP pictures up if I can remember to.

cyprus01
05-01-2008, 15:33
thank you very much mr.feral

Mr Feral
05-01-2008, 22:21
My current painting is on the Leman Russ, and the turret is pretty much complete (I might neaten the symbol up a bit more though):

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/LemnaRussturret.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/LemnaRussturret1.jpg

Hmm, a big gun :D:wtf:

Comments, criticisms and stuff appreciated.

Deamon-forge
05-01-2008, 23:30
Looking very nice there well done. cant wait to see it all painted.
with the chaos markings/symbol are they free hand or you using a template???

Colonel Haizelhoff
06-01-2008, 08:17
The battle damage and all looks good. I like it. Might have just used some parts from the chaos predator box on my Leman Russ.

Mr Feral
06-01-2008, 10:38
@ Daemon-forge - It's all free hand.

@ Colonel Haizelhoff - Thanks.

The rest should be finished either today or tomorrow.

Mr Feral
06-01-2008, 16:22
I've made a few decisions based on the future of this project, and I also have a request.

Firstly, since in IA6 Renegades are getting Marks of Chaos, I'm adding to my curent Mutants to create a fully-fledged Renegade Milita Platoon, all with Laspistols and CCWs. That's a lot of attacks :D.

Secondly, my Servitors are now going to be part of a Dark Mech themed unit *evil laugh*, wherein lies my request. My research into the Dark Mechanius has been futile, so if anyone can point me in the direction of threads, fluff, artwork, pictures and conversion ideas then that'll be great.

My third idea however is a secret, as I'm still hammering in the details...not literally of course.

Picture updates soon.

Colonel Haizelhoff
06-01-2008, 16:33
For the mech I'd combine the IG enginseer and the new SM techmarine. The bionic arms on the back of the SM one could easily be made chaotic and the hood of the enginseer is cool. Probably would use the enginseer axe.

just my thoughts

TheBigBadWolf
06-01-2008, 18:43
Amazing work, will you be doing a couple of aspiring champion chaos marines incase you want to use the LaTD army list, or are you sticking to using the IG codex

Mr Feral
06-01-2008, 18:49
@ TheBigBadWolf - I don't use the IG Codex, I use the Renegades & Heretics list in IA5 :). I'm waiting to see how the list is expanded in IA6, but using these as LatD is still a viable option, what with the Mutants and all. As for your suggestion, perhaps in the future I'll do some CSM, a small warband would be nice...

MAD MAN-A-TRON
07-01-2008, 06:12
Ooh, these are awesome, the more cool renegade armies I see the more I want an army of them.

donuter
07-01-2008, 17:22
how do you get the time to paint all this, i try to paint and spend 1 day on a model or do 6 and get bord in about 5 mins

Colonel Haizelhoff
07-01-2008, 17:36
I thought the LatD were an "illegal list" after the new chaos space marine codex:confused:

Mr Feral
07-01-2008, 18:01
@ MAD MAN-A-TRON - Thanks, there does seem to be an increase in Renegade logs recently, which can only be a good thing IMO.

@ donuter - I suppose the Xmas holiday and lots of enthusiasm was how I got a lot done. It seems to have slowed down a bit now, but I've done a bit.

@ Colonel Haizelhoff - Well yes....but with a few agreements with an opponent, I'm sure they won't mind. I don't powergame anyway, not my thing.

Umm yeah, updates...
I've done a bit of work on the Leman Russ and some Servitors, oh and a Mutant. That's going to be special. I'm waiting for IA6 before I do anything drastic, although I've been comtemplating the Chaos Spawn models for an idea I had...

The inspiration (http://www.dignews.com/admin/screenshoot/far_cry_inst_100.jpg)
Anyone who's played Far Cry Instincts will understand

Just an idea though. Rules-wise? Counts-as Berzerker Ogryns perhaps? I have so much to do..

cyprus01
07-01-2008, 18:10
renegade ogryns with a mark of nurgle.

Mr Feral
07-01-2008, 18:13
@ cyprus01 - I'm just hoping Forge World delivers with IA6. Even if they just allowed the option for Marked units, and maybe some allies, then I would be happy. A mass of Nurgle-marked Renegades...hmmm tasty.

Mr Feral
08-01-2008, 10:38
A few updates:

PIP on the Leman Russ, gone for the streaky red effect here:
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/LemanRussPIP1.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/LemanRussPIP.jpg

And finally the Servitors I've been working on. The autoguns were converted from the Lasguns on the Tank Accessories sprues:
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/ServitorswithAutogunsPIP.jpg

I'm still looking for modelling ideas for a Dark Mech character so you know.
(I swear there was a John Blanche piece with one, can't remember where though :confused:)
Comments welcomed and appreciated.

Luke
08-01-2008, 11:30
that russ is frikking cool man. I think you should paint part of a massive star of chaos on the hull. In white, faded, but not all of the star, just like part of it, too big for the tank so to speak.

Or just like loads of chaos runes but they should be in faded white

Colonel Haizelhoff
08-01-2008, 13:59
I agree with Luke some faded white chaos markings would look nice.

Mr Feral
08-01-2008, 17:49
@ Luke & Colonel Haizelhoff - I will eventually, I'll have a look in my copy of IA5 for some ideas first.

Deamon-forge
08-01-2008, 19:33
There look good, How are you doing the red paint job?

Mr Feral
08-01-2008, 19:38
@ Deamon-forge - Mechrite Red. That as a basecoat, a heavy black/brown wash and lots of little highlights again with Mechrite Red to get the streaky effect on the tanks. For the infantry it's says in the first post IIRC.

G.Hawke
08-01-2008, 22:37
nice work feral, you make me want to get back to painting on my blood pact, that or get a camera which works....

anyways, good progress, nice alterate chimeria,

hawke

le Mediko
08-01-2008, 23:00
Nice work on your mutants!
The chimera looks very good for such heretics, but you coud maybe add some details on the rear like a pistol port and exhaust pipes looking like the ones of the old Rhino...

dr.oetk3r
09-01-2008, 00:35
Nice paint job on the tank.

Mr Feral
09-01-2008, 09:00
@ G.Hawke - Yes, get back to your Blood Pact because I liked them anyway.

@ le Mediko - Thanks. I'm currently going back to the older ones and adding more GS work to really distort their basic shape and make them more believable than the ones that GW came up with :rolleyes:. On the Chimera, that's a good suggestion so I'll see what I have avaliable and see what I can do with that.

@ dr.oetk3r - Thanks!

Picture time!
The chaos star on the side, nearly completed:
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Vehicles/LemanRussPIP2.jpg

The current status of the rest of the first Renegade Militia squad:
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Renegade%20Militia/RenegadeMilitiaWIP1.jpg

You probably will also see the work I'm doing on the Mutants fairly soon as well.

Angel Robertson
09-01-2008, 12:47
HOw did you get that red? It looks awsome as does your weathering!

AR

Colonel Haizelhoff
09-01-2008, 14:30
You just can't love the chipped off armor effect on the Leman Russ.

Mr Feral
09-01-2008, 16:37
@ Angel Robertson - I answered this earlier in the thread :p but it basically consists of a Mechrite Red basecoat, then various layers of heavy black washes and Mechrite Red highlighting, then weathering and details. Simple but time-consuming. Weathering is basically Chainmail stippled over Chaos Black.

@ Colonel Haizelhoff - Thank you!

Nothing has been done since my last post (college and that :rolleyes:) but I'm going to have things to show you, probably on Friday. Oh and you'll see where I'm starting to go with the Mutants, for I have a plan...

Oh and before I foget, if anyone wants some good modelling ideas for Mutants, check this (http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/artbook.html) out. It certainly helped me out.

donuter
09-01-2008, 19:12
other than muties, why don't you add any storm troopers or ogryns

what do you have in mind for later

Mr Feral
09-01-2008, 19:21
@ donuter - There's no Stormtroopers in the list and the models don't really grab my attention, so that's a no for the moment. Ogryns on the other hand...I've got some ideas for some count-as ones *insert suspensful music here*

donuter
09-01-2008, 19:24
Doo Doo doo doo Doo Doo Doo doo DUMMMMMM!!!!!
sorry i was board.

your not still making big daddy ogryns are you, i love those

(maybe look at mongoose starship troopers for basis, the grizily and couger suits.)

Mr Feral
09-01-2008, 19:41
@ donuter - Big Daddy- styled Ogryns are not on the list ATM, but I've added them to the "awesome ideas that are likely to be done at some point" list in my mind.

My army has deliberately been arranged in fluffy "factions" (for lack of a better word), so I've got:

-Traitor Guard, involved in the original rebellion / treachery and forms a substancial part of the army. In the future I'll probably end up doing a Disciples squad of these guys and make 'em look really vicious.

- Renegade Militia, indoctrinated in more recently so less corrupted, but have access to a limited amount of locally produced armour (yes I mean tanks here :))

- Mutants, I'm still working on the fluff (they're definetely Nurglesue) on these but expect more updates on these in the future, I've got some big guys coming up soon hopefully (think Chaos Spawn), and the existing models will be bumped up to platoon size (you wait until you see the conversion for the Mutant leader I'm working on :p). The Flood of the Halo series is the main inspration here.

- And some other stuff, still working on the fluff but there are Servitors involved...and this is where the Big-Daddy lookalikes will probably end up. *cough* Dark Mech *cough* Forge World stuff *cough*

Incidently, that list excluding the TG is the priority list for the army as well. I just love the variety of this project.

Captin Korea!
09-01-2008, 21:56
Very good stuff you got there! what I meant to say a post ago was what you you making your Ogryns out of? That tank is fantastic! I love the battle scars on it.:cool:

(so far my traitors have a IW hellhound, 60+ MutantsW.i.p., 2 las cannons, a "command squad" a enforcer or two(Im using a SL officer:evilgrin:)

Mr Feral
10-01-2008, 07:25
@ Captin Korea! - Thanks, the first Ogryns will be heavy converted from the Chaos Spawn set.

OnnO
10-01-2008, 07:33
Less talk, more pictures!
:p
Just kidding.

I love the Russ, nice job on the wheathering.
My only point of criticque would be the tops of the sponsons, they look more streaky than wheathered.
This might be remidied by adding some of the metal streaks to it as on the rest of the tank.
EDIT:
Scratch that; I noticed it's just one of the pictures in which it seems that way.
So with the only point of criticque erased this tank has to be named perfect :D

All in all: awesome and show us more :)

Angel Robertson
10-01-2008, 07:57
What is the time consuming part of the red? Sounds alright! LoL

I see your in southampton as well, im in the arm pit of hampshire, basingstoke!

AR

Mr Feral
10-01-2008, 12:38
@ OnnO - I was going to start some spray painting but it started raining...I'll try later on. As for your comment, I'll add some more weathering to the top of the sponson. I wouldn't say it's perfect, but it looks damn nice :D

@ Angel Robertson - The most time-consuming part is the streaky highlights probably. It's getting the balance between the strong colour and watering it down to get consistancy which is the hard part.

Well the next five Renegade Militia are ready to be primed, as well as a particular conversion I've been working on too...

*EDIT* I forgot to add that I'll probably do some CSM soon as well. Which faction? Red Corsairs of course!

Angel Robertson
10-01-2008, 13:02
So you are giving it a coat of mechrite red, various black washes and then picking out areas for streaky highlights or just doing it all in a streaky highlighted way? Im being dense i know!

AR

Mr Feral
10-01-2008, 13:06
@ Angel Robertson - Well the black wash does the shading (obviosly) and the streaky highlights bring back the main colour as well as add texture to the tank.

Colonel Haizelhoff
10-01-2008, 14:00
I bet Red Corsairs look nice with your black-red traitors. BTW I did my own red corsairs army before the new codex from a WD article, I don't know if you remeber it, but the ones in codex CSM are way cooler.

Mr Feral
10-01-2008, 14:23
@ Colonel Haizelhoff - Yes I recall the WD with the Renegade Space Marines articles (it was WD303 IIRC? Had Frodo on the front) Huron Blackheart is just too cool not to paint.

*EDIT* I might and try doing a paint scheme for the Red Corsairs like this (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/d/d7/Huron_Blackheart.jpg), limiting the amount of gold used and add some purple and checkered patterns in as well. Mind you, I could use bronze instead of gold, not a big fan of gold.

donuter
11-01-2008, 00:12
i love your army, but traitors are a bit half handed. add a leigon instead (hint:wordbearers)

Easy E
11-01-2008, 10:24
Traitors are the best thing to happen to Chaos since the Heresy. Half handed in deed. Real followers of the chaos gods put their faith in the gods instead of power armor. ;)

james4191
11-01-2008, 22:42
Wow Mr feral, things are coming along nicely. I haven't been on Warseer for a bit and missed your Russ, but my God it's stunning!:D

Mr Feral
13-01-2008, 12:15
Well my internet connection decided to just disappear on Thursday...

@ donuter - Word Bearers? Nah, but close, very close...

@ Easy E - It's so true, why GW doesn't take the oppotunity to expand the fluff is beyond me. At least they added in Renegade Space Marines :)

@ james4191 - The LR is coming along nicely, not much left to do.

Well, I don't have any pictures ATM, but I'll show you what I've been doing in the last several days later on. So stay tuned folks.

Mr Feral
13-01-2008, 13:13
WIP Pictures:

A Mutant I've been working on:
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Adversaries/AwesomeMutantPIP.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Adversaries/AwesomeMutantPIP1.jpg

My Champion for the Mutant platoon (count-as Renegade Militia, will be Nurgle-marked when IA6 is released), and yes he is throttling a poor Imperial soldier:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Adversaries/MutantBossPIP.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Adversaries/MutantBossPIP1.jpg

More pictures coming...

*EDIT* This project thread has hit 200 posts! Yeah!

Mr Feral
13-01-2008, 13:25
More WIP pictures:
I've nearly finished the first squad of Renegade Militia:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Renegade%20Militia/RenegadeMlitiaPIPnearlydone.jpg

And this was what was stopping me from finishing the Renegade Militia:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Red%20Corsairs/Huron%20Blackheart/HuronBlackheart.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Red%20Corsairs/Huron%20Blackheart/HuronBlackheart1.jpg

That's right, Huron Blackheart dear viewers, and to answer donuter's requests this probably won't be the last Red Corsair I'll paint up...
Note the modfied colour scheme, inspired by the BL book "Into The Maelstorm" (http://wh40k.lexicanum.de/mediawiki/images/4/47/Wayne_england_huron_blackheart.jpg) depicition of Blackheart. Even the Hamadrya is going to be purple, and I've yet to do the face which will also have the purple face tattoos. That checkered pattern on the shoulder pad was a pain to do, but it was third time lucky.

Comments and cookies appreciated, and perhaps a sacrifice in my name would be good as well:p

cyprus01
13-01-2008, 14:43
that is really really good!

Colonel Haizelhoff
13-01-2008, 14:47
I like the mutant leader with the doomed imperial soldier (evil laughter) and the heavy weapon team in the militia unit is really nice. The breaking of 200 posts on this thread really tells of how nice your army looks like.

Mr Feral
13-01-2008, 14:51
@ cyprus01 - Thanks very much, but what do you mean by "that"? I'll just assume it's everything then :) I'm most pleased with Huron ATM and it's a great (if tricky) model to paint.

@ Colonel Haizelhoff - Thanks, I got the idea of the Mutant from Halo 3 (several times through the game there's a Brute holding up an unfortunate Marine before killing him). The face on the Autocannon "pointing dude" isn't perfect, but it looks OK in the photos. I'm glad that my army pleases the eye.

cyprus01
13-01-2008, 14:56
the militia unit and the mutants and Huron blackheart i was referring to all of them sounded way better in my head

Mr Feral
13-01-2008, 14:57
the militia unit and the mutants and Huron blackheart i was referring to all of them sounded way better in my head

I though as much :)

Captin Korea!
13-01-2008, 18:44
Very cool looking commander!

Mr Feral
13-01-2008, 18:48
@ Captin Korea! - The Mutant dude? Thanks for the compliment.

I've got a bit of progress done earlier, painted Huron's face and I reckon I'll have him finished and photo'd by tomorrow afternoon (damn real life commitments like college :rolleyes:)

Must not forget to paint the Hamadryas either...

le Mediko
13-01-2008, 22:52
I just notice your squad with modified helmets, I've done the same conversion on my cadets! A good and easy way to change the original figs!
Please post about the Chimera as soon as you finish it!

Satan
14-01-2008, 07:59
That checkers pattern looks really great. I think you should be proud of that. Looks really great along with red on chaos. Too bad mine are deathguard, otherwise I would've stolen it. :)

Deamon-forge
14-01-2008, 08:02
Its looking good there. i really like the paint work on blackheart! great one

Mr Feral
14-01-2008, 16:52
@ le mediko - Yes, the Renegade Militia have had extensive work on them, and filing down the shoulder pads was included. Yeah, the Chmera is on the back-burner at the moments as I have stuff still unassembled!

@ Satan - Thanks, I am pleased with the checkered pattern. Here's alittle tip, after the painting add a light brown wash and rehighlight the white squares. That's how I got the dirty look :p

@ Deamon-forge - Thank you, it proves GW can make decent character models with decent fluff occasionally.

Small update, Huron has been painted, and damn does it look good :D. With the basing still to be done, I'd expect pictures tommorow morning. I'll even finish my Renegade Militia squad while I'm at it, and perhaps my Leman Russ as well.

And to conclude my 300th post on Warseer, thanks for reading!

Captin Korea!
14-01-2008, 20:46
I found a good idea you could use for the ogers:
http://us.games-workshop.com/download/popup.htm?/games/40k/painting/gt06/images/robison/chud.jpg

Mr Feral
15-01-2008, 09:45
@ Captin Korea! - Ah yes thanks for that, I think I've seen these before but the link is handy.

Some pictures of painted stuff, I'll take better ones when the weather clears up (bloody rain)

The first Renegade Militia squad complete:
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Renegade%20Militia/RenegadeMilitiasqaud.jpg

Huron Blackheart (finished for now):
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Red%20Corsairs/HuronBlackheart.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Red%20Corsairs/HuronBlackheart1.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Red%20Corsairs/HuronBlackheart2.jpg

Still to do:
-Another 15 Renegade Militia to put together.
-Build / GS / paint current Mutants.
-Convert the old Company Command Sqaud and old Disciples-to-be into Mutants (I'll keep the Chaos banner and Exalted Champion's arms and head for the newer CCS).
-Finish Leman Russ (nearly done, just a few more highlights..).
-Repaint Traitor Guard flesh to sbring it up to my standard now plus tidying up job.
-Modify the Chimera back panel to make it look more steampunk / archaic.
-Servitors, but I don't know what to do with them ATM. Currently I have a pair manning a Lascannon and two with Autoguns, but I'm stumped on what to do for the unit leader. I was think some sort of human Dark Mech / genetic manipulator / mad scientist type but have no idea on how to model it. Suggestions / inspiration anyone? Perhaps the source behind the Mutants *strokes chin*...

The wishlist
-Traitor Guard Disciples sqaud
-Traitor Guard CCS
-Berzerker Ogryns converted from Ogre Bulls / Ironguts / Chaos Spawn
-Some Red Corsair units like the Chaos Lord kit, Possessed, CSM, that Havoc with the Autocannon (I just like the look of the weapon!) and perhaps some Chaos Spawn and Horrors of Tzeentch for awesome value.
-actually learn the rules properly and get some games in!

Still lots to do, the fight for sanity goes on.
Comments and things appreciated.

Captin Korea!
15-01-2008, 13:16
For the servior maybe give it a "blessing" of nurgle? a tentacle here, a random mouth there, ect. Im realy liking your paint jobs, those autocannons, and that Huron Blackheart fella!

As for games, hope to god you roll high on your leadership for the Renegade rule. (I almost always roll a 1-2:( ) I usaly use csm allies B/C im lacking the biger tanks, and I swamp my enimes with worker rabble hords with a flamer or two and a enforcer to make them stay fighting!

-Captin Korea!

sheep
15-01-2008, 13:43
I really like you traitors mate, they have a very abused and battle worn apperance that really suits them, well done, keep it up.

Cheers

Sheep

Colonel Haizelhoff
15-01-2008, 16:59
Like the look of the models, just keep going and have you thought of the new FW death korps of krieg quarter master.

MrInsomniac
15-01-2008, 17:02
Really liking Blackheart. How did you do the conversion with his hand?

Mr Feral
15-01-2008, 17:14
@ Captin Korea! - Well the Servitors are already in the PIP satge so I'm going to leave them alone, however I am stumped as to what to do for the leader dude. I don't now ATM, I'll have to think about it later, some Nurglesque human Fabius-Bile type I am thinking of so far. As for gaming, my plan is to intimidate my opponent with lots of troops and stuff :p

@ sheep - Thanks for the compliment, I'll keep going!

@ Colonel Haizelhoff - Thanks, yes the pose on the DK Quartermaster is great. I'll consider into my vague ideas.

@ MrInsomniac - The Tyrant's Claw was cut off and rotated around a bit. I wasn't into the whole "LOOK AT MA HAND!" pose :wtf:, plus with the power weapon he looks like he's swinging through with an attack.

cyprus01
15-01-2008, 17:24
wow! those are so good. i think the Huron pose is good its like look at ma axe see it *bang* didn't see the gun in my hand did ya!

Mr Feral
15-01-2008, 18:58
@ cyprus01 - Huron = win. Enough said, because he has a Heavy Flamer IN HIS HAND.

I have an idea, well a vague idea then.
For the record, I don't know what to do with the Servitors but I'll think of something.

Anyway, the mad scientist type will be represented by an fallen IG officer seduced by the awesomeness that is Nurgle and is linked fluff-wise to the Mutants. That's about as far as I got. I've got a tank commander head and the Cadian torso / legs / arms needed and a rough idea of pose. That would be holdng something up in his hand, a potion perhaps? Maybe a severed tentacle? Stat-wise I don't know ATM.

Ideas appreciated, and if I can cobble a decent enough idea together, then I'll start the model tonight.

Captin Korea!
15-01-2008, 19:13
Maybe a skull or head in his hand like this fella : http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/darkeldar/catalog/urien.htm and a needle like object in the other. Or you could do a nurgle techpriest with a tentacal, and a powerclaw of somesort.

Mr Feral
16-01-2008, 09:16
@ Captin Korea! - Thanks for the ideas.

Well I thought about it, and then decided on a better idea. Since I had 16 Cadian torsos / legs left I decided to split that into the Militia Command Squad, the Command Company Squad and a small tooled-up unit of Disciples of Xaphan.

So here's an updated 1000 point list;

Company Command Platoon
Exalted Champion
-w/ Plasma pistol & Power weapon
-w/ Trademark Item
4 Veterans
-w/ Laspistols & Close Combat Weapons
-one w/ Chaos Banner
Rogue Psyker
-w/ additional psychic power

Disciples of Xaphan
Militia Command Squad
Champion
-w/ Laspistol & Close Combat Weapon
Disciples
-w/ Lasguns
-three w/ Plasma guns

Renegade Militia Platoon
Militia Command Squad
Champion
-w/ Laspistol & Power weapon
Militia
-w/ Lasguns
-one w/ Flamer

2 Renegade Militia Squads
Veteran
Militia
-w/ Lasguns,
-one w/ Grenade Launcher
-one team w/ Mortar

Renegade Militia Platoon
Militia Command Squad
Champion
Militia
-w/ Autoguns,
-one w/ Grenade Launcher
-one team w/ Heavy Stubber

Renegade Militia Squad
Veteran
Militia
-w/ Autoguns,
-one team w/ Autocannon

Renegade Militia Squad
Veteran
Militia
-w/ Lasguns,
-one w/ Grenade Launcher
-one team w/ Mortar

Renegade Militia Squad
Militia
-w/ Lasguns,
-one w/ Grenade Launcher
-one team w/ Missile Launcher

Chimera
-w/ Turret mounted Twin-linked Heavy Bolter
-w/ hull mounted Heavy Bolter
-w/ Extra Armour

Renegade Tank
Leman Russ
-w/ Hull mounted Heavy Bolter
-w/ Sponson mounted Heavy Bolters

The Champion for the Renegade Militia I've been working on:
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Renegade%20Militia/RenegadeMilitiaChampionWIP.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Renegade%20Militia/RenegadeMilitiaChampionWIP1.jpg

More photos to come...

Mr Feral
16-01-2008, 09:19
And if you missed him lurking in the back of the last pictures, here's my updated (PIP) Exalted Champion for the Comapany Command Sqaud:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Traitor%20Guard/ExaltedChampionPIP.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Traitor%20Guard/ExaltedChampionPIP1.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Traitor%20Guard/ExaltedChampionPIP2.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Traitor%20Guard/ExaltedChampionPIP3.jpg

Not finished yet but nearly done.
Thanks for reading, there's plenty more to come in the future.

Colonel Haizelhoff
16-01-2008, 11:40
I see you've found the right place for the tank commander head. As for a mad scientist, think of putting a mutant lying on the base and the scientist kneeling over him doing some dark procedure. I also like the head of the exalted champion.

dijit80
16-01-2008, 11:44
I have to say I love the helmets on your miltia. A really simple conversion that changes the appearance of the guardsmen considerably, really nice work. Looking forwards to seeing more. i like your list too, though I reckon you're maybe a bit light on the AT department. Keep up the good work!

Colonel Haizelhoff
16-01-2008, 11:49
For the disciples maybe you should try having 3 plasma guns instead of grenade launchers. If you don't have any plasma gun models you can make some black market ones like the one on this PIP model I have

Mr Feral
16-01-2008, 12:08
@ Colonel Haizelhoff - Thanks for the suggestions, I've just gone and dug out a load of Plasma pistols, so I'll work on some Flamer / PP hybrid later on. On the mad scientist dude, I've got some kneeling legs so I'll start work on the Disciples later and incorporate your idea in somewhere. I've also got the backpacks from the HW sprues to use on the Disciples to make 'em look well-equiped. Yeah I like your makeshift Plasma gun wth all it's wiring.

@ dijit80 - Thanks! yes the current list lacks a bit of AT firepower, but it's going to be made up by 3 Plasma guns in my Discples squad :D.

Getz
16-01-2008, 13:47
I don't know if this is any help, but here (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/Getz/Blood%20Pact/DSCN0620.jpg) is my "Black Market" Plasma gun. It's made out of a Lasgun and a Chaos Plasma Pistol...

I can sort out a better picture and a how-to if you want...

Mr Feral
16-01-2008, 16:48
@ Getz - That's a cool conversion. I managed to try out my idea on how I wanted to do it before I went out, and it turned out pretty similar to what you've done. I took the Cadian Flamer, cut the wire to the backpack and the noozle off, cut down a SM PP (I found thirteen of these in a box somehow :wtf:) and glued 'em together.

Perhaps some pictures tomorrow.

Mr Feral
17-01-2008, 13:01
The Disciples of Xaphan I've been working on, including the first plasma gun conversion:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Traitor%20Guard/DisciplesofXaphanPIP.jpg

I've got another four Disciples to do still.
Comments are nice.

Captin Korea!
17-01-2008, 14:34
Realy diggin those Disciples!

Mr Feral
17-01-2008, 14:44
@ Captin Korea! - Thanks, it's the HW packs and grenades that make them look hard.

cyprus01
17-01-2008, 15:23
your right they really look hard is it me or do they look taller and broader?

Colonel Haizelhoff
17-01-2008, 15:25
Cyprus they still have shoulderpads and cadian helmets which is geniotic BTW. Looks nice.

Mr Feral
17-01-2008, 15:43
@ cyprus01 - It's probably the camera angle but as Colonel Haizehoff has said, their just standard Cadian parts (plus HW backpacks, some grenades from the sprue and clipper-nduced battle damage)

cyprus01
17-01-2008, 15:47
ok thanks but as i said before they look really good

Colonel Haizelhoff
17-01-2008, 17:05
What I mean is that the shoulder pads give them broader shoulders

cyprus01
17-01-2008, 17:24
oh i just didn't really understand that bit

Mr Feral
18-01-2008, 11:31
Slow progress has been made, the first Disciple has been painted (still needs the base to be done):

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Traitor%20Guard/DiscipleofXaphanpainted.jpg

The flesh isn't the best but I'll give it another highlight when I can be bothered.

Colonel Haizelhoff
18-01-2008, 12:40
I like the kneeling position of the plasma gun man

Mr Feral
18-01-2008, 16:32
I like the kneeling position of the plasma gun man

Thanks.

There probably won't be any updates for a couple of days as I have reality to deal with :eek: and won't be around online.

Just so you know.

Captin Korea!
20-01-2008, 03:21
Silly reality always messing with cool progress.

Mr Feral
20-01-2008, 13:35
Luckly for you, I managed to set the PC up downstairs *yah!* Damn redecorations.

So what have I been doing, dear readers?

Mostly painting Disciples (the second one is nearly done), my Exalted Champion (now with Plasma pistol), my RM Champion, Leman Russ (highlights and blacklining in progress) and converting some Mutants (these are being used as a LatD Apocalypse formation).

No pictures ATM folks, but stay tuned and that.

Mr Feral
21-01-2008, 12:18
The Renegade Militia Champion is finished:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Renegade%20Militia/RenegadeMilitiaChampion.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Renegade%20Militia/RenegadeMilitiaChampion1.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Renegade%20Militia/RenegadeMilitiaChampion2.jpg

Note the half-Chaos Star on the back of the armour
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/CaptainMolo/Games%20Workshop/Renegades%20and%20Heretics/Renegade%20Militia/RenegadeMilitiaChampion3.jpg

Simple but effective IMO
Comments?
I've still got his Militia Command Squad to start.

Apologist
21-01-2008, 12:30
What a great-looking army! Really impressed with the strong, cohesive scheme and subtle conversions like the removal of the shoulderpads. Really gives a different feel to the cadian models.

Noticed you're down in the Southampton area Noserenda's putting a gaming place together there, so keep an eye out. My gaming group, the Plastic Crack Rehab Clinic, meets up in Southampton, and it'd be cool to see these guys in person.

If I can be so bold as to make a suggestion for a further simple alteration to the cadian models, trimming the pectoral plates from the torso makes for a great segmented look.

Mr Feral
21-01-2008, 13:31
@ Apologist - Thanks very much, I'm rather proud of the project so far as its improved my painting skills a lot. When I start gaming again (oh it's been a while) I'll try and come down to your club, it'll good to meet some Warseer users IRL and their armies. Do you mean on the pectorial plates to cut them to make them rectangular? (to match the smaller plate below them) I'll try that, a bit of variation is always good.

I figured that to get a good 1000 points to my painting standard now, I need to build 12 more models, finish 2, the Leman Russ and the Chimera, and repaint / retouch the flesh and highlights on the original 45 Traitor Guard.

When that's done, I'll woop and dance around the room for a bit and then commence planning work on my next project, Red Corsairs... (my Huron needs some comrades)

Captin Korea!
21-01-2008, 16:13
use the Red Corsairs as "alpha legion", thats what I do with my IW troops, I like that chaos star thing on that commandars back. I may paint those on my rengades shoulders.

Mr Feral
21-01-2008, 17:07
@ Captin Korea! - I could do, and have considered it. However when I get to the 1000 point mark, I'm taking a break on the Renegades & Heretics to work on a small Red Corsairs army (which will take far less time and funds to do!). You have Renegades? Do you have a log of these, I would like to see these.

Colonel Haizelhoff
21-01-2008, 18:59
I've also trimmed the armoured plate of the cadian torso to make it rectangular on my renegades and I have to agree it looks good. Like the outcome of the tank commander head guy bossy;).