PDA

View Full Version : Challange changes?

Omegakai
09-09-2007, 22:06
some one on the weekend said their were changes between 6th and 7th edition challenges, i couldn't find any ? so is this true?
help would be good,
thanks.

**edit. please read the thread topic before placing rude and ass full replies**.

Nargrakhan
09-09-2007, 23:50
Dude... not to be rude or anything, but did you even bother to check? The topic is on the second page of this part of the forum. I found the original thread, by doing a quick search on the forum, using the keywords: WHFB 7th edition and Rules Changes.

Just to prove I'm not being an ass, I'll put the link:

http://206.251.75.210/forums/showthread.php?t=43813

Omegakai
10-09-2007, 01:20
i went thru that thread. i do no see any changes related to challenges.
that still dosent really answer my question as it could have been over looked.

Nargrakhan
10-09-2007, 02:57
The only change to challenges from 6th to 7th edition that I saw was this (taken from a thread somewhere around here, but I lost the link):

If a character is riding in a chariot, the creatures pulling the chariot will fight in the challenge, but the other members of the chariot's crew (if any) can not attack at all until the challenge is over. Any impact hits from the chariot are worked out against the unit rather than the character. Only if the enemy character was on his own when the chariot charged, are impact hits wored out against him.

Mordante
10-09-2007, 03:33
This brings up a question I was going to ask in a new thread, but lets do it here instead. When a character is on a chariot, and gets into a fight so is in BTB with multiple models, and is in a challenge, can those other models swing at his chariot? Against a regular ridden monster, the monster is in the challenge as well, but it does not say anything about a chariot. It says the monsters get to fight in the challenge and the other crew just sits there until the challenge is over, but nothing addressing this issue.

On a similar note, if that character has a berserker sword, giving him extra attacks for every 2 models in BTB, and is in a challenge, do you still count all the models in BTB with the chariot to determine the # of attacks? I would say yes, because he does not technically get out of the chariot for the challenge. What say you?

Omegakai
10-09-2007, 03:43
In terms of people striking the chariot. no its apart of the challenge. in terms of Berserker sword. you still count as being in BTB with models.
which you can carry over to the challenge.

Nargrakhan
10-09-2007, 03:57
I just did a line by line comparison of the 6th and 7th edition challenge section, and with the exception of that chariot thing - nothing appears to have changed directly (i.e. nothing that carries over from another part of the system changing, that can "bleed over" into challenges).

Is there something specific you're looking for? :confused: