PDA

View Full Version : Neverwinter Nights Help Please

Shuya
29-08-2005, 15:12
Im have a few questions for those whove played or know Neverwinter nights

1. Is going to laskan (chapter 2) at lvl 11 normal or should i be higher.
2. What modules add-ons should i look to downloading to enhance the experiance

And my main one

I Have 2 spells 1 lvl 5 1 lvl 6

Greater shadow conjuration
and
Shades

now both of theese say they will create a shadow version of 2 destruction spells and 1 self spell and 1 summon spell. But all i get is summons, how do i make it cast shadow fireball etc.

EDIT: And why do none of my henchman talk to me about there chapter 2 quests. I got 2 convos in for all of them but they wont continue and ive lvld twice. Boddynock has let me complete his but the others wont (and i think thats because were the same race)

athamas
29-08-2005, 22:52
EDIT: And why do none of my henchman talk to me about there chapter 2 quests. I got 2 convos in for all of them but they wont continue and ive lvld twice. Boddynock has let me complete his but the others wont (and i think thats because were the same race)

cant rememebr the rest.. but, you need to make sure you completed their quests for chapter 1, and have the item they gave you...

lvl 11 should be just about ok i think, if you are using hench men etc... im usually about 15 but i solo... [mage of death!]

WLBjork
01-09-2005, 17:09
Yeah, as Athamas said, henchmen will only offer you a quest if you've got the item they gave you last time.

This is a good idea as the items they give you are nice at full power (just annoying how many amulets they give you though).

Cypher
02-09-2005, 11:30
If you can finish chapter 1, chapter 2 should be fine.

As far as modules: none of them really benefit the core game (although Im sure there are a few than "change" it). Mostly they are stand alone titles. And there are literally hundreds. Go to Neverwinter Vault (http://nwvault.ign.com/) and have a poke around. It's undoubtably the best source for NWN stuff, and most of it is rated by the sites readers. It can be a bit hit and miss, but odds on you'll find something good to play. For the record, you'll also probably need the two expansion packs: most modules require them.

WLBjork
03-09-2005, 11:15
Yeah, definately the 2 expansions if you don't have them yet - the new character classes from Shadows of Undrentide(SoU) are useful, and Hordes of the Underdark(HotU) adds to playing experience beyond Char level 20.

As for the modules, the most important is the Community Expansion Pack (CEP) - a large number of other modules make use of this resource.