PDA

View Full Version : Wood Elf Briarsheath question

Frostfang
29-08-2005, 18:42
A Wood Elf Noble is from the Waywathcer kindred and has a Briarsheath.

How hard would you say that he is to hit?

Waywatcher means -1 to hit and Briarsheath says -1 to hit/-2 if in wood. Both says suffer an additional -1 to hit, although I think the author means an additional -1 over the -1 to hit a single model/skirmisher/WE in wood. It does not say it's cumulative, although Briarsheath says it may be combined with other equipment. Since the Waywatcherrule is more of a skill, although a skill of using equipment (trees and bushes ;) ) to hide.

What say you?

Frostfang
29-08-2005, 19:33
Nevermind, Waywatchers may not have armour :D

TeddyC
29-08-2005, 22:59
ha ha! yea thats what i was thinking! i was like WTF!

Not that you NEED to be that ott about not being hit.

Waywatchers = skirmishers. so your already at - 1 to hit. - 1 another one for forest stalker and if you put them in a forest..... or other such soft cover.... ANOTHER - 1. A mighty -3 modifier! of course the same goes for independaent characters with Briarsheth or waywatcher kindred.

samw
30-08-2005, 13:05
From my reading of the Briarsheath rules it is a cumulative -1 if in the open, -2 if in woods (the power of the Briarsheath is boosted by being in the woods.)
Hence a single character (-1) hiding in woods (soft cover, -1) being a forest stalker (-1) with the Briarsheath (-2) would be at -5 to be hit. Not bad at all. Mind you one measly fireball still and "WHOOSH", one incinerated elf!

Griefbringer
30-08-2005, 13:23
It does not say it's cumulative, although Briarsheath says it may be combined with other equipment. Since the Waywatcherrule is more of a skill, although a skill of using equipment (trees and bushes ;) ) to hide.

Unless otherwise specified, all to hit bonuses/penalties for shooting are cumulative with each other - it does not need to say it specifically.

As for engaging wood elves in a shooting match, who is really expecting to come out as a winner from that. :skull:

Cenyu
30-08-2005, 13:32
The magic missiles and auto-hitters.