PDA

View Full Version : Land Raider Crusader Assembly

Spada
11-09-2007, 01:28
Hey there all,

I've recently been stocking up for apocalypse, and good news! Without buying anything new, I'm at 5150 pts. Assembled and *mostly* painted. I'm a dark angels player, so I'm pretty excited to have that many men hunting the fallen.

However, a box I hadn't put together is my Crusader. Assembly has been going well, I didn't glue the doors together (not even an accidental drop when doing the track, I know, you're amazed.) But now, I see a problem, and I want some suggestions on the best way to go about fixing it, it's the Multi melta

Who had the idea to put that thing made out of medal on that little skinny plastic neck without any real way to secure it! Anyway, Suggestions? Tips?

Thanks!

Spada

Hand of Dume
11-09-2007, 01:44
you could put a trooper manning the melta. him holding it will secure it in more than in that one small place. i don't have a crusader soi don't know if it comes with a trooper to man it. if not a little conversion shouldn't be too hard.

warchild9
11-09-2007, 01:52
built one, used it a couple times, broke the melta mount , my pain your gain use the gunner even converted holding with one hand (mine held the grips with one hand, pointing with the other arm) supports the gun just enough or use the multi melta off the land speeder or attack bike

Halcyon504
11-09-2007, 02:20
I built one, and for me the Multi Melta was the last part that was assembled onto the model. I glued it very carefully on, and then held it for about 20 seconds, and then propped something under the gun to keep it in place. After it dried, I used GS and strengthened the mount.

studderigdave
11-09-2007, 02:28
for my ork land raider crusada, i had an ork armed with a multi melta. maybe get a devestator marine with a multi melta, stick him up top.

Skell
11-09-2007, 02:39
I used a rare earth magnet, mostly because im building my deathwing crusaders to be both normal and crusader.

I used a 5x2mm rare earth magnet, worked really well.
Also helps with transporting not having to reglue my multimelta anymore is awesome(i already own a crusader and have learned from my gluing mistakes).

Ivan Stupidor
11-09-2007, 02:48
With 5150 pts, you should have a plastic multi-melta from a Land Speeder or Attack Bike lying around. That'll stay on the mount a whole lot easier than the metal one.

Putty
11-09-2007, 05:49
yap... try to get the plastic multi-melta form the land speeder or attack bike box.

i slapped myself on the head when i got the landspeeder one after completing my LRC a few times back.

You can attempt to pin the metal MM to the LRC, but its tricky business becoz the mount is very thin, abid fragile.

Spada
11-09-2007, 05:49
Thanks for all the advice!

1. I would have a spare plastic multimelta.... if all my speeders and bikes weren't already using them ;)

2. I didn't want to use the space marine, but I suppose that is the best option I think I have available to me. The tank looks so much more intimidating just 'knowing' that should I need it, some grizzly sgt can pop out and fire at a moments notice.

I'll give it a shot.. Thanks guys!