the brewer
11-09-2007, 04:10
death master snikch
eshin sorcerer level two with smoke bombs
eshin sorcerer level two with smoke bombs

15 night runners with night leader throwing stars and extra hand weapon
15 night runners with night leader throwing stars and extra hand weapon
14 night runners with night leader throwing stars and extra hand weapon

5 gutter runners with black skaven throwing stars poisoned blades and stars tunneling teams
5 gutter runners with black skaven throwing stars poisoned blades and stars tunneling teams

eshin traid with smoke bombs
eshin traid with smoke bombs

so what do you think about it, im thinking of having the death master on the back with the sorcerers and teleport him with my sorcerers and have them follow him to get him out of trouble, night runners would run towards the enemy and hopefully gutter runners will be able of bringing things down

radbug
11-09-2007, 08:21
Champions in all the units is not worth it, especially the tunneling units. The army also seems on the smaller side in terms of number of models.

/R

BigRob
11-09-2007, 09:23
68 models in 2000pts is small for skaven, even if one of them is the Deathamster. I like the list, but beware that your plan to leap snickt and the sorcerers around will probably fail. If the deathmasters skitterleaping about, I'd be throwing down scrolls and dispel dice like crazy, while pounding him with as much gunfire/missiles and magic spells as I can see with. A decent roll on the darkness table, or even a misfire, can spell death for the skirmishing horde. A Dwarf Army, Magic heavy Army or Khornate Army will be having "Rat on a stick" for dinner.

Maybe drop the champions in units, try and bulk up the gutter runners, possibly by dropping one team, then shore up your night runners. I think this list is great against small units of troops and armies that rely on a character like DOW or Undead but will struggle against hordes, heavy elites or gunlines.

Another tactic not often seen is to run the list without COD. Its like a normal skaven list, with big blocks, plague monks, Jazails and stuff, but suddenly the assassin skitterleaps into combat :)

Have fun

gerrymander61
11-09-2007, 10:23
definately way the hell low on the model side, particularly since none of your troops benefit from strenght in numbers. Yes their ld is hihger than regular skaven, but they're all still goign to flee at the drop of a hat particularly if ur sending mr snikch all over the place. Definately get more units of night runners. Get some larger ones with extra hand weapons, and then a bunch of smaller ones with stars. Each unit doesn't need to be doing everything at once. Also, you're not going to need more than 2 tunnelers, you need the champions in none of those units, and poisoned throwing stars is a waste IMO. Drop the poisoned stars, the champions, make one not tunnelers, and you can bulk up your non-tunneling unit of gutter runners and your night runner units.

Triads are nice, but i can't really see you needing 2 units of them. Why not drop one for a small unit of Jezzails? They still skirmish, so you don't lose CoD, and they will provide an answer to heavy cav, and as a backup incase snikch dies early.

I also don't think yu need bombs on the eshin sorcerors. Those should not be seeing combat anyways and if they flee, you'll be lucky to rally one of them. Drop the bombs on them and buy some dispel scrolls to stop magic because you're extremely vulnerable in that department.

DesertDirge
11-09-2007, 16:52
I'd drop a tunnel team and a night runner unit for 2 units of Clanrats.

the brewer
14-09-2007, 03:06
thanks to all of you. what do you think about this

snikch
2X eshin sorcerer.-dispell scroll
2X 33 night runners.- extra hand weapon and nightleader
2X 15 eshin night runners with throwing stars
10 gutter runners poisoned, hand weapons, and blackskaven
2X 5 gutter runners.-poisoned handweapons tunneling teams
eshin traid.- smoke bombs

i do belive that's 1999pts with 122 rats

radbug
14-09-2007, 08:47
33 night runners in one unit is q bit to many. You wont get ranks anyway so thats a hue amount of models/points that wont be able to do much. Both NR and GR work best in small units so I would split them the two 33 man units into at least three or possibly four units.

/R

the brewer
14-09-2007, 23:56
so many units of 10-15 night runners with either hand weapon or throwing stars?