PDA

View Full Version : Dark Tower RPG Recruitment/OOC Thread

Bmaxwell
29-08-2005, 20:24
Hello, all this is a RPG based off of the Dark Tower by Stehphen King. If you have not read the books, I would also suggest you take a look at this (http://www.thedarktower.net/) to get a Idea of the Universe that you will be playing in.

This RPG is centred around The "Blood Cherry" one of the 13 mythical Wizards Glass. This Glass is red in color as powers are unknown what is know is that this Glass is strongly connected to the wolf, one of the 2 guardains of the keyworld's Beam.

Alright the characters you can play can be from anytime and anywhere, (when I start the RPG it will make sense) just post your character

Rules
0-1 Gunslingers (Characters can have guns though Look at the website Gunslingers are different)
0-1touched (Psychic)
0-2 Manni

That's all the rules I have. No god characters, of course. And all characters will be given the final okay by me.

Enjoy

warlordgrubnatz
29-08-2005, 20:31
My mum loves steven king. I am just getting into the tommyknockers and i ha
ve a basic idea of the dark tower, its linked with the stand.

name: ruben
sex:male
class/ type: colonial marine
universe/dimension: its a universe im developing (see link in sig)
equipment: handgun with one clip. torch, knife, first aid kit, flares
discription: a normal man with combat training.

hopefull this will be a different kind of roleplay.

Bmaxwell
29-08-2005, 21:11
That looks good warlord

Kensai X
29-08-2005, 21:31
Hmmm this seems really interesting, but there's some note of confusion on my part (never read the books...)

I'm confused on type time era their in (American Mid-West???) and I'm confused on the whole Which World or whatever...

And they've got like fantasy names and stuff, but NYC popped up... (New York City WTH...)

But this seems really interested and I'll try to come with a character once I know more...

Keflar
29-08-2005, 21:48
I'll play the gunslinger. But I'll have to get back to you with my character's background and stuff like that later tonight.

Bmaxwell
29-08-2005, 22:25
It's a reasonable misunderstanding Kensai X

The Dark Tower setting it is possiable not only to travel to different worlds (where's) but aslo to travel in time (whens)

the main story happens in the place called Allworld which has regions (such as mid-world end-world etc) This RPG will start in Mid-world but for my purpose's the charcters can be form any where and any when. This will make sense when the RPG starts

Medford
Class: Elder Manni

Background: The most powerful Manni that is was and will be. Medford Has traveled to many different wheres and a equal number of whens in each where. A powerful Manni he is strangley famliar to anyone that see's him. This is because in all the worlds he has been to he has changed them or at least tried to change them for the better. execpt for the Key world which he has visted a few time afaird that he could permantly change things for the worse. By going todash he comes to a where that seems to be all-world shortly after a Great old ones posioned the world The Red glass or "Blood Cherry" as it is more know by was in the clucthes of a massive mutaed warlord. By methods he would rather not talk about he was able to get the Red wizard glass he planned on sending it out into space some how but Ka (fate) changed things. Going todash into the keyworld he heard about something horrabile happening work of the Crimson King he knew he had to do something. He knew of a door one of the mythcail Doors that can be used to Go between he had used it before but after the last time he went though it. he could not open it with the help of fellow Manni Medford hopes to stop what ever Plan the Crimson King has.

warlordgrubnatz
30-08-2005, 11:02
heres my basic understanding of the story. There is some sort of breach witch is allowing people to travel between times and dimensions (a bit like in his dark materials trilogy for anyone who has read that) but the devil (who is also in the stand) is tying to destroy the worlds (or do something bad) so a psrty must stop him by jorneying throuigh the land to the dark tower.

Bmaxwell
30-08-2005, 20:31
some what thats the story that the books go by but randell flagg in the stand is only a servant of the crimson king (which some people assocaite with statan) what happened is that magic left the world and the old ones knew that when magic left the old beams would leave as well so they made machine that made Beams (what a beam is now anyway) but The crimson king has found a way to destory the beams by useing breakers (which is the touched if some one wants that role) to destory the beams and by doing so freeing him self form the tower and be able to rule in the todash Darkness after wards.

so you pretty much had it. If anyone else has a charcter they want to post please do so more people we can have the better. classes still open

Touched and the 2 Manni

Lets see those characters

Keflar
02-09-2005, 05:20
Spike Spencer:
Spike is most often seen with a depressed look on his face, and rarely speaks, often he is dragged into fights he does not want to fight, and then when he wins he is often left in a deep state of sadness. No one truly know why this is, it most likely has to do with something that happened to him in his past. Spike has long black hair and wears a black duster and a black cowboy hat.

Sorry it took so long, I'll post everyday when we start.

Bmaxwell
02-09-2005, 22:44
That looks good Keflar but we don't have enough people yet. to start

Tyranix
03-09-2005, 07:13
Ok. From what I could understand from the extreme short versions given in this thread of what this is about, here is my character. (It doesn't quite fit in the list of options given in the first post, but I could make him a psyker/touched if needed)

Could this work?

Name: Dimitri
Sex: Male
Profession: Templar Knight / Touched
Powers: Minor telepathy and telekinesis (still developing).
Time Period of Origin: Dark Ages (obviously).
Equipment: Full plated black armour, white overcoat with a red cross in front and in the back.
Appearance: Very tall and muscular. Black hair and beard. Blue eyes.

Background: Taken into the templars' custody when he was very young he was trained in the arts of war. He passed all required tests with great skill. He has an extreme sense of honour and will rather die before having his honour questioned. Dimitri has fought a few major battles with immense bravery and disregard for his own saftey. Often in battle his brother knights would see how enemies were tossed away from his path without even being touched by his sword, others would hear words of courage or prayer when figthing too close to him. He was believed to be blessed. He is skilled with most of the weapons of his time. He is also a great horseman.

He ignores having any psychic potential but his abilities will trigger often when in battle or in a rage. He is convinced that they are manifestations of God helping him to do His work.

warlordgrubnatz
03-09-2005, 14:02
bmaxwell can i bring in a second char to bolster numbers.

Bmaxwell
06-09-2005, 00:29
@warlordgrunatz yea you can make a second character if you like

@Tyranix you can make him a touched/psyker if you want that if fine

Tyranix
06-09-2005, 02:30
Well. Im curious to know how exactly a touched works. Appart from being able to destroy the already mentioned beams.

Also, does that mean he MUST destroy the beams? Or he is just capable of doing so if he wanted?

warlordgrubnatz
06-09-2005, 16:31
okay a second character
name: stern
sex: male
class/ archeype: civilian buisinessman
world/ universe: modern day earth
equipment: lighter, pocket knife, money
bio: Julius sterner or 'stern' has had a bad day. His buissiness is going into to debt, he cant pay his bills and hes a loner with no freinds or family. He wanted to end it all som he walke out the peir and jumped, he woke up somewere else....
aperance: curly blonde hair, merald green eyes and pale skin. wers a suit that is quite tattered.

Bmaxwell
06-09-2005, 20:28
no the tocuhed if powerful enough (which your character will be if you choose) they can destory the beams which is what th crimson king does he gathers up breakers to destoy the beams

not really known what breakers can do but it pretty much is up to you often they are telepaths and powerful telekintics but if you just want to give them genral pyshic powers thats fine as well

Tyranix
06-09-2005, 22:29
Ok. I'll edit my char. ;)

Bmaxwell
07-09-2005, 00:43
Thats a really good I like it

that works warlord.

With 4 Chararcters I might be able to start but Im not quite sure at the moment let me see if it will work Kensai X wants to play so I'll Play his as well until he has time to post along with the discussions I have had With Grand Warlord he is interested but haveing complacations. I'll Post the IC thread tonight

Bmaxwell
14-09-2005, 23:55
so what do you guys think so far sorry about the slowness but school just started

Tyranix
15-09-2005, 23:00
Well I'm as lost as my char so far. Which isn't a bad thing. :p

Bmaxwell
16-09-2005, 03:26
I figured as much when we enter the installtion much will be explained

Bmaxwell
24-09-2005, 19:33
Name: DanteBeta13
Equipment: Razor Claws

Background: Created by the Old Ones to slove the proplem of AI being to Methodcail and not haveing enough Imporatant qualites that make a good soldier, Inticst, Finesse, telling freind form foe. Much of His Brain has been turned into Computers but enough reamains so that he can if he choose's to act Human. His entire body is a robotic one and he is covered in synth flesh that though weak will grow back to cover DanteBeta13 up so that he can masquarade as human but the skin does take time to grow back. Made for Comabt he has been strenghted to be able to run close to 30 MPH and jump extremly high. Razor sharp Claws that are retractable are in his hands for close comabt but he was designed to lead The legions of the Old Ones to war. His spine and remains along with his brain but the rest of him is completely Robotic. He runs off a Highly Advanced Engery source that is Designed to run for melluim and not even lose a fraction of its charge.