PDA

View Full Version : there is still hope!

Tehkonrad
11-09-2007, 09:55
a couple of days ago the greatest thing happened-
I was at my store and there was this kid and his older bro
and his brother was a trying to get him to buy black templars
or blood angels and then.
heres the good bit the kid goes

'I dont wanna play marines they are boring- I wanna play dark eldar!!!'

then the store clerks like
'errr we don't stock that'

then the kid looked sad so i told him about the online store and he was very joyous
that people is the single greatest inspiration i have seen in all my cynical years

Crube
11-09-2007, 10:07
Dont believe you :D Things like that make my heart glad... thanks

Hellebore
11-09-2007, 10:10
That's cute.

Hellebore

Adra
11-09-2007, 10:11
I dont belive you either...but....the fantasy of it brightens my day so i will chose to ignore logic and go along with it....la la la

marv335
11-09-2007, 11:00
not another one!
there are more dark eldar players than marines in my local store on a regular game night!
I'm not kidding, there are at least 5 DE armies owned by regulars, with the IG, Tau, Eldar, and 'Nids, there are hardly any Marine armies in regular attendance

Biomass Denial
11-09-2007, 11:10
Marv you live at the end of a rainbow of happiness dont you?

pookie
11-09-2007, 11:51
it wont be long before he's brought into the Imperiums fold....

marv335
11-09-2007, 12:22
I am one of the few marine players.
although I have necron, tau, Ig catachans, witchhunters, orks,
The variety is nice. I expect Chaos to have a bit of an upswing with the new codex.
We just have a nice variety of armies playing regularly.

empireguard
11-09-2007, 12:58
Yes at my local gaming area there are more Guard than there are SM, CSM and Necrons put together its great.

Joewrightgm
11-09-2007, 13:55
I'm looking at Dark Eldar close now, just to be different.

Dosadi
11-09-2007, 15:19
Are you sure he didn't say Dark Angels? Right now The gaming nights at my LGS are filled with Dark Angel armies. Naimly Ravenwing forces. I didn't know the Imperium had that many jetbikes floating around. The other forces I see are Tau and Eldar and just last week I played a game against a Plague Marine army (new stylze)...man are they hard to put down.

Dosadi

Pieman
11-09-2007, 15:33
it wont be long before he's brought into the Imperiums fold....

You're (sadly) likely to be right... the bloated Imperium of mankind will likely have many folds and recesses which can harbour unwary new players. Or maybe that's Nurgle????

Hi by the way.

redbaron998
11-09-2007, 15:49
Good to hear, but at this point I just want players at my store, MEQ is a decent army to learn on though, except for GKs like I started, talk about a learning curve. Thankfully the majority of players then move on the GEQ or something else for a more intersting game.

I can live with space marines as long as there is someone to play. (It was funny I saw my store was signed up for Ard Boys and laughed, there hasnt been a tournament or gaming night at my place in a couple of years, just a bunch of empty tables and lost potential, the gaming community in North Georgia is so stall right now

Het Masteen
11-09-2007, 15:56
I'm constantly surprised when I hear that Marines are the most popular army. I'm currently playing in a campaign in my local club. We have 10 players and I'm the only Marine player, and even at that, I play Wolves. I think the trend may still be to start with Marines, I've heard a lot of people saying they're the best choice to learn the rules with.

Pieman
11-09-2007, 15:59
Sorry for being ignorant, but what does MEQ actually stand for? It is obviously some reference to power armoured armies in general, but I can't work out what it ACTUALLY means.

Cheers

Pieman
11-09-2007, 16:00
Actually scratch that, MEQ appeared in blue and all was revealed....

Brother Gabriel
11-09-2007, 16:04
LOL in my gamestore most poeple play nids or eldar or guard, only me and another one who plays Marines (one Blood Angel and me with Angels of Revenge DA successor chapter).
And most kids start with buying nids (the big wohoo monsters) or necrons (the freaky alien robots who are immortal).
Actually i would like to have more Marine players around to play with... But Marines arent strong enough to attract kiddies, they favour Nidzilla or Tau Krisis Armys (which are way stronger).

EmperorEternalXIX
11-09-2007, 16:47
I don't know what all the crying is about.

Every new person who plays this game helps the hobby, no matter what race they pick.

aad
11-09-2007, 17:35
I don't know what all the crying is about.

Every new person who plays this game helps the hobby, no matter what race they pick.

totally agree with that one.:)

Grazzy
11-09-2007, 18:43
WOW!! I have only seen dark eldar 3 times and only played them once. I play almost all of my games against tau, marines and guard. Anything else is a godsend.

Bregalad
11-09-2007, 18:52
We have two Dark Eldar players in my store, one kid and one adult. More than Eldar or Ork players ATM.

rintinglen
11-09-2007, 18:58
I'm astounded to hear that space marine players are so few. I play them, all of my friends have a space marine army, albeit we all have other armies as well. But I have only seen two Dark Eldar armies ever. I have never played one.

Sovereign
11-09-2007, 19:25
I hope you shared with the kid the risk of playing an unsupported army with such an old Codex.

Anyhow, I started a DE army at the start of 3E, but never got very far with it. The models were OK, but way too fragile for gaming, always breaking. And it played OK, but nothing special - too antiseptic compared to Eldar, and too light compared to Guard. One guy in our group got all the DE and had a pretty decent army, but I haven't seen another DE army since I moved.

nazrag
11-09-2007, 19:58
thats cool really!

in my gaming group there is only one guy who doesnt own a meq army, he plays eldar! :rolleyes:

but actually the bigget number of players goes to guard, as hardly anyone of uss plays our meqs :D

marv335
11-09-2007, 21:14
I played a cracking game tonight, My Crimson fists vs Ig/Witchhunters.
The Ig were all converted out of dwarf models to look like squats.
A living ancestor was used as an inquisitor. great looking army.
I won in turn 4 though :D
other armies in attendance tonight were;
Ig x2
DE x3
Chaos x2
Tau x2
nids x3
SM x1

so there were 4 Meq armies and 11 others. Not a bad ratio.