PDA

View Full Version : Will all Apoc. models go plastic?

sheck2
11-09-2007, 17:24
Question - what is the conventional wisdom regarding Apoc. models (those presented in Apoc.)...if they are there will they be released by GW in plastic or will they stay exclusively FW?

For example, the Tau barracuda...it's FW now...since it is in Apoc. as GW...will it be released mainstream (not FW) and / or in plastic?

Joewrightgm
11-09-2007, 17:50
It all depends on how well the Baneblade performs sales-wise. Also, apparently the Orks will be getting a Stompa for their codex as a Super Heavy. If those 2 kits sell well, then a precedent will be set to do some of the more popular Forge World models, IE Warhound, Vultures, Baneblade variants.

Just speculation.

Hulkster
11-09-2007, 17:52
as far as I am aware the Baneblade is the test for all future large plastic kits.

If this sells well the next thing will be a Stompa (thought that might be coming out anyway, who knows), then either a thunderhawk or a vulture.

AFAIK there isno definitive information saying that there will be more. If there is it will prob be the ork stompa whioch may be released at the same time as the 40k campaign over summer.

kairous
11-09-2007, 17:56
it would an interesting thing to keep a look out for, guess it all depends on how well apoc takes, im looking forward to it, but some people may not.

I wouldn't mind seeing some more plastic FW models, one of my friends is very much hoping for a plastic titan, somewhere down the pipeline.

Putty
11-09-2007, 18:39
a plastic to scale thunderhawk would be interesting... hehehe...

Halcyon504
11-09-2007, 19:35
I read a thread in the Rumors forum stating that if the Baneblade sells well, then a plastic Thunderhawk will be on the plate. Wether that will pan out to be true or not will be seen, but wow...that'd be really awesome wouldn't it? :D

Acolyte of Bli'l'ab
11-09-2007, 20:21
im hoping for a pylon and trygon personally. I think it would be great if every race got one super-heavy like that.

inquisitor solarris
11-09-2007, 22:36
i believe that each race will have about 2 super heavy tanks and then it'll build up from there if they go well with the first set:)

Bookwrak
11-09-2007, 23:38
Whether something gets a plastic or not depends on the sales expected of it. The Baneblade, pretty much _the_ iconic super-heavy of the game, was really almost a no-brainer. I don't forsee very many other super-heavies being that much of a sure thing.

Karnage
11-09-2007, 23:44
What I'd heard in a passing conversation (this was about 2-3 days ago) was that the Stompa was still off because of how large the kit was (too expensive to mass produce), and that if the Baneblade was a success, then the next kit could possibly be a Scorpion for Eldar players. How accurate this is though, I don't know.