PDA

View Full Version : Assassins fluff / background etc

Gop
11-04-2005, 23:05
Guys, anyone know some good places for Officio Assassinorum fluff / source material? I've got both assassins codexes. Any black library novels cover this? Websites? TIA.

Minister
11-04-2005, 23:18
With the exception of the original White Dwarfs, which were duplicated pretty much word-for-word for the 2nd edition codex, that's just about it as far as I can think. There are, of course, mentions of the assassins in other places (Chaos codex and a couple of the IAs, for example), but everything of substance is in those two.

Ah, thought occurs. The Codex Imperialis has some stuff on them too, but not an awful lot.

Strikerkc
11-04-2005, 23:35
There's a short story in about a calidus assasin in the novel "Death Wing" I think, but some how that seems like the wrong book...

worldshatterer
11-04-2005, 23:42
what black library calls the Inquisition War trilogy featured an imperial assasin called meh' lindhi as a core character . Seeing as it was the original book where things like that got fleshed out, it might be a good place to start[especially for the callidus shrine] .

Strikerkc
11-04-2005, 23:45
what black library calls the Inquisition War trilogy featured an imperial assasin called meh' lindhi as a core character . Seeing as it was the original book where things like that got fleshed out, it might be a good place to start[especially for the callidus shrine] .

That's the same assasin as in the short story, but it is seperate from the inquisitor war trillogy.

And just so any one reading knows... only read the first inquisitor war book, avoid the other two like the plauge, make up your own ending and be happy. :mad:

worldshatterer
12-04-2005, 00:02
That's the same assasin as in the short story, but it is seperate from the inquisitor war trillogy

its not actually, its an important part of the character development of meh'lendi it defines her beauty and the beast role . it also sets the scenario for important events in the last book . its also featured in the inquisition compilation set by black library. bah, i'm a freak i enjoyed all 3 novels, maybe it helps to first read them when your about 10 or 11[much like lord of the rings] .

Strikerkc
12-04-2005, 00:08
its not actually

Well, it's not in any of the inquisitor war books I have (all 3 of them), and it's the same name and back story as the assasin in the inquisitor war. Do you have that big weird "mega" book with all three boks in one or something?

And the story is in Death wing, I went and checked.

worldshatterer
12-04-2005, 00:12
i got the weird big book as it was only a pound more than buying one normal black library novel .

i'm aware that the story was in deathwing, i was trying to point out that the short story did actually have a role to play in the trilogy itself .

Strikerkc
12-04-2005, 01:36
i'm aware that the story was in deathwing, i was trying to point out that the short story did actually have a role to play in the trilogy itself .

Ah, by "seperate" I meant phsyicaly, not fluff wise :)

Jmitchell
15-04-2005, 21:47
Any particular assassin temple you want info on?

I've got a general overview and some insight into the venenum temple.

sulla
15-04-2005, 23:51
That's the same assasin as in the short story, but it is seperate from the inquisitor war trillogy.

And just so any one reading knows... only read the first inquisitor war book, avoid the other two like the plauge, make up your own ending and be happy. :mad:

I like the second book. Devious Ulthwe manipulating the illuminati.
:D Plus, Grimm gets a (slightly) bigger role... :)