PDA

View Full Version : Who would love a Cypher Novel

LexxBomb
12-09-2007, 13:41
with the upcommig release of descent of angels I was thinking wouldn't be cool if the BL released a novel from the prospective of cypher (not just of a chaplin hunting him down).

who knows maybe if there was a big enough movement for one they might.

what do you guys say

Voltaire
12-09-2007, 14:47
The problem with Cypher and a novel is that releasing one would reveal his mystique and that is not something that should NOT happen.

TheLionReturns
12-09-2007, 15:16
I voted yes but with the condition that any such book would have to pose twice as many questions as it does answers. Anything that would do away with the mystery around cypher and the Dark Angels in general would be a mistake for me. Perhaps something dealing with how the fallen are tracked/hunted and how the fallen infiltrate and manipulate societies/armies would be good.

Chilltouch
12-09-2007, 15:31
No. Because of my general dislike for the Dark Angels.

Damien 1427
12-09-2007, 15:37
I'd prefer a book about a Fallen Angel, perhaps one that didn't fall to Chaos, and wanders as a mercenary (Minus his power armour and equipment, obviously), ever careful that his former brothers are hunting him.

It's an interesting concept to play with, but very easy to screw up.

CELS
12-09-2007, 16:38
The problem with Cypher and a novel is that releasing one would reveal his mystique and that is not something that should NOT happen.
Quoted for truthness.

LexxBomb
13-09-2007, 02:23
I'd prefer a book about a Fallen Angel, perhaps one that didn't fall to Chaos, and wanders as a mercenary (Minus his power armour and equipment, obviously), ever careful that his former brothers are hunting him.

It's an interesting concept to play with, but very easy to screw up.

now thats a really cool idea

downundercadet07
13-09-2007, 02:40
I like the way Cypher is wide open. The only way it would work is if even Cy wasn't sure of who he was. Ten thousand years in the warp can do that to a man. If he was presented as a series of competent but opposed personalities, one loyal and one traitorous, and in that way made a microcosm of the DA as a whole, that would be nifty.

spacemonkey
13-09-2007, 02:44
Same reason why I voted no, though I hope that Descent of Angels give us a peak at the man before the mystery.

Endemion
13-09-2007, 15:01
Definitely not, the only interesting thing about Cypher is his mystery

Iracundus
13-09-2007, 15:13
Angels of Darkness is already about a Fallen, and not one that falls to Chaos.

Cypher is called that for a reason. Hint: it's the meaning of the word that the name is derived from. Hence no book is better.

Feor
14-09-2007, 01:44
Something written similarly to Lord of the Night might be interesting, though I don't think one from Cypher's perspective would work.

Best would be alternating between a Chaplain hunting Cypher on World X, and one of the Fallen Angels following Cypher around. Giving the same rough idea of Cypher that we got of Horus in Horus Rising, when we were seeing him through the eyes of one of his closest advisors.

MADJAP77
14-09-2007, 01:45
seems like a cool guy, never met him though.