PDA

View Full Version : Preparing my Scythes for Apoc...

ro9an
12-09-2007, 22:42
As I repaint my old scythes of the emperor for Apocalpse I want to replace their back banners; so does anybody either know the old dimensions of SM back banners (for example at the back of the old codex's i.e. angels of death, ultramarines, space wolves etc) or altenatively know of any online templates

robertsjf
13-09-2007, 01:09
[bad joke]You're going to play Apoc with all 12 remaining SotE?[/bad joke]

5/8"x7/8"

Grimtuff
13-09-2007, 01:14
5/8"x7/8"

You mean cm right? 8 inches is a lot for a banner (esp when a SM fig is about 2" tall)

Laan
13-09-2007, 01:58
five eighths by seven eighths of an inch

ro9an
13-09-2007, 17:00
You mean cm right? 8 inches is a lot for a banner (esp when a SM fig is about 2" tall)

its like spinal tap! (thanks though!)

Grimtuff
13-09-2007, 17:04
five eighths by seven eighths of an inch

Yes, I typed that at quarter past 1 in the morning...... :o:angel:

robertsjf
14-09-2007, 00:44
its like spinal tap! (thanks though!)

My Space Marine Banner was under the threat of being trampled by Dwarves!

Lord Cook
14-09-2007, 02:08
You are aware that the Scythes of the Emperor were wiped out by the Tyranids? There are a few survivors in the Deathwatch, but that's basically it. Still it would be cool to do a army from before the chapter's destruction. Maybe add tyranid trophies?

robertsjf
14-09-2007, 03:05
You are aware that the Scythes of the Emperor were wiped out by the Tyranids?

[bad joke]You're going to play Apoc with all 12 remaining SotE?[/bad joke]

Sorry to quote myself but I believe he does....

ro9an
14-09-2007, 14:30
Sorry to quote myself but I believe he does....

I am I believe i first read about the destruction of the scythes about 8-10 years ago when armageddon was released white dwarf (when it was good) suggested a campaign both epic and 40k, despite this fact i like scythes so I play scythes plus what am I meant to do bin 100+ models to fit in with the official line... no, no, no!

Mojaco
14-09-2007, 14:54
Eldrad died too (IIRC), but he's still playable. Death is no obstacle in 40k.

Captain Micha
14-09-2007, 15:08
Eldrad actually is not dead.

he put his essence into the waystones and used his body as a puppet to fight the blackstone fortress.

Quite abit different than being psychiclly handicapped and eaten by bugs.

Ps play them pre destruction! the Imperium needs more of it's history filled out not just "EVERYTHING HAS HAPPENED IN THE LAST TWO THOUSAND OUT OF TEN THOUSAND YEARS".... sorry...

ro9an
14-09-2007, 15:15
Eldrad actually is not dead.

he put his essence into the waystones and used his body as a puppet to fight the blackstone fortress.

Quite abit different than being psychiclly handicapped and eaten by bugs.

Ps play them pre destruction! the Imperium needs more of it's history filled out not just "EVERYTHING HAS HAPPENED IN THE LAST TWO THOUSAND OUT OF TEN THOUSAND YEARS".... sorry...

or just play them... when ever contested I would normally say they are from before plus also I have used they are from an altnative warp dimension where the ultramarines where destroyed and the sotha halted the hive fleet... you see two birds, one stone qua-pow!

Captain Micha
14-09-2007, 15:31
I like you... you said the smurfs were destroyed!

jb85
14-09-2007, 17:31
You are aware that the Scythes of the Emperor were wiped out by the Tyranids? There are a few survivors in the Deathwatch, but that's basically it. Still it would be cool to do a army from before the chapter's destruction. Maybe add tyranid trophies?

I don't believe the SOTE were wiped out, mauled certainly but not annihilated. Approximately a company of Marines escaped the destruction of Sotha (SOTE Homworld) and the fate of the survivors on Miral was never confirmed (including Chapter Master Thorcyra) although they were rumoured to have escaped to the Graia system.

So you could do a current army, in fact the SOTE are one of the few Chapters you could realistically do in their entirety.

boogle
14-09-2007, 17:44
make sure that they have lots of bionics and maybe even a large scout contigent to represent them re-growing as a chapter