PDA

View Full Version : Night Lords Plague Marines

Lord_Crull
13-09-2007, 01:35
Now I was thinking about including some Death Guard in my Night Lords, the idea behing that Konrad and Mortarion where somewhat friends before and during the heresy. That these guys are on an ''exchange program''.

Is this viable? It's just one squad and it's not like the entire Night Lords are turning to Nurgle.

Alpharius
13-09-2007, 01:41
The new Chaos Marine codex is pretty much encouraging "black legion style" armies. The United Colors of Chaos. The Great and Terrible Skittles. Etc.

So, really, why not?

At least, that's what GW's telling you. (And hoping for, too!)

Nazguire
13-09-2007, 07:34
Now I was thinking about including some Death Guard in my Night Lords, the idea behing that Konrad and Mortarion where somewhat friends before and during the heresy. That these guys are on an ''exchange program''.

Is this viable? It's just one squad and it's not like the entire Night Lords are turning to Nurgle.

It doesn't even have to be Plague Marines that are Death Guard. Just Night Lords that got too caught up in the worship of Nurgle. Not all Plague Marines are Death Guard, the same as not all Berserkers are World Eaters or Noise Marines are Emperor's Children.

Rotten
13-09-2007, 07:50
They would probably have some serious explanation to do about why they turned to one particular god to such a degree as to become embodiments of it. I sense a possible break-up of the army... But sure, it's perfectly viable. ;)

Lord_Crull
13-09-2007, 10:34
Well it's not the Night Lords that are worshipping Nurgle but a group of Death Guard allied to the legion.

pookie
13-09-2007, 10:48
Well it's not the Night Lords that are worshipping Nurgle but a group of Death Guard allied to the legion.

with that statement you have answerd your own question ;) :p ( i mean no disrespect), thats what the Chaos legions/renegade forces are all about. CSM supporting there 'brothers' in the fight against the enemy.

atomictophat
13-09-2007, 14:20
I could see the Night Lords hiring some Plague marines. What better way to spread fear and terror on a planet than to cause a horrible plague.

Rotten
13-09-2007, 14:23

Ah, I see. Well, then it's perfectly viable. Go for it. ;)

FarseerMatt
13-09-2007, 14:44
I could see the Night Lords hiring some Plague marines. What better way to spread fear and terror on a planet than to cause a horrible plague.

Indeed. My Night Lords use all kinds of wacky ploys in the philosophy of using absolutely every weapon at their disposal to spread maximum death and terror. For example, they include a "rescued" alpha level psyker (sorcerer in game terms) who was due to be executed on the grounds of being too powerful to be allowed to live. And when I learned that Night Lords are not big on actual Chaos worship and are also very resistant to mutation, I just changed the background of my Possessed to say they some of the Night Lords' more powerful soldiers who have undergone cosmetic surgery to make them appear more terrifying to the enemy :P

Iracundus
13-09-2007, 15:08
The Night Lords are described as openly scorning the more devout Legions who worship Chaos gods. They may make use of cult marines but this would probably based purely on pragmaticism. The Night Lords are supposed to be nihilistic sadists, valuing only material power and causing terror.