PDA

View Full Version : Band name suggestions?

Brother Smith
30-08-2005, 03:32
Hello all,

I'm starting a new band and it needs a name. Now we already have a few ideas and whilst opinions on them would be great, does anyone have any suggestions for a name? The genre is Thrash Metal.

So far im considering:

Phantasm
Phantasmagoria
Ligeia
Violate
Eviscerator
Blunt Justice
Maledict
Maledictus
Altar of Sacrifice
Kill Again
Reign Of Terror
Architecture Of Aggression
Massacre

Some are terrible and if you think so then don't hesitate to say so.

Cheers,
Adam

Kensai X
30-08-2005, 03:36
Dutch Boy Floyd....

Or some at least something a bit more optimistic every Thrash band it seems nowadays has to do with death, doom, and other commonly assoiciated pessimitic parts of life in general...

Brother Smith
30-08-2005, 03:58
Whilst our music isn't death or black metal it will unclude many references to the occult so an occult related name would be ideal.

Cheers for your comment Kensai X.

Alco Engineer
30-08-2005, 03:59
What about

Runt Cash

A bit of Spoonerism. I always liked it. You could have a little rich Dwarf as your mascot

Dirty Fingers
30-08-2005, 04:01
Of all those, I like Blunt Justice the best. Good for a thrash band. Some of those are a little too close to death metal or black metal (Phantasmagoria for instance, is just too Black Metal).

Brother Smith
30-08-2005, 04:01
Ha too late for a spoonerism. My ex-bassists fathers band is called C U Next Tuesday. Sure it's not a real spoonerism but people would notice.

BorisGT
30-08-2005, 04:05
I don't know for sure, but some of the possible names you've listed sound like they may already be attached to bands. I'd make sure on your end you aren't stepping on toes.

Though, whatever you decide on, it won't be cooler than Mephiskapholes.

starlight
30-08-2005, 04:30
Of the list, my fav:

Maledictus

New Cult King
30-08-2005, 04:39
References to the occult? Do any of you actually know much about it, or are you just throwing in some phrases to sound cool?

I like: Architecture Of Aggression.

Brother Smith
30-08-2005, 04:42
Well I should be ordering a copy of the Necromonicon and such, but yea, mostly because it's more interesting than most subjects.

Cheers for all your suggestions so far! :)

Kensai X
30-08-2005, 04:45
How about

Gloom, Doom, and Oppresive Disposition....

Bank Shot Bills

Lanquishing Liberals

Destiny Awaits for Forever and 4/4

Although, I was only joking about Dutch Boy Floydd that's the my band and it can't be used....

New Cult King
30-08-2005, 04:48
Just a word of warning - if you go around spouting random bits from the NecroNoMicon in your lyrics, you will be mocked and ridiculed by serious occultists...

Best bet is to avoid it unless you really know what you're on about.

Brother Smith
30-08-2005, 04:55
By no means NCK, I only want the book to stufy up. When I say Occult themes I mean early Testament style, not Black Metal church burning style.

Nid
30-08-2005, 04:56
I vote go for "The Divine Hamster of Ozymandius."

New Cult King
30-08-2005, 05:02
If you are honestly interested in learning about occult stuff, don't bother with the Necronomicon. If you have a genuine desire to learn, PM me, and we can talk.

Nid
30-08-2005, 05:04
Klaatu! Verata! Nick....Ni......Necktie. Nectarine. Definately an N word.

Brother Smith
30-08-2005, 05:04
Well if the offers going. It just an interlectual, i'm simply intruiged by it.

Anyway, back to the topic! Divine Hamsters eh?

Kensai X
30-08-2005, 05:18
Best served with a side a mildly lukewarm lemmings....

But really don't put occult crap into your songs, it'll just ruin the song, and generally ruin any chance of "getting the girls" (being the most common reason why people nowadays learn how to play guitar...)

The Dragon Reborn
30-08-2005, 05:23
what about.... brothers smith??

or umm the brother smith experiment feat. satan?

New Cult King
30-08-2005, 05:23
Something like:

Confusion Overload
Death Rattle
Broken Illusion

Go for cool sounding words put together...