PDA

View Full Version : Modern Equivilent to a Hunter Killer?

Steel_Legion
13-09-2007, 15:16
Right, strange question but I think this is the right spot, what is the modern day equivilent to a hunter killer in 40k? I cna only think of the TOW missile, but I am sure there are others, more specifically ones that seem to go off the tank at about a 45o angle, if anyone can help, cheers.
Gav

Iracundus
13-09-2007, 15:21
Depends on what 40K Hunter Killer missile you're talking about. The model for the IG one to be mounted on a Chimera for example is rather stylistically based on the BMP mounting a Sagger ATGW.

Gen.Steiner
13-09-2007, 15:30
Any of these, to be honest (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATGM). To be even more honest most of them are better than the Imperium's hunter-killer which is little more than a fire-and-forget rocket.

The Guard vehicle one - the new one - is basically a 9M14 Malyutka (aka the AT-3 Sagger).

Steel_Legion
13-09-2007, 15:53
Thanks, just was curious as to if they really existed (I swear I have seen them on real tanks) and where about they went, as my Vanquisher now has one :D

Gen.Steiner
13-09-2007, 17:00
Usually on the side of the turret in a box, the Sagger goes over the main gun on the BMP tho'. :)