PDA

View Full Version : AdMech allies... cool or plain stupid idea?

Wyatt
13-09-2007, 19:04
Ok, people here probably either don't know me, or know me as that guy who posts stupid ideas in 40k background.

Anyway, I had an idea.:rolleyes:

What I thought was "wouldn't it be cool to make an AdMech army". Then I thought "God I'm poor", and "I'm already doing an IG and Witchhunters army...".

So, I thought I could have some form of AdMech allies. For gaming purposes they would be Inducted Storm Troopers (WH). For background purposes, they'd be AdMech. How? Well, they'd be Techpriest Enginseer conversions, for example with servo skulls armed with hellpistols or whatever.

Fluffwise, this is what I have:

The Inquisition distrust the Techpriests, and the same back even more so. Nethertheless, when Forgeworld Uranar XI is threatened by a mysterious *techvirus armed* Xeno race (need to work on the wording :chrome:) the two sides must work together side by side. Neither controls the other in this symbiotic relationship, though one can't help but wonder if the Inquisitor Lord's psychic powers play any part in this... unnatural relationship.

Basically, it's a symbiotic link: the Techpriests need the WH to protect the Forgeworld, and the WH need the Forgeworld to provide guns, ammo, and tanks. (This WH lord has his own army (the Thedan Guard), to do his bidding. He is somewhat a... what's the word... less-loyal Inquisitor.)

Pyrotix
14-09-2007, 02:41
GW should really make a tech-priests codex.

And if I were you I'd use the tech-guard (the AM's main troops are the tech-guard or Skitarii) to count as SOB ruleswise. I mean, the AM controls the Imperium's tech, so it would make sense for their troops to be well armed.

Wyatt
14-09-2007, 20:33
I never thought of that. :) I was thinking "what can I count them as", SoB never came to mind.

That actually opens up more options - HS techies, FA techies, etc.

Aun'aart'al
15-09-2007, 04:48
there's the Adeptus Mechanicus codex over on the Bolter & Chainsword forum, you could use that .. ;)

Tehkonrad
15-09-2007, 05:29
can you provide link?

Aun'aart'al
15-09-2007, 06:35
can you provide link?

yeah, no problem (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/Adeptus/AdeptusMech.doc) (thread (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=90807))