PDA

View Full Version : Help with Nurgle Beasts Army

PiousVanDorn
13-09-2007, 20:32
Hi Everyone,

I've got a 1000,1500 and 2400pts games coming up and I need some advice on composition. I've got most options but not sure on stuff like Doombull, Beast Lord or Daemon - Giant, Shaggoth, Spawn, Dragon Ogres etc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

D:angel:

W0lf
13-09-2007, 21:46
Dragon ogres beat shagooths pt for pt.
A great bray shaman with Daemon sword, talisman of protection is good.

Spawns are cool but the mark isnt worth it imo.

Minotaurs are sick with LA and MoN.

sulla
14-09-2007, 06:08
A great bray shaman with Daemon sword, talisman of protection is good.

:D Don't do it! Those swords are good at one thing only, and that's killing the user. Besides, most nurgle magic is no good once you're in combat so that's not where you want your shaman to be. If you do go great bray shaman, scrolls and the goretooth are a better choice.

The beastlord is the easiest lord choice to get the most out of due to his versatility and manouverability.

Kerill
14-09-2007, 09:18
Nurgle minotaura are the best of their kind, get lots. Have one Nurgle marked character for each battleherd you have for immunity to fear and so the enemy need a fear test to charge. Include some non-nurgle shamans if you can and give and nurgle shamans staff of darkoth/gore tooth.

fearchanges
14-09-2007, 18:35
Go for Heavy magic, the 360 degrees line of sight from the beast herds is ideal for your spell casting characters too hide in.
So take a Great Bray-shaman and at least an other bray-shaman or maybe even 2 or go for a wargor BSB with Vitriolic Toten is also nice and very Fluffy.
The BSB above is great in a Beast herd with all the attacks they can produce.
Ambush Units are what makes the beast so interresting so 2 are recommended.
Chariots for some extra punch.
I'm not a big fan of Pestigors, but why not for the rank bonus.
On too the special, I prefer Minotaurs above anything and the Mark of Nurgle on them Rocks, give them also great weapons and light armour then.
Chaos Trolls are Fluffy in this part, but you'll need a babysitter for them.
Rares are always difficult too chose from, leave the Shaggoth at home and take Dragon Ogres instead. Spawns of Nurgle aren't that good, so better save the 15 point upgrade. Giants can be very Fluffy and great for Nurgle Convertion possibilities.

I hope this helped
Cheers

PiousVanDorn
16-09-2007, 12:05
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the advice - I've just got 4 of the new spawn and I think they fit in really well with the theme...

Do you think lvl 2 shamen are a better investment than a lvl 4. If so how would you equip them? Marked? Equipment?

I don't want to go to ott on minotaurs... and even though they're rubbish i do like the pestigor models...

Love the idea with the BSB - lots of poisoned attacks! nice!

Khorghan
18-09-2007, 01:03
Id go for a beastlord and L2 shamans, you want the higher LD for your army and with 2 L2s your not putting all your eggs in 1 basket so to speak.

Why do you say pestigors are rubbish???

PiousVanDorn
20-09-2007, 19:23
I just think that the mark isn't a fair price for the effect - 50pts is a big envestment with a unit of 25 coming in over 300pts... maybe rubbish is a bit harsh though!

fearchanges
21-09-2007, 19:14
It depend on how you look on it; first of all, when you Nurgle marked character joins a beastherd, then the unit will cause fear also. This comes in handy against every opponent, declining your own fear test and giving your opponents a few thing to think about.
Besides that, the extra wound always usefull, it can be the balance between life and death of your character.
Even though some people say the Lore of Nurgle is worth nothing, If used correctly, it can kick some serious *ss. I've played with a 2K Nurgle list using a Great Bray-shaman, Bray-shaman, wargor BSB as characters.
The 2 shamans were enough to rip a hole through the magic defence of most opponents I faced on the local tournament.

And if you like to paint and convert models, then Nurgle is ideal choice to go for:D

Methrin
21-09-2007, 19:42
It depend on how you look on it; first of all, when you Nurgle marked character joins a beastherd, then the unit will cause fear also.

If a fear-causing hero joins a non-fear-causing unit, the unit becomes immune to fear but does not cause it.

fearchanges
22-09-2007, 14:15
If a fear-causing hero joins a non-fear-causing unit, the unit becomes immune to fear but does not cause it.

Excuse me, my mistake, butt still this is handy

PiousVanDorn
23-09-2007, 14:16
I think it does still cause fear doesn't it?

Sorry I didn't make myself clear - the cost for characters is fine and the effects great - the issue I have is with the cost for Bestigors - 50pts to cause fear is not great compared say to the mark of slaanesh.

Belerophon709
23-09-2007, 14:40
It indeed still causes fear (or rather, the character does), which means that the enemy will still need to test for fear if charged or charging.
The only thing you don't benefit from is autobreaking when outnumbered by a fear-causing enemy, since the only model that actually causes fear is the character.
The unit with the character in it is also immune to fear while the character is with it.

Belerophon

PiousVanDorn
25-09-2007, 16:29
All the years I've been playing I didn't realise that!

:)