PDA

View Full Version : Pimp my (Bretonnian) Lord!

Bretonnian Lord
14-09-2007, 01:39
Hey,

Anyone care to provide examples of weapon/virtue combos they put on their Bretonnian Lords for maximum effectiveness? Here are some of mine:

Rank-and-file killer: Barded Bretonnian Warhorse, Lance, Cuirass of Fortune, Virtue of Knightly Temper, Shield. He's fairly cheap and can dish out some serious pain on the charge.

The Duelist: Designed to fight against T5 enemies or higher. Barded Bretonnian Warhorse, Grail Vow, Sword of the Lady's Champion, Virtue of Confidence, Armor of Agilulf, Gauntlet of the Duel. Can do some hefty damage against enemy characters but a drawback is he lacks protection...

The Immortal: Barded Bretonnian Warhorse, Gilded Cuirass, Shield, Virtue of Purity, and Morning Star of Fracasse. 2+ AS, 5+ WS, and 4+ Regeneration, plus the ability to destroy enemy magic items on a 4+.

The Dragon Slayer: Works for any big gribbly, not just dragons. Barded Bretonnian Warhorse, Virtue of Heroism, Grail Vow, Lance, Tress of Isoulde, Shield. Hits on a 2+ and on a 6+ the large target gets autokilled.

Those are some of my combos. I'd like it if some people could post combos they've found effective or ways to beef up mine. :)

Alathir
14-09-2007, 02:57
You've got some good ones there...

To beef up your rank and file killer, throw on the Tress of Isolude. This way, if you come up against a character you can on average score about 8 wounds on them at strength 6.... not many people can survive that. Throw on the Mantle of Damsel Elena if killing blow is in the game.

Not a bad duelist is... Virtue of Confidence, Birth Sword of Carcassonne, Gromril Great Helm, Gauntlet of the Duel... Nobody can refuse his challenges, in challenges he re-rolls hits and wounds, and his sword makes him strength 5 and forces people to re-roll successful armour saves. Not to mention he has a 1+ re-rollable armour save.

Another nice one is... Sword of the Quest, Virtue of Audacity, Tress of Isolude... this is good against higher strength characters like Vampires etc... you re-roll hits and wounds against anyone with higher base strength than you, you ignore their armour saves and have the option of hitting on 2+ for a combat round.

This one has laid some hurt down before... Virtue of the Ideal, Silver Lance of the Blessed... 5 attacks that autohit at strength 6!

This one can be very deadly with a bit of luck... Virtue of the Ideal, Lance of Artois, Cuirass of Fortune, Tress of Isolude. This guy can be a super character killer... but is super charge orientated. He has 5 attacks, hits on 2's once you find that character you wanna kill and he has killing blow and re-rolls 1's to wound. Scary.

Tomb King Killer: Virtue of Audacity, Wyrmlance, Gromril Great Helm, Tress or Mantle (to protect against killing blow if he has the Destroyer of Eternities). Since these guys are flamable... you have 4 attacks, re-roll hits and wounds, and have flaming attacks... strength 6 is enough to negate almost all Tomb King armour so all they will have is their ward.

On an aside.. a paladin can do that job as well, which is a nasty surprise against the Tomb Kings... Virtue of Audacity, Wyrmlance = 50 points.

Hope that helps!

MarcoPollo
14-09-2007, 05:36
I voted for "big game". But I don't think the virtue of heroism is what you want. How about the virtue of the joust, cuirass of fortune, and wyrmlance on a peg.

For more tips go here (http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=87&func=showcat&catid=3)

Malorian
14-09-2007, 18:19
I like mine to have the silver lance and the virtue of the ideal. That's 5 str 6 attacks that auto hit and will most likely wound.

Better yet, this combo isn't useless after the charge since you still use magical lances (they are just auto str 4 hits then)