PDA

View Full Version : Bare-Bones Balanced Brets 2250pts

Your Mum Rang
14-09-2007, 14:37
Hey all! I've been seduced by shiny armour and away from my Wood Elves.

I want to go for a balanced force with a mic of combat and shooting. I will try to rely on combined charges with MSU Knights to do the killing. To support this I have added decent shooting to give me time to get my charges off.

I have not added any characters yet as I want the army to be solid as I see characters as augmenting my army and not the basis of the army....

Damsel: Horse 2 Dispel Scrolls @ 130pts

6 Knights of the Realm: Full Command Twilight Banner @ 193pts
6 Knights Errant: Standard @ 134pts

25 Men-at-Arms: Full Command @ 152pts
18 Bowmen @ 108pts

5 Mounted Yeomen: Shields Musician @ 87

Trebuchet @ 90pts
Trebuchet @ 90pts

1628pts

So, I have another 622pts to spend. I don't want to spend too much on my characters either. Another mounted Sorceress to go in the men at arms would be good.

But so far, how does it look?

Necronoxz
14-09-2007, 15:40
britonia right? lance formation? so add a few knight's so you get the rank bonus ;)

Crube
14-09-2007, 15:42
I'd be inclined to have 2 units of 10 Bowmen, rather than 1 of 18 (2 more Bowmen), and maybe another unit of Mounted Yeomen. Add on extra knights ot get your full rank bonus form your Knights and a General and you're good to go.

Good luck in painting that many knights though :evilgrin:

Necronoxz
14-09-2007, 15:48
Add on extra knights ot get your full rank bonus form your Knights and a General and you're good to go.

I think it's bether to have 2 ranks ;) so 11 knight's and 1 character ;)

archers are good agains low T creatures :) and usaely they are with large numbers so to shoot a few of them is mayby a good idea :D
I would go for unit's from 10 with no comand group becouse they dont come in combat If everything works out, so they dont need it. and it's just another 100 points for ur enemey if they have a banner.

Kerill
14-09-2007, 16:06
Thats a nice balanced list, good luck with it. I would second the suggestion for a second unit of mounted yeomen.

Your Mum Rang
14-09-2007, 16:57
Well Peasants' standards don't give away VP's!!

And I am considering dropping a unit of Men at Arms for another unit of 18 Bowmen. That way they can castle around the Trebuchets whilst the Knights flank.

One of the reasons I am taking smaller units of Knights is to make the army more challenging and less point-and-click but I may eventually add them :D

I need to get home and use my book since this is from memory :P