PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Dwarf army list 2000pts

Chingonman
15-09-2007, 21:50
This is an army list I'm working on and wanted to get some feedback on, since the army list is free I don't think points values are an issue, so here it goes

1 Chaos Dwarf Lord @ 216 Pts
General; Heavy Armour
Talisman of Protection [15]
Enchanted Shield [10]
Black Hammer of Hashut [45]
Gauntlets of Bazhrakk the Cruel [20]

1 * Chaos Dwarf Hero @ 111 Pts
Great Weapon; Shield
Armour of the Furnace [45]

1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer @ 115 Pts
Magic Level 1
Dispel Scroll [25]
Dispel Scroll [25]

1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer @ 115 Pts
Magic Level 1
Dispel Scroll [25]
Dispel Scroll [25]

19 * Chaos Dwarf Warriors @ 250 Pts
Great Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician
1 Champion @ [10] Pts

20 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss @ 240 Pts
Blunderbuss; Heavy Armour

19 * Chaos Dwarf Warriors @ 250 Pts
Great Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician
1 Champion @ [10] Pts

20 Hobgoblins @ 40 Pts
20 Hobgoblins @ 40 Pts
20 Hobgoblins @ 40 Pts
20 Hobgoblins @ 40 Pts
20 Hobgoblins @ 40 Pts
20 Hobgoblins @ 40 Pts

2 Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower @ 60 Pts

1 Earthshaker @ 110 Pts
1 Earthshaker @ 110 Pts

Casting Pool: 4
Dispel Pool: 4
Models in Army: 216

Total Army Cost: 1997

Chingonman
17-09-2007, 20:38
cries ;_;.... 0 replies. No thoughts or just no interest?

radbug
18-09-2007, 07:56
Eight bolt throwers and two Earthshakers is actually quite boring to face. Four dispell scrolls is overkill, you wont need that many. Talisman of protection is typically not worth it. The 6+ ward save will not save you enough time to be worth 15 points. Six units of 20 hobgoblins will not act as anything more then a speed bump as you have nothing to use together with them. They will be in each others ways and they cant win any fights with no command nor equipment.

The versatility with chaos dwarfs is the mix of slow steadfast units, expandable units and fast hard hitting units, all supported with some war machines. Go for some bull centaurs and wolf riders or even some blorcs.

/R

BigRob
18-09-2007, 11:02
Hello,

This list confuses me as the back half says gunline, but the front half says fighty. My ideas for a classic CD gunline are:

Drop the hobgoblins, then grab a few small units of them with wolves for march blocking, war machine hunting, and maybe a couple with bows to give some cover fire. Swop the warrior Units to 2 with blunderbuss, 1 with GW, use the GW as core with the blunderbuss flanking. Boost your wizards to Lv2 and Swop the lord for a sorcerer lord and make the hero your general (he still has LD 10!). Concentrated Earthshaker fire will slow the enemy while the bolt throwers and wizards mangle the enemy army.

Going Fighty, Grab Bull Centaurs with a Centaur Hero and Warbanner. This unit is nails!. Drop the hobgoblins, speedbumps are just an extra overrun for your opponent. Hobgoblin Wolvies again patrol the flanks and hunt warmachines. Drop Bolt Throwers for a chunky block of Black Orcs who are also Nails, and maybe some sneaky gits as flankers, but beware the poor LD. Drop a sorcerer for another fighty hero, bin the blunderbuss and pack in the warriors. The remaining Earthshaker and a couple of bolt throwers provide covering fire.

Have Fun

popisdead
22-09-2007, 00:23
There is nothing fun about this army really. I would suggest dropping units of hobgoblin and adding the crutch of "no horde" Chaos Dwarfs.

Maybe two solid blocks of blunderbuss CD, some fast cav, a solid unit of Sneaky Gitz (for poison fun), 1-2 Bolt throwers, some Heavy Cav, and "an" earthshaker.

forgottenlor
23-09-2007, 15:14
This actually reminds me alot of a skaven list, with chaos dwarves. Lots of artillery, lots of expendables. I think playing a horde army might be fun, but I agree that so much artillery is not particularlly enjoyable to play against.

Festus
23-09-2007, 15:56
Hi

This list is what I would call bland, boring, and cheesy... quite an achievement to come up with a list which is all that ... and I play Chaos Dwarfs since the origins of the big hats in 4th ed...

Drop those Hobgobs, they're stupid. And don't you think that one Scroll caddy is enough? Make him lvl 2 to have a chance to actually get one spell off in the game...

Too many Boltthrowers. You have so many nice special choices, like Black Orcs, or even a Death Rocket, if you are into Wamachines.

The AotFurnace is ******, use the AoGazrakh instead, especially with a GWeapon. Drop 5 Blunderbusses, give them command to turn them into another fighting unit to plug gaps...

... there is soooo much wrong with this list, I cannot tell everything - but I daresay it is lists like this which are responsible for the bad name of Chaos Dwarfs - akin to SAD or RAF...

FEstus

metro_gnome
23-09-2007, 21:52
how unpleasent...
you should max magic in your homage to fromage...

Khorghan
24-09-2007, 00:42
2 earthshakers is key, put on on each side a wreck your oponents movement, make him cry!

BigRob
24-09-2007, 07:43
....Or....

Confuse him by having no Earthshakers, Imposssible you cry! Well a DEath Rocket is just as destructive, minus the move thing, but who needs that when you have 2 units of bull centaurs. They will make him cry:cries:

Choas Dwarves are still a great list. Looking forward to seeing your new list. :)

The SkaerKrow
25-09-2007, 06:50
Ye Gods, now I see why everyone keeps telling me that Chaos Dwarves are broken. This is a borderline WAAC list. If you and your gaming group are cool with that kind of thing, by all means, run it. But understand that it's not going to make you any friends...

Boneknight
25-09-2007, 21:55
Take 1 earth shaker, a unit bull centaurs, cenatur hero with warbanner, 2 dwarf units blunderbusses, 2 bolt throwers, 1 boy unit, 1 black orc unit, sorceror lord, lvl 2 sorceror with staff of sorcerory and a couple wolf rider units with bows, Dwarf Hero w/sword of battle and the gauntlets