PDA

View Full Version : GT List

Be Afraid
15-09-2007, 22:06
well, after a few weeks of frantic painting i have decided that i don't think i will get my Khornate chaos army ready for October 5&6th GT, and soi am now using a friend's vampire counts army;

my list as i have worked out so far is :

Necrach Vampire
lv 3
cant remember name ( bloodline power that gives you an extra magic level )
cursed book

Necromancer
lv 2
book of arkan
dispel scroll

Necromancer
lv 2
Power familier

Necromancer
lv2
staff of damnation

27 Zombies ( will contain 3 necromancers )
standard and musition

40 Zombies ( will have vampire )
standerd and musition

30 Zombies
standerd and musition

30 Zombies
standerd and musition

5 Ghouls

5 Ghouls

5 Dire Wolves
bad wolf

5 Dire Wolves
bad wolf

and i have 155 points left . . . at the moment i am thinking about either 2 small-ish units of fell bats, or some spirit hosts

with the defined list so far i intend too have the 40zombie block in the middle, flanked by a unit of ghouls on either side, and 30 zombies on either side of that, then the necromancer block will be behind the vampire's block too raise. lots. then the dogs will wither be infront of the 30zombie units, or too the side of them.

Crube
15-09-2007, 22:13
Well I know I wouldnt particularly want to face that...

I'd be inclined to go for the Fell Bats for their speed more than anything... but then the Spirit Hosts are nasty to face...

Nah, Fell Bats get my vote...

Rabban
16-09-2007, 11:22
That's a lot of magic. It might be considered unbalanced by lot of players, costing you a few tournament points. I feel it could use a little bit of combat power. Your necromancers will only be able to damage units with curse of years as they won't have line of sight for gaze of nagash. As a result you probably will only have 1 or 2 damaging spells which could be easily dispelled by most people. Raised zombies are great but they can't win combat against many units (anything with lots of attacks) even if you can negate their ranks.

I'd add a unit of blank knights for some combat power and then use zombies to support them, adding rank bonus and outnumber and destroying fleeing enemies.

warlord hack'a
16-09-2007, 11:36
is there not generally a tourney rule that prevents you from having all your 4 characters being magic users?

rexim
16-09-2007, 21:59
Your ghouls should be 9 men straog(panic and hitting power)
You need a unite of knights they rock.
Your lord should be on a horse.
IMO u should have the re-roll power on your lord, has saved many matches for me.
2 groups of 3 fell bats is best for warmashine hunting.

I would:
drop all your zombie blocks to 25 pers, saving u about 160 points,
and then get, 8 ghouls, 6 felbats, and mount your lord.
Then i would think over if it not would be a good idea to get the re-roll power and one more blood power insteed of book.

EvC
16-09-2007, 22:16
Why bother with the Staff of Damnation- your victory plan will not actually involve your Zombie horde killing anything, after all.

Azmazi
16-09-2007, 22:23
I'm with rexim, I think you should get the reroll power and the extra spell power over the book for the Count, main reason is that extra spell means you could get something better...because nothing is worse than rolling a 1,2,3 on the necromancy chart...actually ever rolling a 2 is bad...(God thats the worst spell I think in the game...but for a spell lore thats rape..I guess we had to balance it out some way.) I would also drop the staff of damnation and give that one a spell familiar, also to increase your spell chances. Also look into giving another one of them a dispel scroll as it never hurts to have two.

Also...DO NOT put all 3 necro's in the same UNIT!! Are you insane!!?? So what you're saying is you like the idea of every war machine dropping templates on that unit to kill off the necromancers? Space them out in each unit, this way he cannot concentate fire to drop your spell dice and characters.

Be Afraid
16-09-2007, 22:42
hmm, thats what i thought before playing the list with my army, also, theis is only a minor variation too a list that came in top 15 last year. atm i am thinking i will probally swap dogs for 2x3 fell bats

Be Afraid
17-09-2007, 23:57
hmm, i have finalised my list *i think*

Necrarch Count.
Cursed Book;
Nehekhara's Noble Blood.

Necromancer
lv 2
book of arkan
dispel scroll

Necromancer
lv 2
Power familier

Necromancer
lv2
staff of damnation

22 Zombies ( will contain 3 necromancers )

39 Zombies ( will have vampire )
standerd and musition

30 Zombies
standerd and musition

30 Zombies
standerd and musition

11 Zombies ( will be raised for 1st turn or 2 )
standard and musition

11 Zombies ( will be raised for 1st turn or 2 )
standard and musition

5 Ghouls

5 Ghouls

5 Dire Wolves
doom wolf

5 Dire Wolves
doom wolf

Banshee

15 units, 8 dispel dice ( and a scroll ), 12 power dice ( + 2 bound spells ), 168 modles, 1,998 points

Belerophon709
18-09-2007, 00:25
Looks yummie to me :D

CarlostheCraven
18-09-2007, 04:04
Hi

First - that's a lot of Zombies - how many do you have as a raisable reserve? - in a GT setting, I would not count on my opponent being okay with using dice. You are starting with 143 zombies - and I would want another 100 or so in reserve, given your obvious strategy.

I would consider rolling back on the Zombies - the two small units are hardly necessary.

Fell bats really are very useful for war machine hunting. Two units of three, as recommended necessary are not bad, although one good round of shooting or one bad round of combat can really hurt. I like units of 5 - this also gives you the US necessary for crossfire.

A single spirit host could be tremendously useful - they are a simply fabulous tar pit against units of knights without much by way of static combat res - say 4 khornate chaos knights with no upgrades. Given the drawbacks of frenzy, and your level of magic dominance, this is an easy goal to achieve. At worst, the host acts as an area denial unit against these types of cav units.

Doom wolves - AKA bad wolves - are not worth investing in - use the same 10 points to buy another wolf instead.

As for the banshee - I tend to take one and a black coach, but both are really there for fluff rather than competitiveness - your points could probably be better spent elsewhere - like the bats or spirit host.

Regards,
Carlos the Craven

Azmazi
18-09-2007, 05:04
I have to agree with Craven on a few points on this.
1st JESUS CHRIST that is a lot of zombies...lol
2nd Yes you should at least run 5 bats, due to shooting, as he said...nothing like getting against some bad shooting and watching them go down.
3rd I wouldn't go with just a single base, but min. 2 bases. I used mine last game to deny a charge on my block of 20 grave guard vs lizardmen, blocked that carnosaur and a block of saurs, and afterwards I used it to deny a flank charge on my BK's by placing them directly beside it, they are amazingly useful for this tactic and for holding down units.
4th. Yes doom wolf is bad..unless its a 4k game and you just don't care...
5th Banshee is VERY situtational and due to that I wouldn't use it with a GT list.