PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for high elf army

corben_da
30-08-2005, 15:52
Hi.
I'm making a high elf army and id would like to make riding-chariot army that shoots well and uses lots of magic. Any ideas how i should do it, so that i will get balanced army yet powerful? I don't like the idea of using walking troops because all other armies that i have are mostly walking..
2000pts is the size of the army that i'm going to make.

ElfGuy
30-08-2005, 19:41
How about this...

390 Points~
Archmage, Level 4, Silver Wand, Dispel Scroll, Dispel Scroll, Tiranoc Chariot

265 Points~
Mage, Level 2, Pure of Heart, Jewel of the Dusk, Ring of Corin, Tiranoc Chariot

165 Points~
Commander, Great Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield, Tiranoc Chariot

165 Points~
Commander, Great Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield, Tiranoc Chariot

115 Points~
5 Silver Helms, Shields, Heavy Armour

115 Points~

115 Points~

198 Points~
5 Dragon Princes, Standard Bearer, Banner of Sorcery

170 Points~
2 Tiranoc Chariot

200 Points~
2 Repeater Bolt Thrower

100 Points~
2 Great Eagle

1998 Points Total

It is really, really difficult to make a balanced chariot army with heavy magic, good shooting and no infantry while remaining competative. I made a solid list with all your requirements but I doubt it would be considered balanced. You simply need foot troops to call yourself a balanced list.

corben_da
31-08-2005, 04:33
I have been thinking of using more horses.. Maybe i would put one character on chariot and others on horses.. But thanks for that list it will guide me :)

Nathaniel
31-08-2005, 05:46
Thats quite a solid list, if anyone calls you cheesy or beardy ignore them.

As long as you follow the rules properly you aren't being cheesy, they are just being immature. An all cav army is something you should be able to do without being called cheesy.

Eldacar
31-08-2005, 06:52
All-cav isn't cheesy. Capitalising on your strengths and not bothering to theme your army is cheesy.

But as to this army, a similar one, I believe, won a UK or US GT. It had eight Tiranoc Chariots, 4 Eagles, a Commander, lots of mages, and barebones 5-man SH as Core. I should really look it up sometime, it was probably the most solid/powergaming list I've ever seen.

corben_da
31-08-2005, 18:41
Sounds pretty powerful army to me. Meaning that tournament army. Yet i wouldn't want to use so many chariots but couple i'm going to buy :) id would like to make cool themed army of fast high elf army that relies on magic and speed. I don't want to be called cheezy for making army that is different compared to other armies that i have and what i think would be interesting :)

shadowprince
31-08-2005, 22:43
don't worry about the being called cheezy, hell go for what ever you want, and its tough in my opinion to theme your high elfs

Lord Anathir
01-09-2005, 00:31
even if high elves max out on all the goodies, they are still nowhere nearlyas powerful as some other armies.

However, be aware that your games might become a little boring after a while, especially with all cav. just a note.

corben_da
01-09-2005, 06:21
Thing about why i want cav-army is that i dont have any and i dont want to make bretonnia! My gaming friends will accept my army i think. Yet i believe that in 3k sized army will have something cool that is different from 2k. I will post one army list here within couple of days so that everyone can add comments about it. But thanks for advices :)