PDA

View Full Version : Rules Questions:

Slaaneshi Ice Cream
16-09-2007, 06:14
I have some rules questions from a game I played today.

1. Do terror-causing models need to make a courage test to charge terror-causing models?

2. If spearmen supporting another model are not in combat, does that mean they cannot be killed in that combat?

The SkaerKrow
16-09-2007, 09:03
1. As far as I've been able to tell, yes. Which doesn't make much sense, and is something my group has house-ruled.

2. He cannot be killed as a result of the combat unless the victorious unit has a specific special rule that states that it also affects models supporting in combat (e.g. Sauron).

Cal585
17-09-2007, 10:33
1. It actually DOES make sense. Just because something causes terror to the enemy, doesn't mean that they are fearless. An example could be Gandalf facing the Witch King at Minas Tirith. Gandalf can cause terror (magic) but could still have reason to pause against the Witch King.

2. Spear models are never involved in the combat, only giving the combatant a bonus attack. This means that they can also be shot at. The only exceptions are specifically mentioned in a special rule (like Sauron)

Kroot Lord
17-09-2007, 17:26
1. The terror model is very scary to others, and he is very scared of a big Dwarf (durin)/maiar(Sauron)/Mumak/dead guy (spectres, barrow wights, nazgul etc)

2 He isn't part of a combat- so you may shoot at a supporting spear/pike armed model, and if calling a heroic fight with a hero who is supported by a spear the spear armed model may not move (and a hero who s supporting may also not call an heroic fight).

BTW- Cal585, guess who this is. My name starts with a D and is 5 letters.

Cal585
18-09-2007, 13:37
BTW- Cal585, guess who this is. My name starts with a D and is 5 letters.

D_ _ _ n - CoS?

Kroot Lord
18-09-2007, 14:09
Yar (Dylan)

Cal585
19-09-2007, 08:21
:o You said the name which must not be spoken :wtf:

Anyway, I don't want to hijack the thread too much.

P.S. Nice meeting you :p