PDA

View Full Version : Kill Teams

Macrus
16-09-2007, 10:36
I going to start kill teams, and im going to use space marines as my kill team force.

So i was wondering what sort of stuff would i give my sapce marines.

Thanks for the help.

Macrus

Macrus
16-09-2007, 20:02
Anyone

Macrus

Jade_Dragon
16-09-2007, 20:15
I guess it depends on what you mean by "stuff"?

Weapons, wargear etc.. I'm assuming. I think your best place to start is to go out and get the space marines codex if you don't have it already as it lists all of that information.

Greatoliver
16-09-2007, 21:23
I guess it depends on what you mean by "stuff"?

Weapons, wargear etc.. I'm assuming. I think your best place to start is to go out and get the space marines codex if you don't have it already as it lists all of that information.

Seconded.

You need "x" points worth of Space Marines limited by the KT rules. Make them fluffy and you won't have to ask what to have.

Frep
16-09-2007, 21:41
I suggest you go for the B-Grade action movie look, heavily converted bolters a cigar chompin' sargeant, pyromaniac flamer guy and a really big and mean heavy bolter trooper.

gorenut
17-09-2007, 00:37
I've also just started with Kill Teams, except with Tau. I think the first and more important thing for Kill Teams is to find good players. I think Kill Teams, more than any other GW games, really requires players who are fair and lenient, plus overall just want to have a good time. Example, my Kill Team breaks like 4 immutable laws because it's a team of 5 Stealth Suits with 4 Burst Cannons. The plus side for my opponent is that he'll have a hell of a lot more brutes and his boss will be decked out like crazy.. but it's just flexible things like this that requires the game to have players just looking to have fun.

As far as Space Marines specifically, one box of tac marines will start you off nicely. If you have the right opponents, go ahead and break some of the laws to have a team that you'll like and have fun with.. just know there'll be concequences and your opponent will have a stronger force too.

Belisarius
17-09-2007, 01:23
A few ideas for you
A squad of scouts with sniper rifles using the silencer kit works well for assasination.
A squad of scouts decked out for hand to hand with a vet sarge with combi weapon/ powerweapon.
a veteran squad decked out for hand to hand using the backstabbers kit.
Just a few ideas for you.