PDA

View Full Version : GT House Rules pack published

EvC
16-09-2007, 18:02
A list of houserules for the UKGT has been published:

http://warhammerworld.typepad.com/warhammer_world_news/files/microsoft_word_warhammer_fantasy_battle_grand_tour nament_2007_v1.3.pdf

Although there's always things that go unanswered, they've answered a lot of questions perfectly. Highlights:
1) Wood Elves get their free wood
2) Slann BSBs do not add +1CR like other BSBs when in the second rank
3) Thorek gets a single re-roll for the Ancient Power per game (phew!)
3a) The Anvil is specifically called a shooting attack- hopefully no-one will try and blast my Banshee with it now!
4) No Albion items

Hope that these decisions eventually make it into a more official FAQ...

T10
16-09-2007, 19:35
The editing a bit wonky, but then again it's nice to see that they are actually adressing questions they have received.

-T10

EvC
16-09-2007, 19:40
Far fewer spelling corrections/ dodgy grammar in the Fantasy FAQ than the 40K FAQ as well, let me tell you ;)

Sherlocko
16-09-2007, 19:42
Q: Morghur, Master of the Skulls is immune to missile and magical attacks unless the opponent is within 12” but I cannot see any way of him avoiding being killed stone dead on turn one every time by the Rune of Wrath and Ruin.
A:I’m not sure what the question is here, so no answer I’m afraid.

Nice there by GW. :)

Festus
16-09-2007, 21:26
Hi

Yes, as Morghur cannot even be targetted by the Rune... :rolleyes:

Festus

Tutore
17-09-2007, 13:59
2) Slann BSBs do not add +1CR like other BSBs when in the second rank

This is very important indeed, since it has been debated.

Bloodknight
17-09-2007, 14:41
No DoW and CD because they don't have a book and would be at an advantage because of it because people might not know it? For ****'s sake, the army lists for these armies are free downloads instead of 20€ books..., what are people more likely to know :wtf:?

Jan Skarthen
17-09-2007, 14:51
IMO it is a disgrace the way GW is treating their customers in one breath "We grew fat and lazy on the back of easy success. We forgot about customer service and forgot that hard work is and always has been the route to success." Tom Kirby Chairman CEO GW 2006-07 Annual Report Chairman's preamble. Then the first chance they get to alienate another group of customers they bar two armies from their GT. Sometimes I wonder if GW has some communication issues between their various depts.

http://investor.games-workshop.com/latest_results/Results2007/full_year/preamble2007.aspx
(source of Tom Kirby quote)

Sherlocko
17-09-2007, 15:12
No DoW and CD because they don't have a book and would be at an advantage because of it because people might not know it? For ****'s sake, the army lists for these armies are free downloads instead of 20€ books..., what are people more likely to know :wtf:?

To be honest, they also say one of the reasons is that the rules for CD and DoW are out-of-date and there might have a point there. The CD-list are full of stuff wich need fixing before it can be used at a tourney, even though I myself is building an army anyway.

gortexgunnerson
17-09-2007, 16:03
On the morgur being hit by the anvil their is a list of rules that stop this from being the case and I actually agree with the GT response of their isnt really a question their.

Rule: Morgur cant be hit by missile or magic from more then 12".

Q: Why cant my magic missile from the other side of the board kill him automatically every time

Ans: have you read the rules?

All in all is nice they try to bring in peoples concerns, we all know that the rule book cannot be all encompassing and in high level games the game often turns on the smallest specific.

Bloodknight
17-09-2007, 16:54
To be honest, they also say one of the reasons is that the rules for CD and DoW are out-of-date and there might have a point there.

Basically that counts for Woodelves, Dark Elves, Skaven, Tomb Kings, Vampire Counts etc., none of which have "current" army books, but are still stuck in 6th edition - even Dwarfs have no current army list by that reasoning. The only special rules in the DoW list are pikes and the paymaster's panic rule. The CD list being slightly strange I understand after playing against them, but still they're not hard to know.

Meh, I am pissed off.

T10
17-09-2007, 16:58
Ogre Kingdoms, and Wood Elves and Dwarfs are said to have been published with 7th ed. in mind, you know.

-T10

Bloodknight
17-09-2007, 17:10
According to my 40K experience the stuff with edition xy in mind has to get redone the fastest because it doesn't work well in either edition ;).

Just kidding.

Sherlocko
17-09-2007, 20:29
So you are willing to play with Chaos Dwarfs with no magic items(there is no note of the characters being able to take magic items in the PDF) and bull centaurs having options they can´t even use? Sure, the books you listed are not made for 7th edition but at least they are not RH.

Festus
17-09-2007, 20:41
So you are willing to play with Chaos Dwarfs with no magic items(there is no note of the characters being able to take magic items in the PDF) and bull centaurs having options they can´t even use? Sure, the books you listed are not made for 7th edition but at least they are not RH.
In my copy of the Rules (Yes, the printed RH, I do not have such problems, as the rules for Magic Itmes are all there :)

... and I would never take Bull Centaurs in a tourney, if the Earthshaker is so *groundshakingly* good! :D

Festus

Jan Skarthen
17-09-2007, 20:55

I think the issue people have is that they were able to participate every other year, that magic item issue is a no brainer just apply the rules as for about 90% of all other forces: lord level characters up to 100pts and hero level up to 50pts.

What options can't bull centaurs use? Can have an additional hand weapon instead of great weapon or can upgrade lt armour to heavy?

the Chaos Dwarf online community si ever growing it seems and the stuff on ebay sells at good prices so people collect it...maybe that is the problem there are too many CD armies out there that the owners never directly paid GW a penny for.

AFAIK neither army has hardly set the GT circuit alight so why disallow them this year?

WLBjork
18-09-2007, 01:03
Can't use 2 HW, as they are Cavalry and hence "Mounted".

feeder
18-09-2007, 01:32
Can I use Ogre DoW from the OK book? The rules pack says "no DoW" but always references the now-OOP DoW list. Since the OK book is current, the 'unfair advantage' excuse is out the window.

EvC
18-09-2007, 11:27
What? No, no Dogs of War at all. Ogre DoW are still DoW, and DoW are banned. Simple.

Tili
18-09-2007, 11:59
A list of houserules for the UKGT has been published:

http://warhammerworld.typepad.com/warhammer_world_news/files/microsoft_word_warhammer_fantasy_battle_grand_tour nament_2007_v1.3.pdf

3a) The Anvil is specifically called a shooting attack- hopefully no-one will try and blast my Banshee with it now!

It sais in that file the anvil inflicts D6 magical attacks, so banshee is going bye-bye ...

Atrahasis
18-09-2007, 12:01
The banshee rules also say they cannot be targeted by things that cannot target characters, and the anvil cannot target characters.

Tili
18-09-2007, 12:53
No, she has the same targeting restriction from the like of characters. But there are none with the 7th edition rules. Its the exact same thing with skaven weapon teams.

Atrahasis
18-09-2007, 13:02
Sigh.

"A Banshee is treated as a single character on foot for movement and when targeted by missiles."

The Anvil cannot target single characters on foot, ergo it cannot target a Banshee, which is treated as a single character on foot. The Anvil will not be able to target weapons teams within 3" of their parent unit for the same reason.

Jan Skarthen
18-09-2007, 14:27
Can't use 2 HW, as they are Cavalry and hence "Mounted".

Th Beasts of Chaos Rulebook imho explains just this rule in respect of centigors they are essentially treated as cav except don't gain +1 armour save, and can use add hw or hw+shield bonus as if on foot whilst getting cav bonus for spears.

Again common sense would indicate that Bull Centaurs would follow these rules as I would imagine they would be applied to all Centauroids!

Xavier
18-09-2007, 14:31
I'm with Atrahasis' interpretation on this one, the restriction from the Rune, in the Dwarf book made for 7th ed, clearly has a limitation of targetting 'characters on foot', which by the rules of their releveant army books applies to banshee's and weapons teams.

metro_gnome
18-09-2007, 17:18
Th Beasts of Chaos Rulebook imho explains just this rule in respect of centigors they are essentially treated as cav except don't gain +1 armour save, and can use add hw or hw+shield bonus as if on foot whilst getting cav bonus for spears.

Again common sense would indicate that Bull Centaurs would follow these rules as I would imagine they would be applied to all Centauroids!
common sense would dictate that the models treat HWs as tho on foot like centigors... yes...
it would also dictate that it would treat other weapons (spears/GW) as tho cavalry... yes...

but the rules dictate something different...
and so cannot be resolved for the purposes of the UK GT...
the US GT has its own solution... they are infantry... which is not the same as yours...
the UK GT has its own solution... ban the army till such a thing can be resolved...

Deathjester
18-09-2007, 23:57
I don't see why they are addressing some of these issues....

I don't see how they can be a problem....

Thorek only gets one re-roll / game......
Morgur can't be targetted by magic missiles......

Who cares? You can't use either of them anyway as they are not available as an option in the Character (Lord or Hero) section of the army book, as required to use special characters by the inital rules pack!

Seriously why did they bother answering such questions.....

Mind you it's not as bad as the 40k one!

Atrahasis
19-09-2007, 00:00
Special characters are allowed as long as they appear in the army book, regardless of whether they appear in the character section.

Seriously why do you bother posting this tripe?

Deathjester
19-09-2007, 00:05
Special characters are allowed as long as they appear in the army book, regardless of whether they appear in the character section.

Seriously why do you bother posting this tripe?

Heh, i recommend that you actually check the rules pack before posting "this tripe"

Special characters from the appropriate army books may be used
providing they feature in the list of permitted Warhammer Armies
printed in the ‘Selecting an Army’ section.

Atrahasis
19-09-2007, 00:40
Well, you're wrong on two counts.

1. The quote you provide doesn't mean what you think it means. When it says "providing they feature in the list of permitted Warhammer Armies", "they" is the army book, and the "list of permiitted Warhammer Armies" is the list in the rulespack.

2. From the FAQ which you have obviously not read before claiming it is a waste of time:

Q. Exactly which special characters are allowed? Is it just the special characters from the new
orc and goblin, and the new empire army books or is
Special characters like Thorek allowed?
A. Any special character that is found in an army book, that doesn’t require an opponent’s permission to use, is fair game as far as the GT is concerned."

Keep digging, you'll get yourself out of the hole, honest.

Deathjester
19-09-2007, 00:52
That's rather upsetting, as i bought my ticket based on the fact that a) the quote which i gave (is now) very misleading for anyone who hasn't found the house rules (which isn't exactly the easiest thing to find), and b) based on what Phil Kelly said about last years tournament, and the fact that they wouldn't be allowing special characters this year.

Although as i said it's not quite as rediculous as the Escalation ruling in the 40k one!