PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar ranks

chrome_ghoul
16-09-2007, 20:39
Hi there.
Can anyone enlighten me as to where "hierarch" sits in the dark eldar ranking system. reading the (very!) limited fluff in the DE codex, this title caught my eye.
So far as I know the ranks are......

Warrior(Ordianary Kabal members)
Sybarite(Unit leaders)
Dracon(Middle ranked Kabal members)
Archon(high ranked Kabal members)

Presumably there are titles for the leader(s) of a kabal , but I don't think they have ever been mentioned.

The_Outsider
16-09-2007, 21:51
You get Incubi which are the personal retinue to the Archon/Dracons. IIRC Incubi are a aspect/cult within themselves.

Haemonculous are akin to librarians/chaplains in a SM chapter thus are typically outside of the normal ranks.

Wych's are often on barely within a Kabal power structure as a wych cult is an entirely different organisation than a kabal - I like to think of them akin to mercenaries.

Other than that there isn't much written.

Though I'd imagine Kabals are much like a chaos warband - shaped to the tastes of the particular leader thus they have no definitive hierarchy.

Iracundus
16-09-2007, 22:11
At least in the particular Kabal where it is mentioned, that rank seems to be above Dracon. The old assassinated one seemed to function purely in an advisory role to the Kabal leader, rather than leading raids like the Dracon. But other than that, there's little hard evidence for anything else since DE material is so sparse.