PDA

View Full Version : Oh GOD! It's happened again.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
16-09-2007, 22:42
Tonight, between tormenting the Dog, trying to watch The Descent, being drooled on by forementioned pooch, I have also be perusing the new Chaos Codex.

I know, I know, at the age of 27, with some 16 of them in the Hobby, I should know better than to go reading strange Codecies. But what I can say? I'm a sucker for it! And yes, once again, the idea for a new and interesting army has fermented in my foetid imagination!

Ahem, I give you.....NURGLES PLAGUE WIND! (thrrrrrp)

Basically, I was taken aback at just how accurate deep striking is for Chaos, what with the sheer number of Icons kicking around. Now I'm not a big fan of this normally, due to the having to stand around, but I decided to compute what sort of army this might be.

Obviously, I plumped for Nurgle. Not only will the additional point of Toughness on the stuff deep striking aid in their survival somewhat, but I think the theory of a large threat (stuff arriving after game start) from tiny spores (2 troops and a unit of Bikes) also suits the style of old Bogeynose.

Essentially, I'll be taking 2 units of Plague Marines (who are seemingly unkillable, barring a run in with a Battlecannon type thing, in which case, they remain, like everyone else, all soft and squishy after all!) mounted in Rhinos, with a Meltagun in each squad, and a Combi-Melta on the champ, and a bike squad of 3 with 2 melta, Champ and whatnots. These will generally rev around getting in the enemies face, relying on either stupendous toughness (bikes!) or sheer lack of nervous system (everyone else) to stick around until the hired help shows up along with their big brothers.

The second, third, fourth (depending on how the summoning goes!) waves will be a Nurgle Sorceror leading 5 Champion Terminators, with Lightning Claws, and Combi-Weapons, a Chaos Lord much the same (needless to say all characters will be in Termie armour as well) and maybe a unit of Obliterators (I luv them I does!)

All in all, I'm looking at developing this into a 2,000 point force so theres likely to be some points left over, which I might use to invest in 2 5 man Havoc squads with a couple of Meltaguns, and a couple of Flamers, again mounted in Rhinos. Dunno how much moolah it's going to set me back, but hopefully my attention won't wane on this project.....

Why do they do this to me? Surely there must be some law against it?

marv335
16-09-2007, 22:48
I feel your pain,
I'm looking at 1000pts of Fabius Bile led goodness

Mad Doc Grotsnik
16-09-2007, 22:49
I have to expunge this from my system, and commit a list to paper. Will post it up (in the appropriate forum) laterer on, with a bit of linky-winky to this thread so people can see what I'm on about.

The_Patriot
16-09-2007, 22:50
Why do they do this to me? Surely there must be some law against it?

Because they know that MDG would be the prime candidate to buy all new models. Nope and there isn't a law against selling your soul to the debil either. :D

Acolyte of Bli'l'ab
16-09-2007, 22:50
haha, awesome. Thats a cool idea though! the new dex inspired me to do Fecal Nurgle-marines (renegades) myself :D lots of "brown" colourscheme ;)

killa kan kaus
17-09-2007, 02:23
I have a friend who plays nurgle plague wind when ever he is in small spaces if you catch my drift.

Darkseer
17-09-2007, 05:52
So you haven't embraced zombies then?

If you play Nurgle you've just gotta have zombies! At least a thousand...

mistformsquirrel
17-09-2007, 06:32
haha, awesome. Thats a cool idea though! the new dex inspired me to do Fecal Nurgle-marines (renegades) myself :D lots of "brown" colourscheme ;)

What a crappy idea.

... *rimshot* >.>

dcikgyurt
17-09-2007, 09:08
The new plague marines and nurgle biker rules are sweet. I can see a lot of death guard and nurgle themed renegades coming soon.

Good luck with the project.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
17-09-2007, 23:59
And it's infectious too....

I gibbered with my flat mate when he got in, and now he's going all Tzeentchian again!