PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Munitorum Manual

marv335
16-09-2007, 22:43
I picked this little book up at the weekend,
Written by Graham McNeil
Same format as "the imperial infantrymans uplifting primer"
Its an excellent read.
It reads just like a military manual (I did 15 years in the military, I know what I'm talking about here)
Subjects include;
how to requisition kit,
how to maintain kit,
the equipment of the imperial guardsman,
handy forms for ordering equipment and the correct manner of completion.
punishments for damage to equipment
and so on.
a nice book for all the IG players out there.

BTW, the punishment for using Munitorum equipment to commit suicide is to be shot!

Brother Enok
16-09-2007, 23:20
How much does it cost Marv?

Grimbad
17-09-2007, 00:05
BTW, the punishment for using Munitorum equipment to commit suicide is to be shot!

I've always imagined commissars shooting soldiers for dying without permission.

Quentin
17-09-2007, 01:02
Hope you guys don't mind I sig you. Those lines are so funny they need to be shared with everyone. :D

I've heard good things about the Munitorum manual, and the Guardsman primer book.

Here's a sample, if anyone's interested. Very interesting section dealing with how to effectively employ mortars.

Manual Sample (http://www.blacklibrary.com/pdf/artbooks/muni-manual.pdf)

CELS
17-09-2007, 01:15
Graham McNeil? *shudders* That guy makes Dan Abnett seem like a 'fluff'-expert by comparison. I'm still haunted by his IA: Raven Guard article. Hopefully, he has learned his lesson since then!

Grimbad
17-09-2007, 03:31
OMG I'm in a sig!
I read the excerpts on the black library website a while ago and it looked pretty good.

Easy E
17-09-2007, 10:16
"While instances of friendly troops being shelled by mortar platoons is impossible (all claims to the contrary should be addressed to Regimental Commisars)...."

Class