PDA

View Full Version : Need help making a O&G list V's VC

empireguard
17-09-2007, 00:35
Ok some of you may have read this thread

http://warseer.com/forums/fantasy-general-discussion/101644-online-warhammer-not-warhammer-online-2.html

So I need a 2150pt list.

I have played against O&G before but never played as them. I am quite capable of making a list myself I already have one or two in the works. However I would also love some advise and also some sample lists around 2150pts if you have any. I want the list to be very balanced and have lots of tactical options, as Iím more interested in learning and teaching other people than winning.

The main thing I need help with is picking characters as being an empire player I havenít had much experience with Heroís/lordís that are actually good in combat LOL.

Anyway help will be appreciated thanks Empireguard

soots
17-09-2007, 01:01
Big Night Gobbo Units with static combat pts and netters (prolly avoid fanatics)
A general thats there to hold the line with LD rather than a mincing machine.
Lots of Savage orcs.
2x2 Pump Wagons
4 spearchukas - Try and smash the blacknights if u see them.
Lots of dispel dice.

Avoid the vampire and his unit until the end if possible. You should walk over the rest of his army.

Bernardinatti
17-09-2007, 13:26
I both play and play against the Orcs quite regularly. Personally i have never found use for a gobbo army. As far as i am concerned (and this is naturally my OWN opinion) the only goblins you should ever use in an army is wolf riders, the goblin war machines or the night goblins completely un-upgraded...they're only for what i call the FDS (Fanatic Delivery system). A potential army list would be:

BO warboss on wyvern
+ ulags ak'krit axe, enchanted shield, warboss ums best boss at and imbads iron gnashers. (I just love these items on my warboss + wyvern makes him a real danger and psychological killer)

2 orc shamans (easier spells to get off)
1 gobbo shaman (give you variety in spells and i give him staff of sneaky stealin)

2 savage boys, 1 savage big uns with morks spirit totem (extra dispel to stop extra skeltons)
1 giant
1 spear chukka
1 rock lobba

i believe this presents a relativly balanced army in my opinion and against vamps should work well because apart from the war machines fear will do nothing against this army (excluding lost combat with the savage boys)

warlord hack'a
17-09-2007, 16:04
well I am sorry to promote my own list but as you say you want to have a flexible list and preferably also able to handle VC, you might be looking for something like this, though you will have to drop 100 points as this is a 2250 list..:

Black orc warboss; boar, hvy armour, shield, ulag akkrit axe, umms hat, Ironback boar @244 pts
Black orc big boss; BSB, boar, hvy armour Morks spirit totem. @180 pts
Goblin big boss; wolf, light armour, shield, wollopa's one hit wunda. @66pts
Night goblin shaman; dispel scroll, mad cap mushrooms @95 pts

Core:
22 svg orc big uns; standard, musician, spear, choppa @301 pts
22 svg orcs; FC, spear, choppa @228 pts
29 night goblins; nets, HW, shield, 2 fanatics @172 pts
24 night goblins; HW, shield @72 pts
20 night goblins; hw, shortbows, 3 fanatics @135 pts

2 * 5 wolfriders; musician, spear, LA, hw @ 71 pts per unit
2 * 5 spiderriders; musician, spear, shield, hw @ 71 pts per unit

Special:
2 * orc boar chariot; choppa, spear @ 80 points per unit
5 svg orc boar boyz; spear, shield, FC @163 pts
2 * goblin spear chukka @ 35 pts per unit

Rare:
1 regular troll @40 pts
Snotling pump wagon @40 pts

powerdice: 3, dispel dice:6
163 models (counting fanatics) in army in 15 deployment steps

empireguard
18-09-2007, 13:33
thank for the help I have made the list I'll post it later

Goldenwolf
18-09-2007, 22:55
One thing you may want to try if teaching beginners is Orcs vs Empire. The 2 armies of VC and Orcs both have special rules that the Empire doesn't really have to deal with.

soots
19-09-2007, 00:56
Personally, 20-24 sized units wont do it vs VC with OGs. Really need to make sure you're outnumbering him.

empireguard
19-09-2007, 01:03
I would have preferred Empire, being an Empire vet myself but the two armies were picked at random. However itís not just for beginners it's a way to comment on and to show in game tactics on a forum.

For example when I make a mistake (and I will) the vets can leave comments on what would have been a better strategy. while when I do something well (it could happen :D) the beginners can learn from it

Goldenwolf
19-09-2007, 03:27
So where is the other forum? :)

fubukii
19-09-2007, 07:08
id run the following in 2150 for orcs

2000 Pts - Orcs & Goblins Roster - Unnamed

Big Boss (1#, 164 Pts)
1 Black Orc Big Boss (Battle Standard Bearer) @ 164 Pts
Quell Animosity; Size Matters - Black Orcs; Armed to da Teef; Heavy Armor; Battle Standard Bearer
1 Mork's Spirit Totem (extra dispel dice yey)

Big Boss (1#, 121 Pts)
1 Black Orc Big Boss @ 121 Pts
Quell Animosity; Size Matters - Black Orcs; Armed to da Teef; Heavy Armor; Shield
1 Bigged's Kickin' Boots

Great Shaman (1#, 310 Pts)
1 Orc Great Shaman @ 310 Pts
General; Size Matters - Orcs; Level 4 Upgrade; Choppa
1 Dispel Scroll
1 Warboss Umm's Best Big Boss's 'At
1 Horn of Urgok

Shaman (1#, 145 Pts)
1 Orc Shaman @ 145 Pts
Size Matters - Orcs; Level 2 Upgrade; Choppa
1 Dispel Scroll
1 Nibbla's 'Itty Ring

Boyz Mob (24#, 294 Pts)
23 Orc Big'Uns @ 294 Pts
Size Matters - Orcs; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Choppa; Extra Hand Weapon; Light Armor; Animosity
1 Orc Boss
Choppa; Extra Hand Weapon; Light Armor

Boyz Mob (24#, 174 Pts)
23 Orc Boyz @ 174 Pts
Size Matters - Orcs; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Choppa; Light Armor; Shield; Animosity
1 Orc Boss
Choppa; Light Armor; Shield

Boyz Mob (24#, 174 Pts)
23 Orc Boyz @ 174 Pts
Size Matters - Orcs; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Choppa; Light Armor; Shield; Animosity
1 Orc Boss

Boyz Mob (24#, 174 Pts)
23 Orc Boyz @ 174 Pts
1 Orc Boss

Squad (1#, 40 Pts)
1 Snotling Pump Wagon @ 40 Pts
Immune to Psychology; Stubborn

Squad (1#, 40 Pts)

Squad (1#, 40 Pts)

Squad (1#, 40 Pts)

Shooty Things (5#, 40 Pts)
1 Goblin Spear Chukka @ 40 Pts
1 Orc Bully
Size Matters - Orcs; Choppa; Light Armor
3 Goblin Crew
Size Matters - Goblins; Hand Weapon; Fear Elves

1 Orc Bully
3 Goblin Crew

1 Orc Bully
3 Goblin Crew

Goblin Mob (20#, 64 Pts)
20 Goblins @ 64 Pts
Size Matters - Goblins; Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Light Armor; Animosity; Fear Elves

Goblin Mob (20#, 64 Pts)
20 Goblins @ 64 Pts
Size Matters - Goblins; Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Light Armor; Animosity; Fear Elves

Goblin Mob (20#, 64 Pts)
20 Goblins @ 64 Pts

Squig Herd (10#, 60 Pts)
6 Night Goblin Squig Herd @ 60 Pts
Animosity; Hate Dwarves; Immune to Psychology
4 Night Goblins @ [0] Pts
Size Matters - Goblins; Hand Weapon; Fear Elves; Hate Dwarves; Immune to Psychology

Squig Herd (10#, 60 Pts)
6 Night Goblin Squig Herd @ 60 Pts
Animosity; Hate Dwarves; Immune to Psychology
4 Night Goblins @ [0] Pts
Size Matters - Goblins; Hand Weapon; Fear Elves; Hate Dwarves; Immune to Psychology

use the goblins to redirect his Regiment blocks, pump wagons and squigs add a bit of extra combat punch to the army (as a added plus they imune to pysc). Vc normally run a strong magic phase but once again no problem here (you will be loaded with DD 8 dd to be exact, plus 2 scrolls :)) With 8pd and 2 bound spells you can fight back a bit in the magic phase as well. Both black orc characters add some hitting power to the units. Even if he somehow manages to outnumber you i dont see how he would be winning combats. Just make sure to hit his necros with brainbuster, and attack them every chance u get in close combat, depending on the bloodline it may be a good idea to brain busta the general as well (strigoi and von carestin will be a bit more resistant to this as they both probably have regeneration and a ward save, but go for it vs the other vamps or master necros!)

Goldenwolf
20-09-2007, 06:47
You need to have at least 30 Gobbos in a unit, and those Squig Herds should be combined. Otherwise it looks ok.

fubukii
20-09-2007, 07:13
The goblins are just there to redirect units, just like skaven slaves, the extra 10 models would be a waste, and since they dont need ranks to sustain a leader ship at all. The squigs are flanking units having a unit of 30 would be a disaster, so many models wasted. when u can just get a few on the flanks for 10 str 5 attacks.