PDA

View Full Version : Wizards Based IG army

sunhawk88
17-09-2007, 00:32
hey everyone i m making a guard army to dink around with, and im basing it off of Necron 99 from Wizards, and im wanting some input on doctrines to take
heres what i was thinking

Cyber Enhancement: because hes a robot
Sharpshooters: because hes a trained assassin (sorry fot the spelling)
Xenos Mounts& Rough Riders: because of the wierd horse thing he rides
Veterans: no real reason it just seemed right to have it :)

so any ideas or POSITIVE criticism is welcome :)

JimmyP0567
17-09-2007, 01:43
Maybe if you could provide us with a bit more information on your armys background (or fluff) then we could help you out.

sunhawk88
17-09-2007, 02:00
ok im just now working on the background. the 99th nalfram are from a world with abundant resources but was origianlly lowtech. then came the archenemy who laid siege to the world. the Adeptus Mechanicus already had vested interest in this world for its abundace of promethium, as such they intervened. after driving the forces of chaos away the planet swore eternal service, and bcame obsessed with gaining tech. and enhancing they're abilities.

i know its not very good but im working on it but i want them to represent Necron 99 as much as possibel :)

ssgtdude
17-09-2007, 03:28
From what I am seeing he is basing his army off the Ralph Bachi (sp?) movie Wizards. Necron 99 was an assassin robot sent to kill the president by a Wizard called Blackwolf (Avatar was his wizard brother). The classic example of good versus evil in a post nuclear war world.

sunhawk88
17-09-2007, 04:35
yes it is what im basing my army of :)

17-09-2007, 04:59
old school funny movie. made me and my buddies laugh for years...man I haven't watched that in forever

warflag
17-09-2007, 10:55
Wizards! Aaaah! Great!!!
In some other thread somebody asked for a possibly weird theme for armies, and man, this would be it!
Think about the real oldschool orks as troops. it will need a bit of work, but itīs worth it all the way. Maybe slaanesh demonic mounts with big bulpy eyes, all, of course, painted in a weird pale style. For the vets, take DKOK or steel legion. Give a necron lord a wizards hat, and some ridiculously big gun, maybe 40k-orkish.

Must do this myself.

(idea under my arm, me sneaking off)