PDA

View Full Version : Truescale Bandwagon Sons Of Horus

Rogue Trader
17-09-2007, 11:17
This will be my seldom updated true scale log, im going for sons of horus pre rebellion, this is a wip of my first attempt which will serve as the guinea pig for the rest, it still needs bits smoothing and also shoulder pad studs, you will notice the 4 harness straps look dodgey aswell but ill take my time with the rest, this was a quick mock up that only took a few hours. It will still be painted though.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/roguetrader_2007/truescale2001.jpg
should be a scanner in his hand aswell, let me know what you think :D

THE CHIEF
17-09-2007, 11:38
Looks cool so far, and for a 'quick mock-up' it looks excellent actually! You should think about giving them all older style Bolters too - like the Rogue Trader era ones.

Romanus
17-09-2007, 11:53
Looks very nice mate, can't wait to see it when you start to put the extra care into the construction. Sweet as. Keep up the good work, and as always you guys are a inspiration to us all.

Cheers Rom

Esinhorn
17-09-2007, 12:22
you don't have to do studs for mk4 armor.
but they do look cool
good work so far.

Apologist
17-09-2007, 13:11
Looks good. The pose of the legs is a little squiffy, making him look bow-legged, but would work fairly well as a landing assault marine. My advice would be to repose the legs. Otherwise, looks really good.

hallowed_are_the_ori
17-09-2007, 13:32
So why is everybody so obsessed with "true scale" all the sudden?

THE CHIEF
17-09-2007, 13:35

I dunno but it's catching! I'm starting to have yearnings to give it a go now too :rolleyes:

Apologist
17-09-2007, 14:02

Well, it looks really cool, and a number of people have proven that it is possible. One good idea spawns two more!

Kudos to Elusive_71, who made the first True Scale Space Marine; as well as all the others who've picked it up and run with the idea.

Rogue Trader
17-09-2007, 18:50
Looks good. The pose of the legs is a little squiffy, making him look bow-legged, but would work fairly well as a landing assault marine.

yup, i thought they were dodgy aswell, but the assualt squad is an idea

like evryone says, they look cool, i much prefer the massive imposing look to the standard marine

cheers

synapse
17-09-2007, 19:01
not too bad at all for a 'quick mock up' ;)
though try steady the sculpting tool a bit on the chest cables, as they look a bit crooked

though i love the pose (might steal it for my nid hunters :D). the legs are really cool, and smooth too, which is something is still have problem with

cuz they look sexy :p though its not so much the obsession with truescale, its the obsession with insanely big truescale ANF pre heresy too. theres no less than three threads on preheresy truescale marines on the first page of te sci fi WIP forum alone.

must mean people are fed up of GW crappyily scaled marines!

viva la revolition!

Kudos to Elusive_71, who made the first True Scale Space Marine; as well as all the others who've picked it up and run with the idea.

thanks, didnt know that, any links to his work?

doghouse
17-09-2007, 19:20
He's looking great mate! As a mock up I think you've done a great job, with a bit more time spent on the piece they'll look fantastic! :)
How many you planning on doing?

Elusive's Truescale marines (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=31681)

synapse
17-09-2007, 19:47
thats a well thought out tutorial.
4 years old too... so truescale marines are 4 year old eh? ;)

Rogue Trader
25-09-2007, 19:56
cheers doghouse, when work lets up you should see more pics, i am thinking between 5 and 10 and if all goes well, some moulds and resin to make a few casts to do a proper army

doghouse
25-09-2007, 20:13
Great stuff, I'm really looking forward to seeing more of these guys! :)

floyd pinkerton
25-09-2007, 21:38
very nice, i like:)

daemon-herald
06-07-2008, 11:35
the modellooks good but does look a bit scruffy around the chest.........