PDA

View Full Version : Destroyer of Eternities special attack.

Tomb king13
17-09-2007, 12:31
The weapon counts as a great weapon and has killing blow. I can choose to attack normally or make a special. If I choose to make a special attack with the Destroyer of Eternities all enemy models that are touching the character, take two automatic hits. If the target is riding a monster or a chariot then both take two automatic hits. These hits do benefit from the special rules for great weapons and killing blow. And this is my question.

Only the enemy models that are touching the character take these hits? For example: If the enemy's champion and the standard bearer and a warrior are in base to base contact with the character take these hits or the unit takes six hits including the champion and the standard bearer?

theunwantedbeing
17-09-2007, 13:13
Just need a points value and then we have the full rules on it!

In that instance the unit takes 4 hits and the unit champion takes 2 hits.
So you can kill a possible 5 models.

Okay...well scratch that,the GW errata(which I just checked) says you can only kill a maximum of 3 models as the attacks dont carry over to other models.(unlike in normal situations)

http://uk.games-workshop.com/download/download.htm?/news/errata/assets/wh/tombkings.pdf
There's where I got my answer from.
It's a bit out of date but the rule on the destroyer of eternites has not been affected enough to void the answer in the errata.

T10
17-09-2007, 13:13
Can you only hit the models in base contact, so excess wounds are wasted.

For example: Causing maximum damage against each of the three 1 wound models you specified results in three models being removed: The champion, the rank-and-file warrior and the banner bearer. However, if there are sufficient other models available you remove a rank-and-file model instead of the banner bearer. And you cause a total of 3 wounds.

-T10

gortexgunnerson
17-09-2007, 16:07
Yes very improtant to remember that max kill element, it cost Dodgy Ed GT final place after getting his ironbreaker slapped due to taking 6 hits on the unit a turn!!! rather the then max kill of 3!

Wings of Doom
17-09-2007, 21:08
What happens in a challenge against (par example) the champion?

You are still in base contact with three models (as challengers don't get moved), so do they get hit as well, meaning you can get four wounds for combat res (1+1 overkill on the champ, 2 on normal fodder)?

theunwantedbeing
17-09-2007, 21:17
Have a look at the rules for the destroyer of eternities please.
Read the whole paragraph.

It tells you exactly how to work it out.

logan054
17-09-2007, 22:11
if you are in a challenge you cant attack models outside of the challenge, the weapon also mentions this!

Grimtuff
20-09-2007, 10:42
Yes very improtant to remember that max kill element, it cost Dodgy Ed GT final place after getting his ironbreaker slapped due to taking 6 hits on the unit a turn!!! rather the then max kill of 3!

FWIW you can kill 6 a turn with it by casting Righteous Smiting on the unit. (3 in the magic phase and 3 in the combat phase) ;)

EvC
20-09-2007, 11:37
@#%$est thing ever, combining Smiting + Destroyer of Eternities.