PDA

View Full Version : Infantry based Empire army. 2000 points

Kahadras
17-09-2007, 21:55
General of the Empire + great weapon, Armour of Meteoric Iron and Holy Relic = 156p

Battle standard bearer + full plate armour and Banner of Arcane Warding = 113p

Warrior priest + Dawn armour, Sword of might and shield = 142p

Battle wizard + 2 dispel scrolls = 115p

19 Greatswords + FC = 220p
+ 8 Halbardiers + shields = 48p

24 Swordsmen + FC = 169p

24 Swordsmen + FC = 169p

10 Handgunners = 80p

10 Crossbowmen = 80p

10 Huntsmen = 100p

5 Pistoliers + musician = 90p

Cannon = 100p

Cannon = 100p

Helblaster volley gun = 110p

Helblaster volley gun =110p

Total = 1998p

The basic plan is to set up a really strong center with both flanks covered by Helblaster volley guns. The BSB will set up with the Greatswords while the General and the Warrior priest lead the two Swordsmen units.

The general is basicaly designed to be able to take a lot of punnishment and still be able to attack back with his great weapon. The BSB will help ward off enemy magic aimed at my 'best' infantry unit. The Warrior Priest is there to be annoying. He's pretty good in combat with a rerollable armour save and two strength 5 attacks, contributes a dispel dice and makes the swordsmen hate the enemy. Lastly the Wizard is there primeraly to lock down enemy magic.

The plan is for a strong center where the Generals leadership and the BSB will help to keep the army from running away. The Cannon set up on the flanks (near the volley guns) and will just aim to do as much damage as possible (and hopefully draw the opponant onto my batteline). As already stated the Helblasters will cover the flanks of my battleline. The Huntsmen will march block and be annoying. The pistoliers will perform as 'fire fighters' (basicaly helping out where they are needed) or as flankers.

Kahadras

superduperkoopatrooper
18-09-2007, 10:46
I'd be a little concerned about the vulnerability of your >400pts of warmachines to units like furies. My favourite way of dealing with these is to use a general on griffon, not everyone's first choice empire lord though...
Some access to magic missiles would help or some knights although i understand you're trying for the infantry theme.

My other recommendation would be to take the Imperial Banner on your BS. Lots of points but terror and panic can really mess up an Empire line i've found.

Good luck :)

bigbear bailey
18-09-2007, 11:24
if you are really going to use huntsmen then only take 5... They are to many points to take to many of them...

Kahadras
18-09-2007, 12:43
I'd be a little concerned about the vulnerability of your >400pts of warmachines to units like furies.

I'd try to keep my Hand gunners, Crossbowmen, Huntsmen and Pistoliers near my artillery if I came across stuff like furies.

My other recommendation would be to take the Imperial Banner on your BS. Lots of points but terror and panic can really mess up an Empire line i've found.

I'm really not sure about sinking that many points into a banner. As it is I have a fair leadership for the center of my army and the BSB to help with any break tests I have to take.

if you are really going to use huntsmen then only take 5... They are to many points to take to many of them...

My main reason for taking ten was the fact that I had 20 points left to spend at the end of army creation and decided to put them into upgrading the unit from archers to huntsmen. With ten men they stand a good chance of doing some damage with their bows as well as being march blockers etc.

Kahadras