PDA

View Full Version : Ten Newly Discovered Precepts from Sun Tzu!

Easy E
31-08-2005, 00:44
Ten Newly Discovered Precepts from Sun Tzu's Art of War:

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/links/lists/12JohnKearney.html

Freak Ona Leash
31-08-2005, 00:59
I dont get it :eyebrows:

5upr3m3 h4xx0rz
31-08-2005, 01:08
not...loading....argh!

vforvenator
31-08-2005, 17:09
For anyone unfamiliar, or unable to load, don't worry, it's some joke rubbish or other.
Great shame as that is.

Archaon
31-08-2005, 20:06
I dont get it :eyebrows:

Sun Tzu was a bureaucrat in ancient china who wrote some basic "laws" of warfare which are taught even today at the major military academies.

These are just jokes paraphrasing his writing style...

Lafeel Abriel
31-08-2005, 20:13
Sun Tzu was a bureaucrat in ancient china who wrote some basic "laws" of warfare which are taught even today at the major military academies.

Not quite. Sun Tzu was far more than just a "bureaucrat", he happened to be a general himself, and quite a good one, as I recall. Be carefull what you call one of the contenders for the greatest military mind historically, lest you be called unknowlegable.

edit: spelling error

Wolf Scout Ewan
31-08-2005, 22:20
Confucious say... dunno wasnt listening. Damn.

tzeentchgiant
31-08-2005, 22:31
I thought it was quite funny actually, I guess that's what I get for being intellectual.

TG

Minister
01-09-2005, 00:48
I found them ammusing...

And I was never able to make a decent go at reading the Art of War. Found it rather heavy going.

Freak Ona Leash
01-09-2005, 01:03

I know who Sun Tzu is right enough. I just didnt get why it was suppossed to be funny. Repeated himself an awful lot of times, didnt he?

Wiseman
01-09-2005, 03:36
damn not working!

anarchistica
01-09-2005, 10:12
The list:

1. When you sally forth to meet the enemy, show your contempt for him by the haughtiness of your prance.

2. Confuse your enemy with mixed metaphors. Be like the wind beneath his keel.

3. All warfare is based on deception. When the enemy draws near to you, cry out, "Look out behind you." When he turns to look behind him, attack.

4. Always keep the blades of your weapons sharp. It is the way of the ginsu.

5. Always keep the hair of your men shorn close to the scalp. Nobody likes hippies.

6. All warfare is based on deception. When the enemy draws near to you, cry out, "You spilled soup all down the front of your tunic." When he looks down at the front of his tunic, attack.

7. Never lend money to your men just before a battle.

8. Demoralize your enemy by whispering and giggling and then suddenly going silent as he draws near. When he asks what you were talking about, say, "Oh, nothing."

9. Never allow your men to paint flowers or colorful swirls on the sides of their chariots. Nobody likes hippies.

10. Confound your enemy with precepts that sound profound but actually make little or no sense. Be to him as the stallion is to the necktie.
_ _ _ _ _

It's sort of funny.