PDA

View Full Version : so I'm starting a new gang...

marv335
19-09-2007, 00:57
Well my gaming club has started a necromunda campain.
I've got my cawdor gang, but I fancy a change.
so.
Scavvies.
I ordered the gang this morning, I'll get it in a couple of days.
leader, two scalies with harpoon guns, and eight scavvies. four with blunderbuss, four with autopistol. all scavvies have chains/flails.
autopistol armed scavvies have tox bombs too.
I ordered 5 plague zombies too :skull:
brains....
should be fun.
I figure keep everyone together and kill everything I can see.

Catferret
19-09-2007, 01:58
I've never used a Scavvy gang so can't offer advice. I would like to wish you luck though!

One piece of wisdom I could throw your way is Scalies are real vicious in combat with a pair of clubs... ;) They don't necessarily need the Harpoon Guns.

Tomothy
19-09-2007, 07:22
If you're playing the current rules you need to get mutations on some scavvies. Also you should go one scatter cannon and one harpoon gun, scatter cannons are cool. Get the scalies a sword each, with 2 attacks thats all they need and will still pack a wallop in hth which, considering the short ranges of their weapons, they have a good chance of reaching.

marv335
19-09-2007, 09:56
I've never used a Scavvy gang so can't offer advice. I would like to wish you luck though!

One piece of wisdom I could throw your way is Scalies are real vicious in combat with a pair of clubs... ;) They don't necessarily need the Harpoon Guns.

one of the guys in the campain has a pitfighter gang. he has a gunservitor and tech adept that he likes to stand up high on towers. I plan to kebab him with a harpoon, knock him off the tower and watch them fall to their (messy) death.

campain comedy gold.

and no swords.
too much sword spam in the campain. I have flails/chans. that'll teach 'em ;)

NeonWraith
19-09-2007, 11:09
If you're using the BYB, then Tox Bombs are pretty vicious...expensive, though.

Carlos
24-09-2007, 09:12
I love how under the Underhive rules Smelly scavvies can get hold of swords but Orlocks find it difficult. wtf?

Eazy-O
24-09-2007, 17:19
That's why most people ignore the house weapon lists...

marv335
02-10-2007, 01:46
well I used the scavvies,
I had;
Leader with autopistol/sword,
2 scalies with harpoon guns, throwing axes and clubs,
3 scavvies with blunderbus, club, flail,
3 scavvies with autogun,club,
5 scavvies with autopistol, flail, club.
and 4 zombies (brains.........)
I played against an established pit fighter gang in a standard gang fight scenario.
things went quite well.
I discovered that people are very scared of zombies.
I did very little until turn 3 when I finally got into range with my guns.
then things went badly for the pit slaves.
hitting on a 2+ is no joke, granted I need to be within 6" but very effective none the less.
by the end of the game, I won, two of the pit slaves were dead (including the techno that controlled the gun-servitor) and one of my scavvies had an old battle wound. my gang rating shot up 136 points with the added experience.
I'm looking forward to using these guys more in the future.