PDA

View Full Version : WE Army could use some help please

icebergman
19-09-2007, 02:19
I just started to get into WHFB and even though I have a ton of dwarves and goblins (Bought 2 Skull Pass games), I really want a Wood Elf Army I came up with a list, but I dont know if it works or not. Could use some help on this, thanks

LORD
Wood Elf Lord with 2 hand weapon 145pts

HEROES
2 Spellsingers 180pts
1 Wood Elf Waywatcher Lord 75pts
(I want to count him as a Noble)

CORE
48 Glade Guard 576pts
16 Glade Riders 384pts
24 Dryads 288pts
(2 Battalion boxes)

SPECIAL
10 Eternal Guard 120pts
10 Wardancers 180pts
1 Wood Elf Wardancer Lord 32pts
(want to make him a Bladesinger)

----------------
1980pts total

Khorghan
19-09-2007, 02:34
well you just feilded the most basic units choosing gear just by looking at the model, your going to want to write out a legit list with with wargear and special weapons and such. unless your actually doing this in which case im assuming your dividing up the glade guard into smaller units and your going to have to with the dryads. Do you want us to recomend spites and magic items

I think you should beef up that unit of eternal guard and stick your lord in their so benefit from bodyguard ( makes eternal guard stubborn)

Id divide your glade riders into 3 units of 5 ( or 2 of 5 and one with 6) and give them each a musician.

Khorghan
19-09-2007, 02:35
Youll want to look through the book for more items for your lord.

icebergman
19-09-2007, 02:52
I was planning on the dividing of units just had them listed for points totals. That's the prob that I'm having is the creation of a list before I actually start purchasing models. Please feel free to rewrite mine and help me out with suggestions.

Crube
19-09-2007, 10:18
10 Eternal Guard are next to useless. Either increase them to 20, or drop them entirely. Even at 20, they are easily avoidable by your opponents. Wardancers dont need to be in a unit as big as 10. 7 or 8 should be sufficient. (and why do you have a wardancer lord in your special slot - I dont understand)

Also, 48 Glade Guard is perhaps a little much.

With the points you've saved, go for some Wild Riders, and maybe some waywatchers. Maybe look at some Warhawks or Great Eagles, and/or a treeman for a bit of punch.

Ultimately, look through the army book, and go for a combination of units that allow you to combine charges, and provide support to each other

Belerophon709
19-09-2007, 11:07
10 Eternal Guard are next to useless. Either increase them to 20, or drop them entirely. Even at 20, they are easily avoidable by your opponents. Wardancers dont need to be in a unit as big as 10. 7 or 8 should be sufficient. (and why do you have a wardancer lord in your special slot - I dont understand)

Also, 48 Glade Guard is perhaps a little much.

With the points you've saved, go for some Wild Riders, and maybe some waywatchers. Maybe look at some Warhawks or Great Eagles, and/or a treeman for a bit of punch.

Ultimately, look through the army book, and go for a combination of units that allow you to combine charges, and provide support to each other

Me thinks he's reffering to the models, so he's gonna get a wardancer lord model and use him as a bladesinger...

Crube
19-09-2007, 11:22
ahhhhhhh

I think I see it now....

I still think 10 Wardancers is too much....

popisdead
22-09-2007, 00:28
write a 1000 pt list. don't make your first list/army 2000 pts.

Boneknight
27-09-2007, 00:03
where does the waywatcher character go in the glade guard. That is a waste, drop the eternal guard, take waywatcher. THe bow that gives a lot of shots and arcane bodkins is very nasty. Hail of doom and the and sword of might with alterkindred is a very effective noble