PDA

View Full Version : Fleshtearers

Testament
19-09-2007, 03:08
Hey guys, anybody got anything on the Fleshtearers? I'm kinda hooked on them and I need my fix. Thanks.:D

Tehkonrad
19-09-2007, 03:10
there cannibals descended from blood angels and get the black rage really early there is only 300 left they foughtr on armageddon and ate heaps of militia orks are scared of them they are close to being excomunicated

Cruentus
19-09-2007, 03:17
There is an Index Astartes article in Index Astartes I, pg 48. Lots of good background material, even if the rules are superceded by the new Blood Angels codex.

There was also some great fluff on the Third War for Armageddon website, which I can't seem to locate now.

Hope that helps.

Testament
19-09-2007, 03:58
Thanks brothers, It's hard to find people with any interest in the fleshtearers and even harder, the ones who know about them... So, that makes your input well-valued. Thanks for the help.

Testament
19-09-2007, 03:59
there cannibals descended from blood angels and get the black rage really early there is only 300 left they foughtr on armageddon and ate heaps of militia orks are scared of them they are close to being excomunicated

Where'd you get this info? It's REALLY interesting!

The Emperor's Faithfull
19-09-2007, 04:24
I believe it was under Blood Angles in Wikipedia where it talks about how the Fleshtearers were the only ones to make Orks flee in fear

The Emperor's Faithfull
19-09-2007, 04:26
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Space_Marine_Chapters great source

Idaan
19-09-2007, 08:14
http://uk.games-workshop.com/spacemarines/bloodangels-indexastartes/1/

Uhm, a legal pdf of Fleshtearers' IA. Should be helpful

LordXaras
19-09-2007, 10:36
Seriously, if they name a Chapter the "Flesh Tearers", what are they expecting?

Ktotwf
19-09-2007, 10:46

Lol.

"What do you mean the Insane Psychopathic Murderous Child Eater's Chapter has become unnecessarily violent? Call in the Inquisition! If only we could have seen this coming..."

The Emperor's Faithfull
19-09-2007, 11:18
lol...talk about a cool chapter name.....imagine calling them for help

LordXaras
19-09-2007, 12:15
Same thing goes for the Marines Malevolent. Just name them "The Evil Guys" already.

Supremearchmarshal
19-09-2007, 13:09
So the Sons of Malice have their loyalist cannibal counterparts...

vforvenator
19-09-2007, 13:20
Are not all Marines cannibalistic, as the... I can't remember, one of their implanted organs allow them to imbibe trace memories of sentient enemies by eating their flesh? This is in the canon fluff, so why are some Chapters marked out as unusual for doing so?

Supremearchmarshal
19-09-2007, 13:29
Are not all Marines cannibalistic, as the... I can't remember, one of their implanted organs allow them to imbibe trace memories of sentient enemies by eating their flesh? This is in the canon fluff, so why are some Chapters marked out as unusual for doing so?

Because it's one thing to do it to learn something from your dead enemies, but another to do it regularly in a ritual fashion. The Sons of Malice ate captured Chaos cultists, and also the Inquisitor that objected to this practice...

pookie
19-09-2007, 13:36
the Flesh Tearers aint cannibals as such, they just tend to get carried away and will carry on rampaging after battles, even if this takes them into the civilian populace, its not as tho they Chow down on people for sustinance, they just pref to get up close and tear there enemys apart with there Bare Hands/teeth...

Testament
19-09-2007, 15:02
WHOOHOOOO! That's a ton of help! Thanks. This oughta keep me busy for a while... but if someone still has some, please keep 'em coming.

Testament
19-09-2007, 15:15
By the way, has anyone ever seen a Chapter Master Seth model? I've scoured everywhere and couldn't find one....

Supremearchmarshal
19-09-2007, 18:15
WHOOHOOOO! That's a ton of help! Thanks. This oughta keep me busy for a while... but if someone still has some, please keep 'em coming.

A little: they were one of the 12 chapters shown in the original Rogue Trader Rulebook, and their colour scheme underwent a change: they were originally all black with yellow insignia and their chapter symbol didn't have a blood drop in the middle, but simply a hole.

Testament
20-09-2007, 02:52
A little: they were one of the 12 chapters shown in the original Rogue Trader Rulebook, and their colour scheme underwent a change: they were originally all black with yellow insignia and their chapter symbol didn't have a blood drop in the middle, but simply a hole.

I think it was a good move they changed the color scheme and chapter symbol... they look more murderous now...:D thanks for the info.

Nazguire
20-09-2007, 05:02
By the way, has anyone ever seen a Chapter Master Seth model? I've scoured everywhere and couldn't find one....

They don't have one. He's just filler background information for the Flesh Tearers, so if you want to make a Seth model you can, no precedents.

Testament
20-09-2007, 05:36
They don't have one. He's just filler background information for the Flesh Tearers, so if you want to make a Seth model you can, no precedents.

hmmm... Thanks. guess I'll have to get me one of those force commander box-thingies to make a wicked-looking-appropriate Fleshtearers Chapter Master... and some hybrid melee weapons to match the man.

Tehkonrad
20-09-2007, 07:30
that'd be cool
when your talking about names to me flesh teares just sound like they rush thier shaving ;)

Testament
23-09-2007, 07:30
that'd be cool
when your talking about names to me flesh teares just sound like they rush thier shaving ;)

Now, why'd you have to go and say that....... now when I think about it it sounds like they made a bad turn with their bodywaxing or something....:D

Tehkonrad
23-09-2007, 10:09
Now your full body wax is done...
why am I bleeding
uuummm
Tee-hee

gross

Progena
23-09-2007, 11:59
"How to paint Space Marines" has a picture of a Flesh Tearers Assault squad (minus jump-packs, they seem to prefer over-charged Rhinos). No fluff, but the Veteran Sergeant is armed with something that's called a 'Fleshtearer', basically it's a large round chainblade disc (mirrors the Chapter symbol). Looks neat, very likely scratch-buildt. Always wanted to make a Flesh Tearer with a looted Ork Killa Kan Close close combat weapon... unsure about the size tho...

Testament
23-09-2007, 16:41
"How to paint Space Marines" has a picture of a Flesh Tearers Assault squad (minus jump-packs, they seem to prefer over-charged Rhinos). No fluff, but the Veteran Sergeant is armed with something that's called a 'Fleshtearer', basically it's a large round chainblade disc (mirrors the Chapter symbol). Looks neat, very likely scratch-buildt. Always wanted to make a Flesh Tearer with a looted Ork Killa Kan Close close combat weapon... unsure about the size tho...

Thanks man. Where'd you see that? at GW? I like the idea about the Killa Kan... maybe I'll try it if it's ok with you that I'm "idea-grubbing" you? I've built a Chaplain from a regular Space Marine, a Space Marine Blood Claw, a Space Marine Devastator,a Scout, guitar strings, toothpick, copperwire, aquarium items, christmas decors and a plasticard.... and that's just one figure... Wild huh? :chrome:

Progena
23-09-2007, 18:57
Where'd you see that?

'How to paint Space Marines' is a painting guide published by GW. Your local GW retail store probably has it or you can buy it from them here:

UK Online Store: http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=60040101004&orignav=10

US Online Store: http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=304613&orignav=300866&ParentID=254787&GameNav=10

(Could someone please direct me to a site on how to use text codes? I seem to have forgotten them all. Thanks.)

-

Why would I mind anyone one using my ideas? How can I be sure it's my idea anyway? I might've just read it somewhere and thought: "Neat!" and then forgotten about it.

With all the new Ork models coming up you might even find some usable and scaled down pieces like that directly from a sprue.

If you do make one, please send me a PM with a picture of it. Would love to see how that would work out. And you're as skilled with the modeling tools as you are with a pencil... lets just say that "I'd look foreward to seeing it" would be mightily understated. ;)

Cheers, Pete

Testament
24-09-2007, 02:21
...How can I be sure it's my idea anyway? I might've just read it somewhere and thought: "Neat!" and then forgotten about it.

I think, most of us are that way. :D

With all the new Ork models coming up you might even find some usable and scaled down pieces like that directly from a sprue.

If you do make one, please send me a PM with a picture of it. Would love to see how that would work out. And you're as skilled with the modeling tools as you are with a pencil... lets just say that "I'd look foreward to seeing it" would be mightily understated. ;)

Cheers, Pete

Thanks for the links, thanks for the praises and if I have gathered enough funds to make one, I'll be sure to give you a heads up.

Testament
24-09-2007, 02:34
by the way Brother Progena, you actually took the time to check out my link?

Progena
24-09-2007, 15:03
Discussion continued on PM. ;)

Tabris2000
24-09-2007, 16:28

Good point, you have to wonder if when they name SM Chapters anyone has noticed that the sinister sounding ones tend to go to Chaos...

Progena
24-09-2007, 17:20
Good point, you have to wonder if when they name SM Chapters anyone has noticed that the sinister sounding ones tend to go to Chaos...

You have a point, but many loyalist chapters have sinister names too. Dark Angels, White Scars, Blood Angels, Iron Hands, Raven Guard, Angels of Vengeance, Black Templars, Rampagers, Marauders, Storm Lords, Blood Drinkers, Flesh Tearers (just for the record), Revilers, Red Talons, Doom Eagles, Black Dragons, Doom Warriors, Death Strike, Fire Lords, Relictors, Skull Bearers, Dark Sons... bah, don't bother writing anymore...

Chapter names are designed to impose respect and fear.

And lets not forget that some of the most evil Space Marines ever, called themselves the 'Emperor's Children'.

Testament
25-09-2007, 18:55
Would it be okay to equip a Chaplain and his Death Company with jump packs? Anyone?

Nazguire
25-09-2007, 23:17
Would it be okay to equip a Chaplain and his Death Company with jump packs? Anyone?

If it says you can do that in the Codex: Blood Angels, why not? I'd think that the Fleshtearers would be quite enthralled with the idea of soaring through the skies to rip out someone's throat.

Tehkonrad
26-09-2007, 00:54
Yeah they would like that
flesh tearer 1: WEeEE I'm soaring like a candy wrapper in an updraft
Flesh tearer 2: Wow look at all that Beutiful forest
flesh tearer 1: ooh look some unarmed civilians
flesh tearer 2: first to tear a throat out wins
Flesh tearer !; your on!

Testament
26-09-2007, 07:55
Yeah they would like that
flesh tearer 1: WEeEE I'm soaring like a candy wrapper in an updraft
Flesh tearer 2: Wow look at all that Beutiful forest
flesh tearer 1: ooh look some unarmed civilians
flesh tearer 2: first to tear a throat out wins
Flesh tearer !; your on!

That would be them, yessiree :D LOL :D

Testament
28-09-2007, 08:54
Can I equip my Death Company Chaplain with two Power fists?... or any of the Death Company guys? How about a Librarian with the Honor Guard, can I equip him with a Jump Pack instead of using the Wings of Sanguinius?

Testament
01-10-2007, 08:00
I have a Blood Claws box, a Tatical squad box, 2 Scout boxes, Devastator squad box and an Assault squad box. aquarium decors, x'mas decors, guitar strings, plasticards, a fancy chain necklace, kneaded eraser, twist-wires, copperwires, toothpicks, followed the BA codex in WD and this is how it ended up:

Chaplain w/ power fist and jump pack, Librarian w/ Force weapon, 4 Death company w/ jump packs Honor guard (Company champion w/power sword, combat shield & meltabomb, 4 veterans w/ power axe, power fist, plasmagun & flamer), Veteran Assault squad (w/ powersword, power fist, combi-plasma, 2 chainswords & meltabomb), devastator squad w/ 2 lascannons and 2 missile launchers & sergeant w/ bolter, Tactical squad w/multi-melta, meltagun, 7 bolters & sergeant w/ power axe & plasma pistol, 1st Scout w/ heavy bolter, 3 chainswords, meltabomb & bolter and 2nd Scout w/ shotgun, meltabomb, 3 bolters and 1 heavy bolter. I still have to get a Rhino, Death Company Dreadnought and a Predator.

Anybody think this is a good idea? If not, suggestions please?

Marstfu
01-10-2007, 10:56
..Why a fist on the Chaplain? O_o Keep him with his Crozius, he'll strike at the same time as the death company.

Also, I see Seth as some dude who instead of Dante's nice little pistol, bashes peoples heads in with a meltagun. For some reason, I want to convert the new Huron model to a Seth. Ah well..

LordXaras
01-10-2007, 11:10
This part of the discussion should be in 40k General.