PDA

View Full Version : Ion Maiden's new live album - Death on the Road

Yorkiebar
31-08-2005, 09:49
Has anyone got this yet? I looked at the track list and it all looks pretty standard for a Maiden live album (Hallowed be thy name, Run to the Hills, The Trooper etc.), with the addition of Wildest Dreams, Dance of Death, Rainmaker, No More Lies, Journeyman and Paschendale from Dance of Death (:cries: No Montsegur!).

I probably will get it anyway, but could you tell me what you thought of it and whether it's worth the price (£12.99 on Amazon).

EDIT: Just noticed my spelling error in the thread title. Could a mod correct it?

Melchor
31-08-2005, 10:13
Well Maiden are a great live band, so I reckon it's a pretty nice CD and probably worth the money. I know I'll get it eventually just to complete my Maiden collection.

And as far as I know, they never played Montsegur live anyway.

Vaya
31-08-2005, 10:48
Ion Maiden sounds pretty cool by the way. :D

Wiseman
31-08-2005, 10:55
hehe Ion Maiden, sounds better then Iron Maiden IMHO

Rik Valdis
31-08-2005, 12:28
I went to a gig on the dance of death tour and it was awesome. I will definately be buying it, in the hope it will have been recorded in Nottinghma or at a gig as good.

Yorkiebar
31-08-2005, 12:31
This double album was recorded at the Westfalenhalle Arena, Dortmund, Germany during the Dance of Death European Tour in December 2003 and fully captures the magnificent stage production and electricity of the bandís performance. Steve Harris once again took weeks personally editing the footage and like Rock in Rio this means thousands of cuts right into the heart of the action.1234567890

Rik Valdis
31-08-2005, 12:37
bah, oh well I'll buy it anyway. Still a great tour.

DisturbeD_
31-08-2005, 22:16
yea, i saw them at reading, they were amazing rellie worth the money plus i got to see many other cool bands too :D

Yorkiebar
15-09-2005, 06:43
I got the album today. It was slightly disappointing really, the crowd has been almost completely filtered out during some of the tracks so it just sounds like a fast studio album.

It's got a nice recording of Iron Maiden though, and Paschendale is just awesome.

Scream for me, Dortmund!

The boyz
15-09-2005, 11:44
I might buy it sometime, but not sure really. I saw them live at Earls court last year and although they where bloody good live, I still dont know if Ilike there new stuff of the Dance of Death album, to me some of it sounds pretty crappy really. So I havent made my mind up yet if I will buy it.