PDA

View Full Version : Luxourius Torment(frenzy spell) and characters

Hrath Dreadaxe
31-08-2005, 09:50
Do you think it is bad form to target a character with slaaneshs luxourius torment spell to kill it, such as a wizard, if you dont know what the spell does it causes the target to suffer from frenzy and take d6 str 3 hits at the begining of each turn

Rabid Bunny 666
31-08-2005, 10:13
no, but wrong section

Hrath Dreadaxe
31-08-2005, 10:18
Whoops, i thought this was fantasy discussion

Rabid Bunny 666
31-08-2005, 10:23
just PM a mod to get it shifted

Vosk
31-08-2005, 10:33
What's this doing in the Rumour Forum?

Still, might as well give it a whirl. If you see an isolated and vulnerable character and have an opportunity to kill them, I don't see why you shouldn't. Why would it be bad form? In fact this spell would be pretty good versus lone characters, because once they have frenzy they become much harder to control.

Hrath Dreadaxe
31-08-2005, 10:57
its like a cannon, it doesnt have to have line of site and it doesnt matter if there with in 5" of the enemy or not, so its character snipeing, and the frenzy isnt the worst thing, its the D6 str 3 hits, against T3 wizards its killer

Venkh
31-08-2005, 11:11
Works really well on those skulking wizards using life/heavens magic, ratling guns, eagles, warmachine crew.

All the things we hate.

Selsaral
31-08-2005, 13:53
I've killed so many ratling guns with this spell it's just silly.

Don't feel bad about this. It's not your fault Slannesh spells are the best spells in the game. Just have sympathy for your opponent when he breaks down crying after you cast them....

Markconz
31-08-2005, 21:34
Serves skaven right for bringing machine guns to an ancient battle anyway :)

Ethereal Alpaca
31-08-2005, 21:38
Sounds like a nifty little way to get rid of all those little annoyances to me, nothing bad form about it.

@Venkh: Good to see someone else remembers Hawkmoon...

Lord of the Pit
31-08-2005, 22:56
And if its a tough opponent, just recast it next round for double damage!!

(this spell is sick!) :cheese:

Tormentor of Slaanesh
01-09-2005, 20:17
I've used it on lone mages before, its genius.

red120
02-09-2005, 22:08
Yeah, this is a good spell.

It's one of the rare spells that Chaos has access to that can kill and isn't limited to normal targetting restrictions. I don't see anything wrong with using it for that purpose.

Lestat
05-09-2005, 23:05
Beware with this little spell as it can backfire big time.
It does have some great uses. Make your choosen knights frenzied (who cares about d6 s3 hits when you have +1 as?).
Character assassin, or annoying units assassin. Works good on these targets. In fact its great on this targets.
But as I said it can back fire. In last years GT qualifer, I had a slannishy sorcerer cast this on a unit of 6 wardancers, that I had skulcking about, stopping him marching on the like. He cast this spell on them, got it off. They went frenzied. The spell failed to damage them in my turn, they had to charge his choosen knights of slannesh. In combat we went with killing blow. 19 attacks later, the unit of knights that where there. Suddenly wheren't.

Markconz
06-09-2005, 01:07
Beware with this little spell as it can backfire big time.

The worst I have experienced was when I cast it on a Skaven giant rat unit. The rats were down to one rat and one packmaster which I decided to ignore. The frenzied packmaster and his giant rat charged and killed my Exalted Champion General on slaneesh steed. Embarrassing.