PDA

View Full Version : Roboute and his wound?

Night Bearer
20-09-2007, 02:36
Maybe I'm just senile in my old age, but didn't the v2 fluff indicate that Roboute's wounds were caused by an Ork Warboss?

I've lately seen reference to his wounds being from a Chaos Space Marine - has this always been the case, or has this particular bit of fluff been changed?

If so, is there any significance to the CSM that gutted him?

-Old and confused :)

Iceheart2112
20-09-2007, 02:39
You mean Fulgrim? There's quite a bit of significance...

Night Bearer
20-09-2007, 02:47
You mean Fulgrim? There's quite a bit of significance...
Whoa...Fulgrim did it?!

I could have sworn it was some no-name Warboss....

Iceheart2112
20-09-2007, 02:53
Yup. Checka-checka! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultramarines) Go on down to where it talks about him.

The pestilent 1
20-09-2007, 06:33
Presumably the wound was dealt with the Anathame too, so I don't think there is much chance of the old fellow ever getting up again, excluding some Star child interference.

Shibboleth
20-09-2007, 08:54
He wasn't gutted, his throat was cut with a poisoned blade.

Ikkaan
20-09-2007, 09:37
Poisoned...maybe chaotic...it may have been the anatheme (which may have been modified by that point ). But then it would have been a slim chance of him surviving it.

Fourth Captain Tycon
20-09-2007, 09:53
I thought the Anathame was given away by Horus to someone else, and that Fulgrim fought with the Laer Sword.

pookie
20-09-2007, 09:55
I thought the Anathame was given away by Horus to someone else, and that Fulgrim fought with the Laer Sword.

nope, Fulgrim gets it as a gift.

Wazzahamma
20-09-2007, 11:07
And then Fulgrim gave it away to Lucius...

reds8n
20-09-2007, 11:49
And then Fulgrim gave it away to Lucius...

Isn't it the Laer sword that Lucius gets ? I'm pretty certain that he wouldn't give the anathame blade to a potential rival such as Lucius.

Baaltharus
20-09-2007, 12:10
Your correct reds8n, its the Laer sword which he gives away. The sword that wounded Guilliman may well have been the anathame but theres no definite evidence about it.

I'd like to know what happened to Fulgrim, as its highly unlikely that had he been in the position to finish Guilliman that he'd turn it down.

Vesica
20-09-2007, 12:46
Could have been some little bit of him left that held the blow back, or mabye he knew that he would die from his wounds and anymore would be overkill.

reds8n
20-09-2007, 12:48
I guess Gulliman did enough damage to "banish" him back to the warp/EoT.

Sacrifcing himself to stop whatever Fulgrim and co. were doing seems the kind of noble thing that he'd do.

Vesica
20-09-2007, 12:57
I guess Gulliman did enough damage to "banish" him back to the warp/EoT.

Sacrifcing himself to stop whatever Fulgrim and co. were doing seems the kind of noble thing that he'd do.

I didnt think Fulgrim was a daemon? only possessed(sp?) by one, and i might be wrong but im sure in liber chaotica it says they are two very different things, eg he cant be banished.

Night Bearer
20-09-2007, 13:16
Er...but can someone with the book confirm whether I'm right in thinking that the original fluff had an Ork doing this?

pookie
20-09-2007, 13:23
Er...but can someone with the book confirm whether I'm right in thinking that the original fluff had an Ork doing this?

lol, good point, if its not posted by tonight i'l check my book and get back tom,

reds8n
20-09-2007, 14:28
I didnt think Fulgrim was a daemon? only possessed(sp?) by one, and i might be wrong but im sure in liber chaotica it says they are two very different things, eg he cant be banished.

Initially you are correct-- I wonder if this is so they can, almost Phoenix like perhaps ;), have him rise return to save the day in some fashion. As an RPG GM it's always a god idea to leave yourself a get out for the big final fight.

By the time Gulliman fought him though, I think he's the snake bodies, multiple armed daemon prince version, and thus eligible for banishment.

I guess all those daemonic mutations must have tipped over the 51 point mark.:o

ryng_sting
20-09-2007, 17:25
The original background never mentioned who did the deed.

Wazzahamma
20-09-2007, 17:42
Oh right...too many damned swords in that book...

jb85
20-09-2007, 18:00
Maybe I'm just senile in my old age, but didn't the v2 fluff indicate that Roboute's wounds were caused by an Ork Warboss?

I don't think you are senile, I seem to recall something about the wound being an Ork bolter shell to the neck. Of course this has been supplanted by the Fulgrim stuff.