PDA

View Full Version : how do tau control vespid

Tehkonrad
20-09-2007, 07:39
is it the helms...or what?

Kegluneq
20-09-2007, 07:46
That's one argument. It's not entirely certain that Vespid alliances weren't won by a simple beneficial trading agreement though.

Bregalad
20-09-2007, 09:36
GW leaves that open in the Codex.

1. theory: Tau made contact. During friendly negotiations they provided those helmets for the leaders to communicate. Those helmets provide some kind of mind control.

2. theory. Vespids just enjoy the advantages of being part of a big advanced Empire and the accompanying technology/trade/help.

It's up to you what you believe. Anyway, the Vespids are integrated into the Tau Empire army as trusted allies, even when the leader is killed.

Vesica
20-09-2007, 13:00
This may be a bit off topic but those of you who have read the HH books, dont you think vespids resemble the things on 'Murder'.

On topic, i always believed it was a mutual agreement, eg the tau get some fast scouts who can give most things a run for there money in cc and the vespids get the saftey of been in a larger empire.

Bregalad
20-09-2007, 19:42
This may be a bit off topic but those of you who have read the HH books, dont you think vespids resemble the things on 'Murder'.
No, nothing like that. They are more like the bugs in starship trooper, only with 8 (very sharp) legs.

Tastyfish
20-09-2007, 21:25
As people have said but I'd also emphasise this point

A: Helms control the leaders in a Hive society, you already have instant brainwashing so even without the helms the drones will do as they have been told.

B: A hive is going to see a lot of good with the Tau system, given that is pretty much what the Tau have been aiming for. Given the extent that the Vespid have been fast tracked into inclusion as a full integrated member of the Empire I'd definitely lean more towards this rather than the former. Reason A explains why it was accepted so whole heartedly, since you only need to convince a few at the top to get the whole civilisation (and I think the darker side to the relationship is that the Tau likely provided arms to Tau'va friendly Vespid colonies to wipe out their rivals)

Acolyte of Bli'l'ab
20-09-2007, 22:40

Those were the Megarachnids, they were more like huge spiders with mechanical weaponry put into them..think the Spider-Masterminds from the old Doom games.