PDA

View Full Version : Bull Charge for OK

Dragonknight31
20-09-2007, 14:42
The rule clearly states that you only get the impact hits if all ogres charge 6". Has there been any update to that rule that says you get the impact hits if "any" ogre charges 6"?

Kadrium
20-09-2007, 14:55
The way I play it, if the unit uses 6 inches or more of movement, including wheels, to reach the target, the bull charge works. Even if one bull - the bull on the apex of the wheel - only actually moves 3 or 4 inches, if the unit as a whole expended 6+ inches of movement, the bull charge is applied.

This does not count the free wheel to align units in a battle line.

Avian
20-09-2007, 15:08
Has there been any update to that rule that says you get the impact hits if "any" ogre charges 6"?
No, there hasn't.

Lorcryst
20-09-2007, 15:08
That rule is for the Ogres that have the "Bull Charge" rule ... so, NOT Chaos Ogres.

And it targets the unit, not individual models inside the unit. I would say that it works if there are at least 6 inches between the two closest points of the Ogre unit and their target.

(I try to reduce the distance when I play my Night Goblins against Ogres, to try to be under those 6 inches and avoid the World of Hurt of the Bull Charge ... yes, I still need to survive the Universe of Pain of the attacks after that ...)

Kadrium
20-09-2007, 15:57
And it targets the unit, not individual models inside the unit. I would say that it works if there are at least 6 inches between the two closest points of the Ogre unit and their target.

I don't have a rule book handy but I'm pretty sure it goes off the distance moved, not simply the distance between the two units. If you wheel 3 inches and then move 3 inches forward, that should be enough to allow the bull charge, though the "two closest points" of the ogre unit were only 3 inches apart. The unit still moved 6 inches to reach combat.

Festus
20-09-2007, 18:09
Hi

It is the distance moved, correct. And any member of a unit has moved as far as the member who moved farthest for anything concerning M and its rules.

So: If the unit made more than 6", the Bull charge comes.

Festus

Lorcryst
20-09-2007, 19:49
I stand corrected.

And I'll forward this bit of info to my friend who plays Ogres ...

Masque
20-09-2007, 23:40
It is the distance moved, correct. And any member of a unit has moved as far as the member who moved farthest for anything concerning M and its rules.

So: If the unit made more than 6", the Bull charge comes.

If this were true why would the rule say 'when all models in that unit charge 6" or more' if it is impossible for some models to charge farther than others?

Festus
21-09-2007, 06:14
Because the designers don't have a clue? :evilgrin:

No, seriously, this is more than just sloppy, this is an oversight. Models in a unit always count as having moved as far as the member of the unit who moved farthest.

And BTW, how could you possibly determine when a model within a unit has moved 6"?
lil Jimmy: My Ogres charged 6.5"
lil Tommy: Yeah, but only the outside model, the next were 5.9", 5.4" and 4.8" respectively ? ??

I do not think so... :p

Festus

Ganymede
21-09-2007, 06:21
Yeah it is definitely sloppy, unintuitive writing on the part of the ogre book author. I'd support allowing the bull charge when any model moves 6" or more.