PDA

View Full Version : 5 blocks clanrats - 2000 point skaven

gerrymander61
20-09-2007, 20:23
Cool. I've never played with a warlord because skaven magic is just so damn addictive. Here's a shot at a very hordey, very cool toy lacking, skaven warlord list.

Characters

Warlord - HA, GW, Reroll amulet
Chieftan - BSB, Storm banner, HA
Chieftan - HA, shield
Warlock engineer - 2x dispel scrolls

Core

30 Clanrats - Standard and mus

20 Slaves
20 Slaves
20 Slaves
20 Slaves

5 Night Runners - 2x hand weap

Giant Rat Pack
Giant Rat Pack

3 Globadiers
3 Globadiers
3 Globadiers

Special

4 Gutter Runners - Tunnelers, poisoned hand weapons
4 Gutter Runners - Tunnelers, poisoned hand weapons

Rare

WLC
WLC

2001 pts, 276 models, 2 PD, 3 DD, 2 scrolls

EDIT: Wow I feel dumb. Completely forgetting a unit of slaves and a scroll in the totals.

Arhalien
20-09-2007, 20:26
You;re isane, that's all I have to say :p
Best of luck with it ;)

DesertDirge
20-09-2007, 21:39
I'd drop a unit of clanrats for something that hits a bit harder.. maybe an assasin or poision rat swarm or something. plus you'll never paint that many rats!! :)

forgottenlor
21-09-2007, 05:12
Definately an interesting list. I would personally have at least one unit of monks with censer bearers. Don`t expect much from the night runners either, if you only take 5. It could work if your cannons take down some big nasties.

fubukii
21-09-2007, 05:33
why not run 5 slave units as well?

gerrymander61
21-09-2007, 11:55
@ fubukii: I was just thinking about deployment. checkerboard Clanrats in back, with slaves in front and NR's between them. Giant Rats on either side.

Night Runners aren't there for oomph, tey're there to bait chargers, and whatnot. However, I can use them for flank charges because 10 attacks will still hurt, even if it does not negate ranks.

Assassin would be a good idea, only I can see the enemy avoiding him too easily. I could always hide him, but with so many units, it'll be impossible to put him somewhere where he's guaranteed to pop out at a good time. I'ma just cross my fingers and hope for good lukc with the 2x wlc's

xAlpha
24-09-2007, 04:14
If you're using the nightrunners for bait, you may as well just drop 'em and take more slaves.

baba yaga
24-09-2007, 12:18
xAlpha If you're using the nightrunners for bait, you may as well just drop 'em and take more slaves.

I agree, the slaves will at least not make the other units panic, remember once the musk of fear is in the air, your rats will run away.

I have some experience with such a list and it is very hard to beat (allso very hard to paint). I would allways include plague cencer bearers, they are the bomb, and lose a WLC (they allways dissapoint me).

Saberjack
24-09-2007, 15:18
where are the ratling guns????
where is the grey seer???

Saberjack
24-09-2007, 15:19
giant rat paks???? why????

Crube
24-09-2007, 15:24
Personaly Id' be looking at 4 units of 40 rats rather than 5 of 30... and more slaves :D

I like it though. Really evokes the idea of a hordey Skaven army for me.

W0lf
24-09-2007, 16:50
'2 PD, 3 DD, 1 scroll'

Im willing to put money on the fact my Tzeentch army could destroy you without engaging in H2H.

Do the same list but make all the characters wizards (drop some troops here and there) and itll be disgusting.

Lord Tzeentch
24-09-2007, 19:25
Lol now thats what i call a horde army. I do agree that maybe you should drop a unit of clan rats and get lots more slaves as they will still be Ld if your warlord is in range (which he should:)) but hey i like this list it would be a barrel of fun to play.

@ W0lf: I would be willing to put my money on a Tzeentch army but not that it would wipe it out in out with magic alone. Tzeentch magic is good but there is know way in chaos that you would wipe out an army that size with Tzeentch magic. And thats coming from a Tzeentch player:)

happy_doctor
25-09-2007, 12:23
I see I've made a trend here...:D

I say go for it! My 338-model skaven horde recently beat the crap out of:
-a magic-heavy lizardmen army (slann 2nd gen.)
-an orc n' goblin horde army (4 shamans)
-a tzeentch 16-PD army

And guess what?I have NO magic defense at all!!!

by the way, you'll need a champion in these units(mainly for challenging the chaos lord on dragon, so as to keep him from winning the CR by 5)