PDA

View Full Version : So, how about that Chaos Codex!

Durath
20-09-2007, 20:50
With all the negativity towards the Chaos Codex, I thought I would bring to light some definate improvements with it.

One army that got immensely boosted (imho) by the new Chaos book...

Thousand Sons!
AP3 Bolters (O. M. G.?)
4+ Inv. Saves for all
And S&P, which I think means they can move and shoot 24" (might be wrong on this).

Necrons and Marine armies will have their hands full with these guys now.

Noise Marines/Slaanesh
AP3 Doom Sirens and Blastmasters will give the army increased effectiveness against marines/necrons.

Oh, and Lash (yes, I know its controversial right now, but Im sure it will be FAQ'ed, and still be VERY effective.)

Various
Marked Raptors sound fun...

Lets not forget Vindicators, Elite Dreads, and Oblitorators x9 for all. Whee!

Demons.... how about not affecting the Force Org for one thing.... also Demon summoning got ALOT better imho (Heck, Deep strike got better for Chaos period, no scatter FTW!!!!)

Demon Princes can have ~200 points (3.5 cost) of gear for 150 points now.

ANY cult unit is now a troop choice for all. (yeah, I can get back some Zerkers to suppliment my Noise Marines!)

Lower Terminator Price!

So... in summary, the powers of the warp have taken away, yes, but they hath given as well. And in the light of the rumors (confirmed?) that the specific Legions will be covered in a separate Codex to be published later, I don't see this as anything but a win/win.

(p.s. I'm sorry for the IW and Khorne players who's armies got toned down. But there should be no surprise. If they were gonna do it to Black Templar, they were gonna do it to you guys as well)

Lord_Squinty
20-09-2007, 22:17
ANY cult unit is now a troop choice for all. (yeah, I can get back some Zerkers to suppliment my Noise Marines!)

That is just Soo wrong..... :wtf: lol

As for IW players - If I had spent the last few years running a 4 falcon / harlies list I wouldve expected it to be hit with a big nerf stick - and they wouldnt have complained - so neither will I ;)

Killmaimburn
20-09-2007, 22:35
Did you notice the 3 other near identical threads on this page.May I recomend this one (http://warseer.com/forums/40k-general-discussion/103726-so-i-read-the-big-bad-nerf-batted-chaos-dex.html) as it appears tailored to fit
Thousand sons had S+P in the last one (yes your belief in what it does is correct) yes they are better against MEQ with lascannons, much worse against adequate to good terrain GEQ and eldar with massed normal fire.A trade off (although I would argue one is growing more popular than the other).

Yes everybody be happy for the 9 oblits, why are suddenly people trying to console me with my loss of flesh hounds with the ability to be one of those iron warrior guys:confused:
I have yet to fill my troops slots in any of the games I've played (20ishunder the new rules)to the point at which the basic demons being off the chart is a benefit.But I do like the greater demon.
Demon princes- yay, see iron warriors comment and see how many people hated the "tooled up" lord before.
I'll be taking the termies until i get a bad rep though.

Durath
20-09-2007, 22:40
That is just Soo wrong..... :wtf: lol

:evilgrin:

Thats right my friend. ALL Cult Squads are just simply troops now. The Marks of your Lord or Prince have no bearing on your army now.

Some background:I started collecting Chaos at the start of 2nd Ed. I liked Khorne and Slaanesh, but focused on Noise Marines.

I actually had a Fluff story for them and everything to explain why they would be fighting together prior to 3rd ed. I made a custom Renegade Chapter (see my Avatar/Banner at left), and had it all explained with my own fiction.

I GAVE away the Khorne marines when 3.5 came out because they were incompatible. (I refused to run as an Undivided force) :(

But the person I gave them to has stopped playing, and is offering to give them back. Muhahaha!

Durath
20-09-2007, 22:50
Did you notice the 3 other near identical threads on this page.May I recomend this one as it appears tailored to fit

Actually, the one you linked was started by a non-Chaos player...

I felt like starting one since I am a Chaos player, and think the book has many good things to it.

Besides, half the thread is a whine about why CSMs use Reapers not Assault Cannons.