PDA

View Full Version : 40k dogs of war codex??

nagash66
21-09-2007, 15:37
Ok I was thinking how cool would it be if GW made a codex DOW(dogs of war) for 40k full of elder reneges, non imperial human, jokaero and all the other goofy races that go bump in the night?:wtf:

(sorry if this has been discussed before)

Outlaw289
21-09-2007, 15:41
Wrong forum my good man

Chilltouch
21-09-2007, 15:50
Tau's the closest you'll ever get, the silly little pansies accept almost anyone.

Witchfire
21-09-2007, 16:05
all kroot list is mercenaries

Rotten
21-09-2007, 17:22
I think it would be rather cool to get, if not neccessarily an entire codex, then at least an organised, official list that incorporates "all" of the galaxy's mercs. Kroot, renegade Marines, LATD, RT, hrud and other "merc aliens" are probably the most likely to fit such a theme. I currently have a CSM army that's based on a DoW/pirate theme, and I would love the opportunity to expand such an army and get the opportunity to mix different races and troops. I think it would make for a very interesting addition to the game, and just think of all the cool scenarios that could be played! :)

IncubiLord
21-09-2007, 22:25
I'm glad that there isn't a Mercenary codex.

While I like the concept, I've had the annoying realization that it would either be crap or unbalance the armies that can take Mercenaries.

If the units were good, competitive units (read the assault units can actually fight on a simlar level to other assault units), every army can just fill its weaknesses with the Mercs. Only the factions who are the most extremely specialized will have a strength over other armies.

Thus, either nobody can take Mercs (a totally crap idea) or the Merc units have to be pretty low-quality to compensate for the fact that everybody will take units that are good at something their army is bad at (and a codex of low-quality units would be crap).

I don't like the potential implications of releasing any of the above possible books.

Grimbad
22-09-2007, 05:20
I would like to see one, but the armies with access would have to be very limited and specific to each unit. Tyranids could get zoats, for example, but the Imperium wouldn't.