PDA

View Full Version : Uk WD late. (again)

Lavadude360
21-09-2007, 15:48
Now I apologise if this is in the wrong place or whatever but has anyone else from the Uk noticed that WD is delivered later and later each month.

I can understand it being late last month what with postal strikes and the like but before that and now?

Is it just my post office being lazy or have GW been giving us brits a raw deal?

--- Lavadude ---

||-MARKO-||
21-09-2007, 15:53
Ditto. mines not here yet either. They normally come by saturday, so lets hope we get WD soon :p

could be due to backlog or lazy post service in our areas, perhaps?

Marko

Crube
21-09-2007, 15:56
Meant to be the Friday before the last Friday in the month isn't it?

If so, then it's currently only a day late (if it turns up tomorrow that is ;))

Keravin
21-09-2007, 16:03
Saw it at my Local GW this week already.

Brother Loki
21-09-2007, 16:15
It's meant to be in shops the last friday of the month (so the 29th of this month), and goes to subscribers about a week before that, as I understand it.

Finn Sourscowl
21-09-2007, 16:43
It's meant to be in shops the last friday of the month (so the 29th of this month), and goes to subscribers about a week before that, as I understand it.

Which means it's late :(

I was looking foward to reading it when I got home from work!

Oh well. Not the end of the world, though!

misterboff
21-09-2007, 17:19
Mine hasn't turned up either, but I only got the Chaos codex last weekend and haven't got round to reading that yet.

I think I've got the last few of mine on the Saturday, only had to wait till Monday once I think...

misterboff

Deamon-forge
21-09-2007, 17:29
Mine hasnt turned up yet, hope its here tomorow need somthing to read at work lol.

ozzfan
21-09-2007, 17:38
Same thing here, but that's the royal mail for you!

Wintermute
21-09-2007, 18:13
There is a simple reason the UK WD has not been mailed out yet - UK Games Day. UK WD is always available at for all to buy at UK GD before the subscription copies are sent out.

(Ok I may be wrong - but this makes sense.)

Stella Cadente
21-09-2007, 18:42
Oh well, its only white dwarf, at least its nothing important

Wintermute
21-09-2007, 18:45
Oh well, its only white dwarf, at least its nothing important

Comments, such as the above, are not welcome on WarSeer.

Wintermute
The WarSeer Inquisition

Stella Cadente
21-09-2007, 19:02
Comments, such as the above, are not welcome on WarSeer.

Wintermute
The WarSeer Inquisition

I'm sorry but I just laughed my socks off at that

and plus its true, it is only a WD, if it comes late oh well, it just means 98% of peope have to wait longer to nag about 2 pages they didn't like, its only Friday as well, there released usually on Saturdays

Wintermute
21-09-2007, 21:09
I'm sorry but I just laughed my socks off at that

and plus its true, it is only a WD, if it comes late oh well, it just means 98% of peope have to wait longer to nag about 2 pages they didn't like, its only Friday as well, there released usually on Saturdays

Ok I over-reacted, and yes you do have a point.

BTW WD IS usually released on a Friday.

Stella Cadente
21-09-2007, 21:19
Ok I over-reacted, and yes you do have a point.

BTW WD IS usually released on a Friday.

huh, round here its usually Saturdays.......unless your at my local independent, then its usually 2-3 days earlier if he has them, although I didn't take much notice, too busy buying other stuff

leonmallett
22-09-2007, 07:19
There is a simple reason the UK WD has not been mailed out yet - UK Games Day. UK WD is always available at for all to buy at UK GD before the subscription copies are sent out.

That has never seemed to affect my subscription previously.

Usually Friday for me.

No White Dwarf today either, for me. Oh well, roll on Monday...

blongbling
22-09-2007, 13:03
WD isnt out till teh last friday of the month anyway.......no indie in teh UK has it yet and i doubt that a GW store will ahve as they will go out to teh stores next week

Crube
22-09-2007, 13:07
Gah - no post at all today - so still waiting for 2 boxes of state troops and a warmaster rulebook, as well as my WD....

I've been looking forward to this WD too

Keravin
22-09-2007, 13:07
As I already said I have seen the delivery to my local GW.

RevEv
22-09-2007, 21:51
Had WD in my hands yesterday and really hacked the guys in GW off - seems they get told off if anyone reads it before it's meant to be released.

My subscription has yet to arrive.

crouchingotter
22-09-2007, 21:54
My subscription hasn't turned up yet either. Was hoping to read it yesterday or today.

I guess it's not just me then.

Lorcryst
23-09-2007, 10:01
Here in Belgium, my subscription to the UK WD usually comes in the middle of the last week of the month ... so, something like next wednesday ... not yet late for me ;)

Crube
23-09-2007, 10:17
The UK subscribers will probably get theirs about the same time, Lorcryst :rolleyes:

paspinall
23-09-2007, 10:28

WD isnt out till teh last friday of the month anyway.......no indie in teh UK has it yet and i doubt that a GW store will ahve as they will go out to teh stores next week

Our local GW hasnt got them out but then they may have the delivery still, the local Indie however had them in store on TUESDAY! Its getting silly (mine isnt here either) If it wasnt for ease and a little bit of saving I would buy it from the indie, I would get it fair bit earlier.

iseeleadpeople
23-09-2007, 16:49
mines not here tooooooo,

Gaz Taylor
23-09-2007, 17:04
And there's me thinking that the Postie had delivered my WD to the wrong house. At least I know it seems like it's late for quite a few people! Mind you I think this normally happens around GD for some reason?

Crube
23-09-2007, 17:08
Yup...

Strange, up until now, since i moved to north east scotland, my Subscription arrived aralier than when I lived in Nottingham :p

BlazeXI
23-09-2007, 19:25
WD is not printed in Poland anymore. That is a good reason for me for WD being late:evilgrin: Mine has not come either.

blongbling
24-09-2007, 07:49
WD was sent to the retail stores at teh end of last week but isnt due on sale until the release date.....

the_dark_sarge
24-09-2007, 08:08
Stop ya complaining, here it aussie we are lucky to have our WD (on subscriptions) by the beginning of the next month (i.e if you lot get it on say august the 22nd, we wouldnt get it till spetember the 3rd maybe)

kieran

Osbad
24-09-2007, 08:13
Just for the record, mine didn't arrive over the weekend either (should have arrived Friday).

I guess the problem is at the distributors' end. I find it hard to imagine GD has anything to do with it as none of the staff there are involved in distribution (the GW staff involvement probably ended months back when it was sent to off to the printers). Of course some sort of "stop" may have been operated by GW management because of GD, but I don't recall that ever occurring before. Although of course WD has been delivered late in the past. There was a time 3 or 4 years back (back when Fat Bloke was editor) when it was very (as in after it was out in the shops) late two month in a row and all subscribers got a couple of issues added onto their subs as compensation.

Still a long way off that though.

leonmallett
24-09-2007, 09:27
Mine has still yet to arrive (today's post has been and gone). Just rang Direct Sales and they blamed the Post Office. Hmmm.

Osbad
24-09-2007, 09:49
So the post-office is delivering late multiple copies of the magazine to different post codes up and down the country.... yeah right!

A fob-off answer from Direct Sales there if I ever saw one.

Still, its probably not GW's fault directly as they sub-contract out the distribution. Most likely they've (and we've) just been let down by the distributors or printers (actually unlikely to be printers as the stores already have their copies).

leonmallett
24-09-2007, 11:15
So the post-office is delivering late multiple copies of the magazine to different post codes up and down the country.... yeah right!

A fob-off answer from Direct Sales there if I ever saw one.

Still, its probably not GW's fault directly as they sub-contract out the distribution. Most likely they've (and we've) just been let down by the distributors or printers (actually unlikely to be printers as the stores already have their copies).

My guess is that allocated subscription copies were taken for GD, and the next batch used for subs.

That said, I am sure that GD hasn't resulted in it being this late before.

Osbad
24-09-2007, 12:15
According to Art is Resistance (http://warseer.com/forums/other-gw-discussion/104253-your-thoughts-on-the-years-uk-games-day-post1942143.html#post1942143) there weren't any available at GD either, and the "publishers"...

Now I always thought it was GW who published WD... :D

Crube
24-09-2007, 14:37
Still waiting....

*sigh*

ozzfan
24-09-2007, 14:41
My postman didn't turn up at all today. I shall curse him thrice.

Earthbeard
24-09-2007, 15:56
Normally get mine on the Thursday from my local FLGS, that is if deliveries aren't late.

Rider-Of-Kurnous
24-09-2007, 16:04
Mine hasnt come either, it usually comes on the second to last friday of the month. It is strange though, my mate has had his since 14th.

Rider-

Lavadude360
24-09-2007, 16:10
this is somewhat ridiculous now if it doesn't come tommorow I'll be using strong words towards the phone ops at GW.

A few days is fine but this has gone beyond a joke. :mad:

Tonberry
24-09-2007, 16:13
Monday and mine still hasn't come, though they were for sale at GD and local GW had them the Saturday.

Gaz Taylor
24-09-2007, 16:37
this is somewhat ridiculous now if it doesn't come tommorow I'll be using strong words towards the phone ops at GW.

You won't need strong words. All you need to do is wait until Friday. If it hasn't turned up, go to your local GW and they will give you a copy and phone Mail Order from the store and see what they can do. At the moment we don't know if this is GW's fault, the people who print the mag, or the Post Office. ;)

heretics bane
24-09-2007, 16:44
Monday and mine still hasn't come, though they were for sale at GD and local GW had them the Saturday.

That been happening to me for a while now so i just said nah i dont want your WD anymore its gettin worse every month so im now Ģ4 richer a month

Light of the Emperor
24-09-2007, 16:53
I'm in the US and haven't gotten mine either...

Xiphias
24-09-2007, 17:01
Gah! I was up at 6 this moring and have only just got back from work - still no frickin White Dwarf! Whats going on? - Ah well my sub finishes in 3-4 months :)

Wintermute
24-09-2007, 17:19
WD was sent to the retail stores at teh end of last week but isnt due on sale until the release date.....

Which retail stores?

I know it hasn't been sent out to the Indie stores in the UK and they get them the same time as GW stores do.

Crube
24-09-2007, 17:35
You won't need strong words. All you need to do is wait until Friday. If it hasn't turned up, go to your local GW and they will give you a copy and phone Mail Order from the store and see what they can do.

Hmm, yes, just the 100 mile round trip... I think strong words may be mre appropriate for me,....

Karnage
24-09-2007, 17:42
Which retail stores?

I know it hasn't been sent out to the Indie stores in the UK and they get them the same time as GW stores do.

Our GW had the box full of this month's White Dwarf in the store on Sunday morning becuse I remember seeing a few people flicking through copies while we were waiting for the GD coach.

Savior Angel
24-09-2007, 17:49
The UK edition of WD comes out this weekend. Or that's what I heard from the Guys at UK GD Apocalypse Stand.

iseeleadpeople
24-09-2007, 19:52
no white dwarf today grrrrrrr any one else got theirs?

Dogma
24-09-2007, 21:46
Ive now had a supcription for five months and WD has only ever arrived once.
every other time i have had to go to the store. direct cant seem to explain it they definately have all the right detals and say they are being sent.

RavenMorpheus
24-09-2007, 21:52

You really ought to think yourself as being lucky - I don't subscribe because not every issue is worth the price but I get it from my newsagent who can't be bothered to deliver on a Friday when he gets the mag so I have to wait a whole week later because I don't have the time to go and collect it, and that's a week or two after you guys are supposed to have it, so your still getting it early.

So it's not just you subscribers who are affected, and as long as it comes out who gives a stuff - it's just one big advert for the products, it's not like it's of any use most of the time.

kaimarion
24-09-2007, 23:52
Gah subscribers get theirs early my a I've never had mine less than 3-4 days late :( .

Crazy Harborc
25-09-2007, 01:21
Well, over here we have a pickup at the store subscription deal as well as normal post to your mailbox subscriptions. The local GW store did receive it's sell them on the rack WDs for October.:confused: I doubt the store's workers are too pleased....They get to explain it when we come in to pick up our plastic wrapped issues.

alexh
25-09-2007, 07:41
Mine has still yet to arrive (today's post has been and gone). Just rang Direct Sales and they blamed the Post Office. Hmmm.

That's the same non-comittal answer I got. He said if I haven't had it by the first of October, I should phone back and they will sort something out.

leonmallett
25-09-2007, 07:56
Another postal delivery and...

....still no White Dwarf. Grrr.

At least not having 'second post' anymore means no agony of thinking it might still come today...

Carlos
25-09-2007, 08:15
The UK WD comes out on the last Friday of every month. Has no-one realised this yet? Its been happening for years :D

Osbad
25-09-2007, 08:24
The UK WD comes out on the last Friday of every month. Has no-one realised this yet? Its been happening for years :D

We have realised it, but didn't you realise that subscribers are "supposed" to receive their copy a week early? That's part of the deal for subscribing.

Maybe you should do a little research before being such a smart Alec? :D

Crube
25-09-2007, 08:28
I have to wait until about 230pm for my post *sigh*

To be fair though, I havent had any post since Thursday, and I am waiting for a few things...

darren redstar
25-09-2007, 08:33
my post arrived a few minutes ago- so my disappointment that it still hasn't arrived has come earlier than yours- you are still in a state of hopeful anticipation.

Osbad
25-09-2007, 08:37
Yeah, I seem to have had a run of bad luck with mail order gaming stuff recently. First off there's WD of course, but then I have also had some AT-43 stuff on order from Rackham since June which STILL hasn't arrived due to their recent financial hiccough and total inability to supply UK retailers in a timely manner, and then last week I placed an order with Ironclad and that is also outstanding (although I suppose in the old days 28 days was normal for delivery so I suppose I'm jumping the gun there, but nowadays 7 days tends to be the norm for gaming stuff).

*Hops about from one foot to the other in frustration*

:D

Crube
25-09-2007, 08:42
Yep, currently waiting for a Warmaster rulebook, 2 boxes of Empire State Troops, 1 jigsaw, some empire components, and 2 trades off Warseer, plus my WD, and my Visa bill (although the last one can wait in all honesty ;))

yabbadabba
25-09-2007, 08:50
So instead of shouting and growling, has anyone found out what is going on?

Normally, if WD is late it's because of an issue with the distributors, or the publishers (I think I read on another link that there was no WD's at GD because of issues at the printers). In this case it is hardly GW's fault - although they should review the situation with their external parties.

leonmallett
25-09-2007, 09:55
Just rang again. The guy I spoke to stated that 'there is no perceived problem' and tried to say it is because of the area I live in. He also tried to state that there is no unusual level of lateness, and that some are always late. I asked him to notify his supervisor that as far as I am aware there is a problem, which he agreed to do.

Lavadude360
25-09-2007, 15:14
Good on you leonmallett!

GW really need a reality check if they think it's OK to bury thier head in the sand at these problems.

I had a gripe and moan about it and was told that small delays were to be expected. :eyebrows:

Anyhow I'm getting a tiny bit sick of this now after four or five months.

darren redstar
25-09-2007, 15:38
I spoke to someone today as well- apparently it isn't late at all- as it comes out on sale on saturday- when I pointed out that we are supposed to get it a week before it went on sale he replied that we would get them 'on wednesday or thursday' whiich is still before it goes on sale so 'nothing to worry about'. however he did say that there had been 'a lot' of people calling 'who all seemed to think that it was late- but it isn't' so there.
grrr

Crube
25-09-2007, 16:30
Aaaaaaaannnndddd

Still waiting...

But of course, it's not late, oh no....

iseeleadpeople
25-09-2007, 18:24
had the same saturday spiel, but it ment to come out on the last friday of the month

Finn Sourscowl
25-09-2007, 19:38
Tuesday... still waiting :(

kaimarion
25-09-2007, 21:25
Looks like I wont get mine till next week :mad: , I haven't had a single WD that has been on time this is starting to really annoy me :mad: .

This months issue better be good :evilgrin: .

RavenMorpheus
25-09-2007, 21:27
Well if your all annoyed at the lateness of this months and previous months WD cancel your subscriptions.

Moaning about it on a forum doesn't exactly hurt GW does it? Now if a whole swathe of subs got canned that'd probably make them sit up and go "hmm why dey cancel dere subs, is it cos WD was late?" and then they might do something about it, or not?

ozzfan
26-09-2007, 09:20
Huzzah! Mine has arrived! And it looks like a great issue, it has a lovely fold-out cover.

I believe this constitutes a "teh w00t!!!"

leonmallett
26-09-2007, 09:44
No post yet....

Karnage
26-09-2007, 15:45
Mine also arrived this morning. Looks like they'll be arriving all over the place now methinks :D

Crube
27-09-2007, 08:29
Mine arrived, but the fold out cover has detached form the rest of the cover.... :mad:

Osbad
27-09-2007, 08:50
Got mine last night.

Lorcryst
27-09-2007, 09:46
Recieved it today ... and the wierd thing is, I got two copies ...

leonmallett
27-09-2007, 10:02
I received my single copy this morning. The foldout is half detached but a nice thought. Finally.

Thorgrim1
27-09-2007, 14:54
I still havenīt got my WD....thatīs really annoying!:mad:

Lavadude360
27-09-2007, 15:17
Well mines finally arived and hopefully the bad response they got this month will teach them a lesson don't mess with your customers!

75hastings69
27-09-2007, 15:28
Mine has finally arrived, great new pics of loads of old minis repackaged, and erm, erm, well that's about it really.

Evo-Revolution
27-09-2007, 17:47
Still have not recieved my WD. Rang and spoke to them and the guy said that they had had printing problems, as well as Games Day.

Deamon-forge
27-09-2007, 17:52
great new pics of loads of old minis repackaged, and erm, erm, well that's about it really.

I agree 100%

Mine has come...bent in half tho.....

iseeleadpeople
27-09-2007, 17:57
got mine
and its ok,

stuartgw
28-09-2007, 09:05
Hello all,

I have been contacted by the UK Mail Order Manager regarding the lateness of White Dwarf. The reason that this has happend is due to some confusion about dates that the distribution company needs to receive the updated list of subscribers each month. This has now been looked into and the the situation resolved, so going forward there shouldn't be anymore problems with WD being late.

If you still have an outstanding WD non delivery for this issue please contact MO and they will resolve the situation.

Stuart

Railgunner
28-09-2007, 10:14
Does this count for us in Northern Europe too, or is this UK only? as i still havn't got mine:(

RG

Osbad
28-09-2007, 11:00
Hello all,

I have been contacted by the UK Mail Order Manager regarding the lateness of White Dwarf. The reason that this has happend is due to some confusion about dates that the distribution company needs to receive the updated list of subscribers each month. This has now been looked into and the the situation resolved, so going forward there shouldn't be anymore problems with WD being late.

If you still have an outstanding WD non delivery for this issue please contact MO and they will resolve the situation.

Stuart

Thanks for popping by to let us know what was going on and chasing up the problem!

Thorgrim1
28-09-2007, 14:00
I am still waiting...............

stuartgw
28-09-2007, 14:38
i refer you to my last post, can you contact Mail Order and they will sort this out, posting here does nohting to get your WD to you any quicker

slaughteredbull
28-09-2007, 15:21
It hasn't been released in newsagents either yet.

RavenMorpheus
29-09-2007, 22:43
It hasn't been released in newsagents either yet.

It has, mine delivered my copy on Thursday :p, strangely on time for once? :confused:

stuartgw
30-09-2007, 13:22
the on sale date for WD is the last Friday of the month, newsagents shouldnt sell it till then. they are also outside of the MO distribution issues as the magazines go direct from the printers to the magazine distirbutor and need no update info from GW

Karnage
18-10-2007, 10:24
Indeed, mine's arrived too. They probably sent them out early anticipating said postmen playing silly buggers :D

RevEv
18-10-2007, 14:37
At least getting it early makes up for last month - although I don't think I'll see much of my copy although it's arrived early as it contains both Orks and High Elves, both collected by the Mrs.

Ho Hum, more painting to do!

ozzfan
18-10-2007, 15:06
Got mine too this morning, and I suspect Karnage has got it right.

Incidentally, page 95 of mine is printed in what seems like Italian, how strange...

jb85
18-10-2007, 17:54
Incidentally, page 95 of mine is printed in what seems like Italian, how strange...

Just had a look at mine and it's the same, that's a new one on me :confused:

Karnage
19-10-2007, 01:26
Yep, Italian, quite amusing and certainly woke me up this morning when reading it. Was just casually thumbing through the mag and then "Wha?" there it was :D