PDA

View Full Version : The edict of nikaea

ArtificerArmour
21-09-2007, 18:39
Yup, laid down by Malcador this outlined the continued use of psychic powers, sorcery, and introduced chaplains into common organisation.

However, what was entailed by the edict? Was psykers AND sorcery banned, or just sorcery?

Also, if both were banned at the wish of the emperor - when did they get round to reintroducing librarians into the new chapters after the heresy? And why did roboute allow this, if he followed the emperor so fervantly?

The Guy
21-09-2007, 19:48
Well considering the emperor was a psyker himself I'd say banning psykers would be very hypocritical..even for the imperium.

Norminator
21-09-2007, 19:51
I actually think Psykers were banned, in an attempt to completely eliminate any knowledge of the warp to normal humans (this is part of the reason, IMO, the Heresy happened; even the Marines didn't really understand the immaterium). However I think they would probably still be used, just not in a militarised fashion in the legions - maybe to help the Emperor with his webway project.

Feor
21-09-2007, 23:30
All psykers not needed for the continued existence of the Imperium (that is, Navigators, Astropaths, etc) were banned at Nikea.

Nazguire
21-09-2007, 23:46
All psykers not needed for the continued existence of the Imperium (that is, Navigators, Astropaths, etc) were banned at Nikea.

Which makes sense given the dangers of the Warp. Can't have everyone runnng around with a crystal ball and wires in their head when there are nasties in the Warp.