PDA

View Full Version : 1.5K Lizardmen

The_Dragon_Rising
22-09-2007, 10:12
Ive played a few games with this list using proxies and it has performed well but i am coming to you people to see what you feel could be made different.
Just as a note BS Quetzl means Blessed Spawning of Quetzl and grants +1 Armour and makes my skink priests use the Lore of Death.

Hero- Saurus Scar-Vet: 148pts
Great Weapon, Light Armour, Shield, Charm of the Jaguar Warrior, BS Sotek, BS Quetzl

Hero- Skink Priest: 130pts
Lvl 2 Wizard, BS Quetzl, Dispel Scroll

Hero- Skink Priest: 140pts
Lvl 2 Wizard, BS Quetzl, Diadem of Power

Hero/Lord Choices Total: 418pts

Core- 10 Skink Skirmishers:75pts
Blowpipes, BS Quetzl, Scout

Core- 10 Skink Skirmishers:75pts
Blowpipes, BS Quetzl, Scout

Core- 10 Skink Skirmishers:65pts
Blowpipes, BS Quetzl

Core- 10 Skink Skirmishers: 65pts
Shields and Javelins, BS Quetzl

Core- 12 Skink Skirmishers: 77pts

Core- 12 Skink Skirmishers: 77pts

Core choice total: 434pts
Special- 3 Kroxigor: 174pts

Special- 3 Kroxigor: 174pts

Special- 3 Terradons: 105pts

Special choice total: 453pts

Rare- 3 Salamanders: 195 pts

Rare choice total: 195pts

Total army points: 1500

Thoughts? All C+C welcome.

Wurzag
22-09-2007, 18:20
ok, where are you getting this blessing spawn of quetzel makes them cast spells from the lore of death considering they ALWAYS use the lore of the heavens and it says in the book here that they may take the blessed spawning of sotek or the blessed mark of the old ones (one per army). Where are you making this list from skinks cant use blessed spawnings at all. Sorry but just trying to let you make a correct list.

shadowghost
23-09-2007, 00:47
He's taking a sacred spawning army, with the spawning of quetzl, its on the games workshope website. It just means that all skinks and saurus must have the blessed spawning of quetzl, skink priests use the lore of death, and saurus and skinks with the sacred spawning of quetzl remain core choices. As far as I know, this is perfectly legal.

Comments towards the list: I'm not surprised that you are doing well with this list, everything you have is at least movement 6, so you can probably outrun just about everything. You have kroxigors and your commander who can hit things and do good damage, and the kroxigors can take out ranks, so your doing well there. And you have more shooting than a lot of armies have at 2000 pts. Its a powerful list, but one that might not be the most fun for your opponents to play against, if they aren't also tooling up. Personally, I wouldn't enjoy a game where my opponent just ran around me the whole game shooting (the skinks and salamanders come to mind), and then only attacking when he was sure to win (with the kroxigor and scar veteran).

huitzilopochtli
23-09-2007, 13:59
maybe give your scar vet a ward save?

the list looks fairly imbalanced with regards to staying power. skinks are poor h2h warriors and while kroxigor can break a lot of things on the charge, anything they can't break with a couple of ranks is going to ruin them. even with cold blooded ld of 7 if they loose combat they're likely to break.

try adding in a unit of 20 saurus. i usually play with 3 units of skinks, one krox, 20 saurus and 3 characters (2 priests and a scar vet) and have yet to lose with them. if you don't like how it plays with them switch back, as the list you have seems to be quite a competent force. ;)